YouTube NFL Sunday Ticket: Impressions?

EasternOHBillsFan

6 hours ago, Max Fischer said:

Overall: very good. 

Split screen was the way to go, especially with Red Zone. 

One option I hope they include is the ability to build your own split screens.  

This was the one thing I missed from the old ST app - being able to drag and drop the games you wanted to watch and change them at will

12 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Agree, there was no combination that provided both the NE and Miami games. 

There is an option within YTTV to give feedback and I told them about this.  So far haven't received anything back from them, but maybe feedback to them just goes int o a black hole.

No you're not missing something.  YTTV is a bit different than a traditional cable box.  Instead you just select what you want from the options provided.  Do agree is not nearly as easy to move around.  On a normal basis I just "like" what I want to view, then go afterward to library to view it.  But that isn't practical for the games on a Sunday. 

Do you actually have YTTV or sounds like you just have ST and are watching thru You Tube.  AlphaDawg and I solved this one. If you have YTTV the local games are available and can select in multiview which is something you could not do in DTV.  But if viewing through You Tube interface, then local games will not appear.

Correct, I just have ST (using Directv for cable still).

Yeah it's better than nothing, but wish they'd at least carry the 8 game multiview option.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, jethro_tull said:

Gets the job done but not perfect.  

1. The two games shown locally over the air were blacked out on YT so i had to keep switching between YT and DirecTV, kind of a pain.  

2. The game to game switching on YT was decently quick.  

3. Sign in was a PITA, had to switch my phone browser to enable location tracking so it knew my viewing market and could validate my TVs Roku YT sign in. 

4. I did not order Red Zone but thought I would at least get the multi screen option without it, no such luck.  

5. The broadcast was fine, one or two minor glitches like a brief repeat loop. 

6.  Really miss the DirecTV NFL mix channel where you could see all the scores at a glance. 

7. Overall still prefer DTV Sunday Ticket for the NFL mix and not having to switch sources to see the locally broadcast games. 

Same here.  I can watch on my phone, laptop and tablet but I get that "enable tracking" deal on my ROKU YouTube App.

What was your old browser and what did you change it to, if I might ask?

I didn't have much experience with Sunday Ticket yesterday. I spent the day on the road from attending a memorial service for a friend from our high school days. That said, YTTV said I  couldn't watch the recording of the Dolphins game until 7:30. That struck me as a bit odd, but maybe there is a workaround. Old dog, new tricks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.