Buffalo News increasing the cost of their subscription to $28.99 per month

13 hours ago, Einstein said:

This is akin to the “cool kids” in class picking on the nerd because he was significantly more intelligent. Bullying doesn’t change as you grow older - it just appears in different forms.

Are you really an adult who is bringing up bullying on a football message board?  Really?  The same person who calls people fools on a regular basis.  There isn't a member on TBD history that has had more people argue against them and you're playing the victim?  

And no one actually believes you're significantly intelligent because you don't show it.  You constantly bringing up your "significantly" higher intelligence is only showing insecurity and makes the running joke continue.  No one who is a confident "superior" intelligent person constantly drops this many hints about their intelligence on the internet to a bunch of strangers. 

Conclusion...you're full of ****.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Are you really an adult who is bringing up bullying on a football message board?  Really?  The same person who calls people fools on a regular basis.  There isn't a member on TBD history that has had more people argue against them and you're playing the victim?  

And no one actually believes you're significantly intelligent because you don't show it.  You constantly bringing up your "significantly" higher intelligence is only showing insecurity and makes the running joke continue.  No one who is a confident "superior" intelligent person constantly drops this many hints about their intelligence on the internet to a bunch of strangers. 

Conclusion...you're full of ****.

we know exactly who he is as a person.  it's funny he describes this as the nerd getting picked on.  this is a bit different.  we all knew the kids in high school who went around drawing the worst kind of attention to themselves.  often demeaning, thinking something they're not, and really having poor interactions with others.  once people lash back, it couldn't possibly be their fault.  it's everyone against them.  the easiest thing to do in this world is cry victim, and that's exactly what this poster is now doing.  

On 7/8/2023 at 9:48 PM, Einstein said:

Making a mistake doesn’t make you a fool. But refusing to admit your mistakes, shows how foolish you are.

interesting you say this.  you made a mistake and very specifically called me out.  when i told you to go back and show me proof of what you were accusing me of, you couldn't because there wasn't any.  instead of admitting you were wrong, you've avoided me, haven't responded to the topic matter, and just have decided not to apologize.  what does that make you?

again, you're not the victim.  you create your own interactions.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/8/2023 at 10:29 AM, What a Tuel said:

It doesn't account for advances in production capability, and productivity that decreases cost though.

So yeah the inflated price is right but at the same time, how have their costs of production faired? They certainly didn't skyrocket, and would be amazed to find out they stayed the same.

I work for one of the biggest packaging companies in the US.  I support the mills so I don't have much knowledge of our printing division but now I'm curious to find out the labor and materials costs are.  They certainly haven't increased significantly in the last 7 years and I know many of our print facilities have upgraded new machinery.  They put in a new press at a facility about an hour from me...that one machine was about $30 million. 

I want to see if I can get some information.  

22 minutes ago, teef said:

interesting you say this.  you made a mistake and very specifically called me out.  when i told you to go back and show me proof of what you were accusing me of, you couldn't because there wasn't any.  instead of admitting you were wrong, you've avoided me, haven't responded to the topic matter, and just have decided not to apologize.  what does that make you?

again, you're not the victim.  you create your own interactions.

It's not worth it... I got off his merry-go-round arguments when I saw it wasn't going anywhere... he believes in a narrative and is sticking with it.

15 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

It's not worth it... I got off his merry-go-round arguments when I saw it wasn't going anywhere... he believes in a narrative and is sticking with it.

oh agreed.  i'm a causal observer at this point.  it's entertainment.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

And no one actually believes you're significantly intelligent because you don't show it. 

Yeah it's common for individuals with lesser intelligence to believe that those with greater intelligence are not believable. 

Dunning-kruger and Inverse snobbery.

No one who is a confident "superior" intelligent person constantly drops this many hints about their intelligence on the internet to a bunch of strangers. 

Tell us that you have never met any global CEO's without telling us. 

Edited by Einstein

53 minutes ago, teef said:

we know exactly who he is as a person.  it's funny he describes this as the nerd getting picked on.  this is a bit different.  we all knew the kids in high school who went around drawing the worst kind of attention to themselves.  often demeaning, thinking something they're not, and really having poor interactions with others.  once people lash back, it couldn't possibly be their fault.  it's everyone against them.  the easiest thing to do in this world is cry victim, and that's exactly what this poster is now doing.  

I noticed that part as well.  Ever since the tax return thread, he's been more aggressive towards posters.  He is getting tired of being picked on so he has to elevate his insecurities.  

50 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I work for one of the biggest packaging companies in the US.  They certainly haven't increased significantly in the last 7 years

They actually have increased.

A lot

Plastics being one exception since they can make resin from ethane feedstock.

12 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I noticed that part as well.  Ever since the tax return thread, he's been more aggressive towards posters.  He is getting tired of being picked on so he has to elevate his insecurities.  

at some point posters see through the nonsense.  in this case most figured him out quickly.  you know the guy has never run anything in his life.

remember the prophet on the bbmb.  he kinda reminds me of him.  that poster also tried to flex his insecurities, and often wanted to, "compare degrees."

12 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Yeah it's common for individuals with lesser intelligence to believe that those with greater intelligence are not believable. 

ahem. Excuse me for this rambling to come post. I will admit to not being the sharpest knife in the drawer......

If that was an earnest beginning what might the 2BD brethren think? meh she's insecure . It is a LAMP type post so I can either be witty and smart..or not. 

Now senor einstein comes into chat in a similar fashion but from the opposite direction: Im Mr IQ off the charts and Im richer and smarter  than you .  you immediately become under suspicion for allll the reasons posters have previously  stated.  For you it's like it's not brag if is indeed fact. right? WE GET IT.

If you haven't gathered I'm going to make it crystal clear and this comes from my heart AND My brain.

Einstein if you enjoy this kind of inane "quien es mas macho"  I'm this Im This I"M THIS the regular posters (who many DO have indeed high IQ's You are going to be tuned out.  Your intellect means nothing if noone wants to read you anymore.  Your schtick is wearing thin mate.

Perhaps a bit of humility could do you some good. You bring this discord upon yoursellf. It is a chat fraternity you have found yourself. There well may be folks with just as High an IQ ass yourself who don't like being talked down to.

LOL I typo'ed a** I'm leaving it in. Freudian slip? 

bickering bills bickering bills fans meh no thank you. 

m

14 minutes ago, teef said:

at some point posters see through the nonsense.  in this case most figured him out quickly.  you know the guy has never run anything in his life.

remember the prophet on the bbmb.  he kinda reminds me of him.  that poster also tried to flex his insecurities, and often wanted to, "compare degrees."

Just on this page, he flexed his "I'm a superior intelligence" statements twice.  It's like his a teen with a chip on his shoulder. 

I'm at this point just going to observe.  

6 minutes ago, muppy said:

ahem. Excuse me for this rambling to come post. I will admit to not being the sharpest knife in the drawer......

If that was an earnest beginning what might the 2BD brethren think? meh she's insecure . It is a LAMP type post so I can either be witty and smart..or not. 

Now senor einstein comes into chat in a similar fashion but from the opposite direction: Im Mr IQ off the charts and Im richer and smarter  than you .  you immediately become under suspicion for allll the reasons posters have previously  stated.  For you it's like it's not brag if is indeed fact. right? WE GET IT.

If you haven't gathered I'm going to make it crystal clear and this comes from my heart AND My brain.

Einstein if you enjoy this kind of inane "quien es mas macho"  I'm this Im This I"M THIS the regular posters (who many DO have indeed high IQ's You are going to be tuned out.  Your intellect means nothing if noone wants to read you anymore.  Your schtick is wearing thin mate.

Perhaps a bit of humility could do you some good. You bring this discord upon yoursellf. It is a chat fraternity you have found yourself. There well may be folks with just as High an IQ ass yourself who don't like being talked down to.

LOL I typo'ed a** I'm leaving it in. Freudian slip? 

bickering bills bickering bills fans meh no thank you. 

m

lol, thank you.

I quite enjoyed this post.

35 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Your assumption that you have greater intelligence is your downfall.

Global CEOs aren't worth meeting in my opinion... I'm much rather meet important people, like teachers or volunteers. 

34 minutes ago, Einstein said:

LOL what?  I've had beers with my companies former CEO who retired last year.  I've been at the dinner table with him after meetings.  

We are a $20+ billion global company.

My boss lives near his multi million dollar vacation home in Florida and they have hung out for like 10 years when he's down there. 

He participates in our March Madness Pools and comments on the threads that's created for it.  Even after retiring, he still partcipates.

He ate lunch in the buildings cafeteria.  

He's EXTREMEMLY humble and down to earth.  

GTFO with this stupid ****.

12 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Just on this page, he flexed his "I'm a superior intelligence" statements twice.  It's like his a teen with a chip on his shoulder. 

I'm at this point just going to observe.  

eh.  he needs if for some reason.  i think if he let the schtick go, he'd be a decent guy/poster.  he has decided not to take that route, so here we are.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

My boss lives near his multi million dollar vacation home in Florida and they have hung out for like 10 years when he's down there. 

What part of Florida? Your companies former CEO and I may be neighbors. I have a vacation home near the water in St Pete.

As far as humble goes, sure, there are all types. But that is the rare exception. I speak at conferences, have consulted, and am now the Presidoent of a company. The vast majority of executives are dreadfully arrogant. Far worse than I.

Edited by Einstein
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

In the interest of shifting the subject away from truly bizarre and cringe-y boasting about intelligence and back to the main subject of the thread (newspapers), I found this interesting: https://www.nytimes.com/2023/07/10/business/media/the-new-york-times-sports-department.html. The Athletic will be the NYT's actual sports section going forward now that the ages-old NYT sports section has been eliminated. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.