Takeo Spikes Alternate Jersey

enoff

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't THINK they will use the white helmet.  It is an alternate JERSEY not helmet, IMHO.  I could be wrong and do think the white with standing buffalo would be very cool!

348800[/snapback]

Think about the Chargers and their alternate jersey's with the alternate helmets, or the Lions or any other team that wears throwbacks. Helmet and all gets re-done.

That being said, who wants to take bets that there is a small standing buffalo below the NFL logo on the front, (i know that wasn't there back in the day, but it could be damn cool).

I don't THINK they will use the white helmet.  It is an alternate JERSEY not helmet, IMHO.  I could be wrong and do think the white with standing buffalo would be very cool!

348800[/snapback]

Now that we've seen they'll be wearing the 60s-era jerseys, I think the white helmet is a lock. It would look overly stupid if they wore the current helmet with the throwback jersey. As someone else stated, look at teams like San Diego and even Denver and New England on Thanksgiving Day a few years back. They go all out, jersey, helmet, the whole nine yards. You'll see the white helmet with the red standing buffalo, guaranteed.

Now that we've seen they'll be wearing the 60s-era jerseys, I think the white helmet is a lock.  It would look overly stupid if they wore the current helmet with the throwback jersey.  As someone else stated, look at teams like San Diego and even Denver and New England on Thanksgiving Day a few years back.  They go all out, jersey, helmet, the whole nine yards.  You'll see the white helmet with the red standing buffalo, guaranteed.

348833[/snapback]

One can only hope. I wish they'd go back to that.

One can only hope. I wish they'd go back to that.

348834[/snapback]

Don't forget, the plan is to wear the new uniforms twice this season (once at the home opener and again on the road later). So if other teams get new helmets for single throwback games, I'm sure we can do it for the two games we're playing this year.

I really don't think it's too far-fetched to imagine these being so popular that they become the permanent look.

Not to be picyune...but didn't the '65 threads have the side numbers on the sleeve, not the shoulders?

348869[/snapback]

Most(all) players cut their sleeves and tape them to their shoulder pads. If the Bills put the numbers on the sleeves like the original, the players would cut off the stripes. :D

I really don't think it's too far-fetched to imagine these being so popular that they become the permanent look.

348851[/snapback]

unfortunately, it IS far-fetched. take the chargers, for example. the retro powder-blue jerseys and white helmets are universally preferred to the bolts' "modern" unis, but no permanent change has taken place despite the overwhelming support for the throwback design.

we'll get to enjoy these once or twice a year if we're lucky. that's it.