Not sure if it's OK for me to say this...but Poyer is toast

Hebert19

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

Yeah, don't worry about it. Poyer is a favorite but it was a mistake to bring him back

Agree.  Love the dude but he fell off a cliff.  

Just now, BillzFreak said:

I mean as a backup poyer still has value but as a consistent starter in this league he is not.

Agree.  Even when we go 3 safties he's fine in that but can't start anymore. 

21 hours ago, Einstein said:

He looked a step slow last season.

He looks 3 steps slow this season.

One of my favorite Bills ever but his prime is behind him. Thank you for your service Po.

McDermott will NOT admit this!! Although Poyer wasn't the issue yesterday

Edited by Solomon Grundy

3 hours ago, mrags said:

It’s 100% the truth. Here’s the biggest punch in the dick tho. Look for more defensive picks in the first 3 rounds this years draft, to replace the aging and beat up bets that either wont be here or we need to find suitable backups for in case things don’t go well in recovery. 

Hyde

Poyer

White

Milano

Jones

all need to be replaced or at least need to find suitable backups for at this point. You can probably throw in DE as well as Floyd is just on a one year deal. Lawson is the same. Epenesa is on the final year of his contract. Phillips and Jones will or should be gone. Milano may not ever fully recover from this being over 30. Same with Tre. 

look for McD to get his pick of the draft litter and go all out defense again. Maybe a mid to late round WR or RB to make us feel warm and fuzzy. 

This

I really like Rapp. Many of those here,and myself, wanted him in FA to replace poyer.  Hell the man started for a superbowl winning team.

42 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I really like Rapp. Many of those here,and myself, wanted him in FA to replace poyer.  Hell the man started for a superbowl winning team.

Yup. And I believe Rapp is on a tryout for this season for the future. I also believe they were aware that one of the 2 safeties could be injury ridden or have been hit by Father Time. And they brought Rapp in with the assumption he’d he playing a decent amount. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.