Bring back the K-Gun and the hurry up offense

GoBills!

4 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Some tempo/hurry up, sure.  K gun.  No.   Sometimes it feels like people here are stuck several decades in the past and cannot escape.  

You think when stuff goes wrong in miami they say bring back the wildcat? 😂 

I think I'm with the consensus that it could be a change of pace once in awhile.  With how fragile, mentally and physically, our defense currently is, it would put them in some precarious positions if we go 3 and out for a couple series in a row while taking little time off the clock.  

I think the O-Line we had for the K-Gun was much better than we have today. 

LT Will Wolford

LG Jim Ritcher

C Kent Hull

RG John Davis

RT Howard Ballard

We don't have anyone who can force the defense to keep a safety deep like they had to for Beebe.

Thurman was also a complete back, run, catch, block.

Josh's mobility has been clamped down by the current regime.

We don’t have the personel  to come close to running a K-Gun like offense.

One of the problems we have as I see it is way too many different personnel packages. This is Dorsey mental ***** thinking he’s going to out scheme the d coordinator and all it has done has slowed everything down, given defenses a chance to sub and match whatever package Dorsey puts on, then it takes too long to get to the line and Josh has little time to look over the defense.

An offense where Josh gets to the line with 20 seconds or so to survey the defense, identify pressure, change the play or protection is what we need.

Decrease the different packages, get the plays in quicker so Josh has time to look and think. Hiking the ball at 1 second every play is rushing him mentally

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.