Question for "out of town" fans.....

Never been to a Bills game, only been to WNY three times in my life (1981, 1987, and 2004).

There is a small band of Bills fans in the Cleveland area (mostly Buffalo and WNY expatriates). I'm from Cleveland, and a formerly huge Browns fan, so it's inexplicable to my friends (and my wife :rolleyes: ) why I'm now a Bills fan.

I do hope to get up to Orchard Park for a game in the future...believe me, I wouldn't shut up about it beforehand, so everyone would know I was coming. :ph34r:

I've been to the RWS grounds...I certainly like it better than that character-less piece of concrete the Browns call home.

Mike

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It takes me anywhere between 6 and 7 hours to get to the Buffalo area when I make the trip up for games. I try to go to 2 or 3 a year. This is my 2nd year as a season ticket holder.

I think there's a lot of fans who make the trip from out of town. There's one who posts at BZ and now posts over here as well who lives in NC and he and his wife attend nearly EVERY home game, including preseason. Now, that's a hardcore Bills fan!

Formerly from WNY, I live in central VA and have been a season ticket holder (2 tix) for several years. I go to about 4-5 home games a year. We usually make an event of it when we choose to go and, being a season ticket holder, I will buy several extra tickets for specific games. We eat out, stay at hotels, etc., so we are doing our part in contributing to the WNY economy.

Originally from Buffalo, now live in Boston, surrounded by patsie fans.

I have season tickets (4 seats) to the Bills, and make it to at least 5 games per season.

I am a dedicated Bills fan, and will never change.

The last Bills home game I went to was December, '75 when they got beat by the Vikes. My last Bills game was here at the Metrodome, and the Bills returned the favor.

But the wife and I are coming home for the Fish game in October, after TD set up the backers tickets. She is from Iowa, and only knows college football, but is now a die hard Bills fan. It will be fun to be home again, and show her around my old stomping grounds, plus letting her see what real fans are all about, not like these lame ducks here in Minnesota.

the impact on the local economy would be very difficult to estimate IMO.  many of the costs associated with these trips are not "local" costs (i.e., plane fare).  i stay with friends when i go so i'm not renting a hotel room, although my dad does -- now.  in prior years he would drive from NJ to orchard park on sunday morning and drive home that night (thank god he doesn't do that any more).

348404[/snapback]

I used to do the same, drive to the game, and drive right back. Those were in my younger years, now I stay over in a hotel, go out to eat at local resturants and take the wife and kids shopping , so it has to have some kind of impact on the local economy I hope.

Go to at least one game a year - my brother and I have a tradition of getting tickets to the home game closest to the first week of Oct. and fly up with our families (me from NC, he from Fla) to take my Dad as a birthday present. Got our tix already for Miami. Usually am in Buffalo for Xmas holiday - if there is a home game when we are there sometimes will try to go to that too.

I'm going to do what I can to make it to all 10+ games this year (preseason + regular season + playoffs :D)...

sure, it'll be expensive and exhausting, but i'm single and might never get the opportunity again. besides, my reasoning all along to get the tickets is that my dad turned 65 this year and isn't getting any younger...this "quality time" stuff needs to be planned and accomplished asap.

I left WNY in 1977 and I get back for one or sometimes two games in most years- we've picked two road games this season though since I enjoy contributing to the debaucherous city tills of New Orleans and Tijuana alike.

It's about a three day run if you drive straight-through from SoCal so I have always opted for a trip into Buf International, even back in the days they'd drop me off in a snowstorm on the tarmac 400 feet from the terminal with about 20 feet of visibility and no one or device to guide you. The first time that happened I was coming from Miami and wearing shorts and a tee shirt. It didn't happen again ;-)

I had season tickets from 1986 through 1995. I moved in the spring of 1996 but still make it back for the home opener every year plus usually one other game. I already have my (10) tickets for the opener this year but since my wife and I are expecting our second child in late September, I don't think I'm going to make it back up for another game besides that one.

Western New York is a great community for the most part but I just don't think I could live there, and probably not work there any more. It's a nice place to visit for a weekend though.

Have been sharing seasons with my Dad for several years, I have been in Long Island since 82, get up there at least for the opener and usually 2 others per year. Most I have done is 6 in one year. Jet Blue is a big help!

I had season tickets from 1986 through 1995. I moved in the spring of 1996 but still make it back for the home opener every year plus usually one other game. I already have my (10) tickets for the opener this year but since my wife and I are expecting our second child in late September, I don't think I'm going to make it back up for another game besides that one.

Western New York is a great community for the most part but I just don't think I could live there, and probably not work there any more. It's a nice place to visit for a weekend though.

349143[/snapback]

I was up every weekend from Cleveland last year and went to Cinci (from Rochester not Cleveland). This year I will be coming up for at least 4 games from NC as well as heading to the Jets away game I think.

Four seat season ticket holder since 1964. Moved to FL in 1980 but my kids/grandkids use them now. I do try to make at least one game a year, but have missed the last two. However this year will get up there for one regular game and WILL BE THERE FOR ONE OF THE PLAYOFF GAMES!!!!