Mike Vick at Bills practice and the nfl script release

JerseyBills

1 hour ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

John 8:7

King James Version

"...He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone...."

A few things here:

- In this "thread" I'm reading and seeing a lot of vitriol against Mike Vick. Based on the Biblical quote I just copied and pasted, I'm left to assume we have a lot of perfect / sinless contributors here at TBD.  I don't think so.

- Are those of you with a continuing and everlasting grievance with Mike Vick just as disgusted when your local schools are underperforming? Just as infuriated with human / child sex trafficking? Just as angry when one of our US service members almost literally sacrificed in a foreign land for no good reason?  Or just "virtue signaling" at every opportunity given with an unhealthy, fanatical desire to attack others. 

I say, the courts have done their jobs, Mike Vick served his sentence, he's still relatively young and has a lot left to offer.  He's got a lot to be embarrassed about and he could easily hide behind his money and go away.  Instead, he continually seeks self improvement, works to contribute in constructive ways, all while surely knowing the hypocrites are out to get him.  For that, I admire him!  I repeat, "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone."

What about people atheists or people who simply aren't Christians?

You don't need religion to tell you people can change & learn from expereinces (both good & bad). Similarly, people can accept he's changed & still not like or forgive him if they wish. What he did was pretty messed up, so it's understandable that his reputation may be forever unsalvagable to some.

I hate what he did, but I also accept that he likely understands how disgusting what he did was... If I met him today, I would judge him based on who he is now. Would I be saying that if he killed someone? Probably not. But that goes back to the part where I said some people may never accept or forgive regardless of anything else.

12 minutes ago, MJS said:

This is stupid. He tortured and killed dogs and went to jail for it.

People can dislike him if they want. That does not mean they are casting stones. Jesus was not telling everyone to excuse the woman's actions. In fact, he did not excuse them either. He literally told her to stop sinning. He just didn't want her stoned to death because of them.

Similarly, none of us are calling for Michael Vick to be dragged out into the streets and stoned to death. But we sure do not need to excuse or forget his horrible misdeeds. His actions will follow him forever.

Again, tell us how perfect you have lived.  Every time I ask, its "crickets."

2 minutes ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

Again, tell us how perfect you have lived.  Every time I ask, its "crickets."

Our problem just might be the vastness of the spectrum. There is a lot of space between “perfect” and what Vick was up to. 

As much as I abhor his behavior, I’m able to hope he can find a positive and productive post-football life. I’d like to acknowledge where we are, and then look forward. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

You don't need religion to tell you people can change & learn from expereinces (both good & bad). Similarly, people can accept he's changed & still not like or forgive him if they wish. What he did was pretty messed up, so it's understandable that his reputation may be forever unsalvagable to some.

I hate what he did, but I also accept that he likely understands how disgusting what he did was... If I met him today, I would judge him based on who he is now. Would I be saying that if he killed someone? Probably not. But that goes back to the part where I said some people may never accept or forgive regardless of anything else.

9 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

I'm targeting the hypocrisy.  Calling Mike Vick evil when every single person here knows dam well they have "screwed-up" really bad.  If you haven't, then your either just a child (Not enough time to have yet made mistakes), a Saint - doubtful, or just a liar and not admitting it.  Hypocrisy - That's the point of the "Stone Throwing" story and not trying to sell religion, forgiveness, to forget what occurred, etc.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

10 minutes ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

I'm targeting the hypocrisy.

There's no hypocrisy; it's just another nonsense comparison you're throwing out. Again.

Nobody here as drowned, electrocuted or lynched any animals for fun. You're trying to compare recreational torture and murder to shoplifting, getting drunk, cheating at cards, lying, etc.

Just stop......

• Thank you (+1) 1

I'm still wondering, if I'm so off-base here with my take on Mike Vick's visit to the Bills, (Summary - I think it could be a good thing), then why did the Bills / Coach McD invite him?  Why was the team welcoming him with open arms (See the hugs in the photos)?  Seems like I'm with the team (Bills) on this one, and the rest of the board is on the other side of the fence.  Interesting.  I might not be so stupid after all. 

6 minutes ago, Simon said:

There's no hypocrisy; it's just another nonsense comparison you're throwing out. Again.

Nobody here as drowned, electrocuted or lynched any animals for fun. You're trying to compare recreational torture and murder to shoplifting, getting drunk, cheating, lying, etc.

Just stop......

"Nobody here as drowned, electrocuted or lynched any animals for fun" or worse ... not that you know of...

Just now, BillsNutHawaii said:

"Nobody here as drowned, electrocuted or lynched any animals for fun" or worse ... not that you know of...

Again, if Im so lost, explain why the team and I are in agreement and your viewpoint differs..... 

12 minutes ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

Again, if Im so lost, explain why the team and I are in agreement and your viewpoint differs..... 

I'm not talking about the team.

I'm talking about the ridiculous parallels you're trying to draw in your ongoing crusade against common sense.

1 minute ago, Simon said:

I'm not talking about the team.

I'm talking about the ridiculous parallels you're trying to draw in your ongoing crusade against common sense.

I am talking about the team, (That's how this whole thread started - see page 1).  Simon, you must be one of the many "sinless" around here and that's why your challenged to understand me - and vice versa.

5 minutes ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

Simon, you must be one of the many "sinless" around here and that's why your challenged to understand me - and vice versa.

This senseless crusade is so far beyond ridiculous that I am on the verge of asking you to remove yourself from this thread.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Blackbeard said:

More diversion. 

Hey, I've got the whole Buffalo Bills organization, (A lot of hard working, intelligent / brilliant people there) in alignment with my point of view on Mike Vick's visit....and that's a good thing. 

Just now, Simon said:

This senseless crusade is so far beyond ridiculous that I am on the verge of asking you to remove yourself from this thread.

No crusade here, I'm just responding to the statements made.  If you want compulsory agreement with your points of view - fine.

3 minutes ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

No crusade here, I'm just responding to the statements made.  If you want compulsory agreement with your points of view - fine.

I don't give a flying fig at a rolling doughnut whether you agree or not.

I care that you're repeatedly annoying a bunch of good people by taking over this thread and driving it into a field of foolishness, which is pretty much the definition of crusading.

7 minutes ago, Simon said:

I don't give a flying fig at a rolling doughnut whether you agree or not.

I care that you're repeatedly annoying a bunch of good people by taking over this thread and driving it into a field of foolishness, which is pretty much the definition of crusading.

Simon, I insist you're reading me all wrong, (I'm a soft hearted person - maybe too much - and that's because of my experiences, not to annoy).  Its my fault for not being more clear in my messaging.  Will do all I can to be better, write more clearly or not contribute.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.