Cool story -- fan hitched a ride with McD after a canceled flight this past weekend

eball

17 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I would have led with the question: 

"What kind of cheeseburger does Andy Reid smell like". 

I feel like it would be a Double Whopper no cheese. But Andy strikes me more of a Wendy's guy so he can dip his fries in the Frosty. So I would guess Baconator.

A Double Whopper no cheese? Really?

I would imagine him smelling a lot like cheese.

A lot of cheese.

Edited by Bad Things

On 7/18/2023 at 9:50 AM, eball said:

From the Buffalo News

I'm sure guys like @Nextmanup won't be able to stomach a story like this, since McD is "not his kind of guy."

I am sure he is a good guy, but his job is on the line if we don't get at least to the AFC Championship Game or the Super Bowl. Love the story, but to be realistic about his job performance must be separated from the character of the person- it's what he is paid to do.

10 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I am sure he is a good guy, but his job is on the line if we don't get at least to the AFC Championship Game or the Super Bowl. Love the story, but to be realistic about his job performance must be separated from the character of the person- it's what he is paid to do.

Im a fan who is fairly comfortable with McDermott, but I agree that his job SHOULD be on the line if they dont at least make the AFCCG.  However, I do not think the thought will cross ownership's mind (and I suspect it is not Beane's decision at all)

The only way McDermott's job will be in true jeopardy is if this season is a special kind of disaster.  3rd or 4th in the division, no playoffs, embarrassing lockerroom trouble/loss off control, etc.

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

Im a fan who is fairly comfortable with McDermott, but I agree that his job SHOULD be on the line if they dont at least make the AFCCG.  However, I do not think the thought will cross ownership's mind (and I suspect it is not Beane's decision at all)

The only way McDermott's job will be in true jeopardy is if this season is a special kind of disaster.  3rd or 4th in the division, no playoffs, embarrassing lockerroom trouble/loss off control, etc.

I LOVED Marv Levy... great person, inspiring, perfect mentality for a head coach. Although we didn't win the four straight Super Bowls, Marv did something that nobody else has ever done, which is getting us there, and it hasn't been done since. McDermott has had the opportunity to get us to those same heights at least, but grievous errors on defense two years in a row have cost us those chances. Our lack of commitment to the running game and allowing Josh to take on so much of the offense is also troublesome as the months go on. Now, at long last, we will see what's what, because Leslie Frazier is out and we have new offensive pieces. Put up or shut up time, and Stefon knows this as well.

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

sounded like she played college softball and she does. although i think he has a handful of daughters

The showcase for softball is done on many college campus so coaches can recruit the athletes that they look for and positions.  D1 thru3 all do as many as possible makes the school a ton of money.  They also do them at Disney. It is just cheap to fly there. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/18/2023 at 8:58 PM, BillsShredder83 said:

sounded like she played college softball and she does. although i think he has a handful of daughters

Yeah, but the thing is college softball is done for the season, but youth travel softball (and baseball) teams are big business year-round (except during the school season), especially in the summer. Parents travel all over the country with their kids, often staying at Hampton Inns or Marriott Residence Inns and the like. I used to stay at these hotels, and every weekend in the summer like clockwork you saw all these coaches, parents, softball players, and siblings at the hotel breakfast buffet before weekend games. It's a family affair, and expensive. All in the hopes of chasing that college scholarship.

Plus, if a college-aged daughter were to be playing summer ball, usually it's locally, and there is no way McD would fly to Atlanta to see that. Parents might fly to their daughter's college games occasionally, but not for recreational games in the summer--after all, they've already secured their college spots and are adults now. (The only college-aged summer softball teams that really travel (sometimes) are the Stratford Brakettes and a few others. And that is usually by car with their teammates, and within a day's drive.)

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.