Best BBQ in St. Louis?

Rubes

Going there later this month and I get one chance to go out for some excellent BBQ. Looking for the expertise here to suggest a place that I shouldn't miss. Thanks!!

No idea if it's the best but a few years ago we were in St Louis and went to a place called Sugarfire Smoke House. Damn good BBQ everyone we were with raved about it. It's downtown walking distance to hotels and the convention center. Cafeteria style serve and sit and the place was packed, they close whenever they run out of meat for the day. 

• Like (+1) 1

I lived there for 4.5 years when I was in college but that was a while ago, no idea what's there now.

Their ribs are really good tho...

That being said the best BBQ on the planet is 4 hours west in KC.

Edited by Big Turk

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

I lived there for 4.5 years when I was in college but that was a while ago, no idea what's there now.

I have heard this too. Unfortunately, I must stay in St. Louis…

1 hour ago, QCity said:

No idea if it's the best but a few years ago we were in St Louis and went to a place called Sugarfire Smoke House. Damn good BBQ everyone we were with raved about it. It's downtown walking distance to hotels and the convention center. Cafeteria style serve and sit and the place was packed, they close whenever they run out of meat for the day. 

Nice, I’ll check it out!

4 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I went for a trip when the bills went last year 

All I ate was barbecue every meal… It was good but not the best I’ve ever had

8 hours ago, Rubes said:

I have heard this too. Unfortunately, I must stay in St. Louis…

Nice, I’ll check it out!

Make sure you get Imo's pizza. It's actually pretty good...I think they put cheese whiz in the sauce. Unfortunately thin crust lovers out there tho.

7 hours ago, Special K said:

You beat me to it....the only redeemable thing that comes from that crap-hole city!

KC is actually pretty cool...it's named Fountain City because they have the most fountains of any city in the world. 

Also have a super cool section of town that's a replica of Sevilla Spain because the developer lived there for a while and loved it so much he basically recreated it and it's almost indistinguishable from the original 

Edited by Big Turk

Not sure where you’re staying but these two are in the city: Pappy’s Smokehouse, Bogart’s Smokehouse

West county: Dalie’s smokehouse

Also while you’re here you should try:

St Louis style pizza (thin crust with provel cheese - Imo’s)

Frozen custard (Ted Drewes)

Toasted Ravioli

Gooey butter cake

St Paul sandwich

Slinger

Anheuser-Busch brewery tour 

Edited by Jukester

2 hours ago, Jukester said:

Not sure where you’re staying but these two are in the city: Pappy’s Smokehouse, Bogart’s Smokehouse

West county: Dalie’s smokehouse

Also while you’re here you should try:

St Louis style pizza (thin crust with provel cheese - Imo’s)

Frozen custard (Ted Drewes)

Toasted Ravioli

Gooey butter cake

St Paul sandwich

Slinger

Anheuser-Busch brewery tour 

Good stuff, thanks. I have read about Bogart's and I think it's fairly close to where we're staying, so I think I'll check it out.

Wife is from Peoria, IL, seems that gooey butter cake has made it up there...soooo good.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.