In real life Josh Allen had an NFL average game yesterday.

Chaos

The offensive line was absolute garbage yesterday. They couldn’t run block at all. They couldn’t pass protect. Even worse, the middle of the line got caved in, which prevented Allen from stepping up in the pocket.

Late in the game when we needed a big completion, he was immediately leaving the pocket because he knew there wouldn’t be one.

Considering that, I think he had a pretty good game.

Allen’s offense scored 25 points yesterday - that’s more points than 71% of NFL teams yesterday. 

He also left the field with a lead and less than 2 minutes to go (where have I heard that before).

Yeah, I get it, he had a few wayward throws. A few bad decisions.

Yet he still completed 66% of his passes and had 3 TD’s…

Yet his offense still left the game with a lead…

I get the annoyance with the offense, but the defense allowing Mac Jones and that terrible  Patriots offense to drive 75 yards in under 2 minutes so extremely overshadows our offensive woes. McDermott was terrible yesterday.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Allen’s offense scored 25 points yesterday - that’s more points than 71% of NFL teams yesterday. 

He also left the field with a lead and less than 2 minutes to go (where have I heard that before).

Yeah, I get it, he had a few wayward throws. A few bad decisions.

Yet he still completed 66% of his passes and had 3 TD’s…

Yet his offense still left the game with a lead…

I get the annoyance with the offense, but the defense allowing Mac Jones and that terrible  Patriots offense to drive 75 yards in under 2 minutes so extremely overshadows our offensive woes. McDermott was terrible yesterday.

10 points with 5 minutes left in the game.

We don't pay $70M a season for that.

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

Passing slash lines: data that may only interest me.

GroupAKinkaid, Cook, Shakir, Murray, Harty, Sherfield

GroupBDiggs, Davis, Knox

Rec-Tgt-Comp%-Yds-TD-Ypc-Ypa

A: 19-19-100-191-1-10.1-10.1

B: 08-20-74-40-1-9.3-3.7

This is good info. Play calling and scheme were good yesterday. 

I would like to see our passing game core to be Diggs, Kincaid, and Cook going forward. And what I would love to see is a lot of snaps with Murray and Cook on the field together. I think that gives us a lot of mismatches in both the run and pass game. At that point we can use Davis, Shakir, Knox, Harty, and Sherfield as needed. 

I think Dorsey sees this too, but we’ve had a lot of gaffes in execution this year. 

• Agree 1

Just now, DapperCam said:

The offensive line was absolute garbage yesterday

Yeah, if anyone wants to complain about the offense, start there.

There was one blitz where NE has 5 players rushing, and THREE hit Allen.

10 minutes ago, FireChans said:

10 points with 5 minutes left in the game.

We don't pay $70M a season for that.

The game doesn’t end with five minutes. 

How many Super Bowls did Tom Brady have where his offense has 17 or less points with time waning?

6 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Yeah, if anyone wants to complain about the offense, start there.

There was one blitz where NE has 5 players rushing, and THREE hit Allen.

The game doesn’t end with five minutes. 

How many Super Bowls did Tom Brady have where his offense has 17 or less points with time waning?

Nothing like comparing a game against the 1-5 Patriots to a Superbowl matchup lol

It’s not all on Allan, but he played a large role. What was he 2 for 12 or worse on balls that traveled more than 10 yards beyond the line of scrimmage yesterday? And that’s if I count Allen’s final pass, which was a beautiful strike to diggs, that he couldn’t haul in.

in that aspect, it was one of his worst games I’ve ever seen out of him. He wasn’t just misfiring on the balls traveling 20 or more yards. It was anything over 10 air yards.

Right now it seems to me that Allen is getting his stats with 4th quarter comebacks after slow starts due to poor execution of the designed and scripted offense that begins the game. Perhaps Allen should call his own plays in a stripped down no-huddle high tempo offense. Peyton Manning was able to do this and wasn't Einstein. Is Allen smart enough to call his own plays? 

2 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

It’s not all on Allan, but he played a large role. What was he 2 for 12 or worse on balls that traveled more than 10 yards beyond the line of scrimmage yesterday? And that’s if I count Allen’s final pass, which was a beautiful strike to diggs, that he couldn’t haul in.

in that aspect, it was one of his worst games I’ve ever seen out of him. He wasn’t just misfiring on the balls traveling 20 or more yards. It was anything over 10 air yards.

If this stat line is one of his worst games, then he is one of the most elite QBs ever. Especially with the offensive line playing like garbage.

265 yards 

65.8 comp %
2 pass TDs

1 INT

1 sack

90 passer rating

17 rush yards

1 rush TD

1 game winning TD drive ending with 2 minutes left

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

If this stat line is one of his worst games, then he is one of the most elite QBs ever. Especially with the offensive line playing like garbage.

265 yards 

65.8 comp %
2 pass TDs

1 INT

1 sack

90 passer rating

17 rush yards

1 rush TD

1 game winning TD drive ending with 2 minutes left

I doubt you’ll find another game where he completed a lower percentage on as many attempts beyond 10 yards. That’s specifically the aspect that I don’t recall him ever being worse at.

I did not say that overall it was one of his worst games.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.