Week 5 - Buy, Sell, Hold - Jags Edition

boyst

Buy-  Terrel Bernard-  buying high on this guy vs this offense we’re about to face is pretty stupid….. but we need you to be the man TB.  BE THE MAN!!  If we can stall their O and TB is a big factor in it, I’ll be on cloud 9 about this defense and our SB chances.  In my eyes, he was one of 2 very weak links in our starting lineup.  If that weak link can be turned into a strength, our R could be the best in the league when we get von back.

Sell-  Damian harris.  I love Murray.  Would rather split his touches between Murray, Cook and Kincaid.  I know I’m being hard on him, he’s decent and a good guy.  He’s just not my guy.

Hold- Spencer Brown-  he’s our RT for the rest of the season.  I thought Jaelen Phillips made him look JV last season.  Luckily for him, he’s out.  His replacements are capable though.  Van Ginkel has been playing with his hair on fire and has probably been their best defensive player (through 3 games).  

But he’s small-  brown could maul him in the run game.  Ogbah is decent. Get this run game ignited and start gaining steam big man!  But I’ll settle for not sucking

Edited by NewEra

38 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Buy-  Terrel Bernard-  buying high on this guy vs this offense we’re about to face is pretty stupid….. but we need you to be the man TB.  BE THE MAN!!  If we can stall their O and TB is a big factor in it, I’ll be on cloud 9 about this defense and our SB chances.  In my eyes, he was one of 2 very weak links in our starting lineup.  If that weak link can be turned into a strength, our R could be the best in the league when we get von back.

Sell-  Damian harris.  I love Murray.  Would rather split his touches between Murray, Cook and Kincaid.  I know I’m being hard on him, he’s decent and a good guy.  He’s just not my guy.

Hold- Spencer Brown-  he’s our RT for the rest of the season.  I thought Jaelen Phillips made him look JV last season.  Luckily for him, he’s out.  His replacements are capable though.  Van Ginkel has been playing with his hair on fire and has probably been their best defensive player (through 3 games).  

But he’s small-  brown could maul him in the run game.  Ogbah is decent. Get this run game ignited and start gaining steam big man!  But I’ll settle for not sucking

YES this

MLB like Bernard in McDermott defense is like Apple in 2012, yes it looks high rn but you have to see the trajectory and what could be, buy now hold for a decade

• Awesome! (+1) 1

• boyst changed the title to Week 5 - Buy, Sell, Hold - Jags Edition

WEEK 5: BILLS VS JAGUARS (IN LONDON)

Who ya got?

Buy: Knox. Nothing but a hunch but I think he will do quite well this weekend.  (Honorable mention: Elam: I want to support this dude!)

Sell: Harty. It seems he gets used sparingly and I wish we could find a way to use him more. I'd love to be wrong here and eat crow but he just isn't being added to the game.

Hold: Rapp. If Poyer is back to starting it will be hard to believe that Rapp is moved to the bench after being able to hold his own against the fish. It is a great thing to have starting talent in the fold.

• Like (+1) 1

Buy - DaQuan Jones.  Dude is en fuego and will do serious damage to Fabio.

Sell - Sharty.  Man, what a waste.  Hope the McKittrick haterz are happy.  Sharty is nowhere near McKittrick's output. 
Hold - Mitch Morse. Dude does not get anywhere near the credit he deserves. Arguably the best C in football. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, boyst said:

WEEK 5: BILLS VS JAGUARS (IN LONDON)

Who ya got?

Buy: Knox. Nothing but a hunch but I think he will do quite well this weekend.  (Honorable mention: Elam: I want to support this dude!)

Sell: Harty. It seems he gets used sparingly and I wish we could find a way to use him more. I'd love to be wrong here and eat crow but he just isn't being added to the game.

Hold: Rapp. If Poyer is back to starting it will be hard to believe that Rapp is moved to the bench after being able to hold his own against the fish. It is a great thing to have starting talent in the fold.

You should make this a weekly thread. 

Buy -- Bills OLINE.  They are making believers out of doubters.  Another good test

Sell -- Von Miller playing...  Don't see it happening.

Hold -- Elam..  Gonna need him...  Should be active this week.

24 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

You should make this a weekly thread. 

haha i have been. but i got suggestion to put them all together.

i had thought leave them as single runs then ask them to be combined at end of the year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Buy:

Kaiir Elam. Simply put his stock is at an all time low. I'm scooping up all the Elam notes I can because it's bound to go 📈. While he may not be a super scheme fit and his opportunity comes a little later than most would have liked to see, he does now hav an opportunity and I believe he will make some plays if called upon. This is a long term investment plan.

Sell:

James Cook. Cook has started off extremely well and I expect that to continue. However, I have noticed a slight uptick on snaps for Latavius Murray, especially on 3rd downs. I think as the season progresses and the weather goes from nice to moody, Murray will see more action and Cook will take less hits in preparation for the postseason.

Hold:

Eric Washington. I would be hard pressed to remember a time when our DLine has had the impact it has had so far this season over the last 25 years. And his unit still has a first ballot HoFer due to come fully back any time. Seeing guys like Groot and AJE develop and payoff is wonderful to see. Ed Oliver is having a career year so far. I'm holding the Washington stock because I think he has an inside track (along with Bobby Babich) to take over as DC next year.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.