The Bills will win if/The Jets will win if....

mjd1001

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

That depends on what Rogers shows up. Rogers when motivated is almost impossible to stop, but if Father Time has caught up to him then yes Allen is clearly better.. but if the Jets trail by less than a TD with 2 minutes left and Rogers gets the ball.. I’d be scared if I was a Bills fan.. this is the regular season, he doesn’t pee down his leg till the playoffs! Lol

Rodgers peed down his leg the last time he was on the field at home against Detroit last year. The Rodgers you're talking about was gone all last year. Now if that was apathy towards playing for the Packers or as you say, Father Time...that will be the story of the Jets season IMO.

You also mention how Aaron, when focused is almost impossible to stop. That would have scared me 6-7 years ago because while what you say is true, we now ALSO have a fella...his names Josh....and when he's dialed in is an alien will NOT be stopped. 

23 hours ago, NewEra said:

The Bills win if Dorsey calls and good game while the OL holds their own.  

The Jets will win if they out coach the Bills and their DL dominates

Jets DL can dominate and Josh makes plays off schedule, we can still win. If Dorsey just lets Josh take what the defense gives him and establishes the run somewhat, I believe our TE/Receivers will dominate. Remember, their front 7 has to protect against the QB run threat and that will give single coverage to an explosive receiving corp.

28 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Jets DL can dominate and Josh makes plays off schedule, we can still win. If Dorsey just lets Josh take what the defense gives him and establishes the run somewhat, I believe our TE/Receivers will dominate. Remember, their front 7 has to protect against the QB run threat and that will give single coverage to an explosive receiving corp.

That can certainly happen…..but I doubt that we win if the jets DL dominates.  Jmo

51 minutes ago, NewEra said:

That can certainly happen…..but I doubt that we win if the jets DL dominates.  Jmo

Jets Defense is legitimate but when they had to impose their will on beatable teams last season they were just OK. Minn.,Det. Jags, NE, Cleveland, and Seattle come to mind.With no major additions they’re the same team. They can certainly limit what we want to do, but I like our chances. I’m glad it’s away because this team likes us against the world challenges.

2 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Jets Defense is legitimate but when they had to impose their will on beatable teams last season they were just OK. Minn.,Det. Jags, NE, Cleveland, and Seattle come to mind.With no major additions they’re the same team. They can certainly limit what we want to do, but I like our chances. I’m glad it’s away because this team likes us against the world challenges.

Agreed with being in the road.  

I don’t agree about the defense.  They were a huge problem for us last season.  They added Will Mcdonald, who looked great in camp/preseason. Their ends will come in at us in waves of fresh bodies.  Until I see Spencer Brown handle them, I’ll assume that he won’t.

I think we’ve improved on O more than they’ve improved on D…..so that’s comforting.  Just need to see the baby.  

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Agreed with being in the road.  

I don’t agree about the defense.  They were a huge problem for us last season.  They added Will Mcdonald, who looked great in camp/preseason. Their ends will come in at us in waves of fresh bodies.  Until I see Spencer Brown handle them, I’ll assume that he won’t.

I think we’ve improved on O more than they’ve improved on D…..so that’s comforting.  Just need to see the baby.  

Brown has to be better but if we can run it a little it might keep edge rushers back on their heels a bit. Our guards are better than last year and I think can run with more success than last year.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Eastport bills said:

Brown has to be better but if we can run it a little it might keep edge rushers back on their heels a bit. Our guards are better than last year and I think can run with more success than last year.

Yeah that’ll be the key….being able to run.  The right side of the OL has some serious potential in that respect.  I hope we can have some early success in that dept

On 9/10/2023 at 9:32 AM, LabattBlue said:

The Jets will win if Blob Dawkins falls off the wagon, eats 100 Big Macs before the game, and they have to start some scrub at LT while Dawkins is laying on the locker room floor with Big Mac sauce all over his face. 

You mean "Thousand Island" dressing. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.