Is there anything considered very Buffalo you don’t embrace?

Another Fan

5 minutes ago, boater said:

Disagree.

Buffalo pizza hits the sweet spot in dough/crust thickness. It isn't a freaking casserole like a Chicago pizza. And it isn't limp paper thin like a NYC pizza. It's in between the two. And the wretched thin sliced substance out-of-towners call pepperoni.. gag me.

Chicago is NOT just deep dish or stuffed. 

Chicago pizza is predominantly cracker crust cut "tavern style."

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

On 6/5/2023 at 6:47 PM, Jrb1979 said:

Darien Lake is one to the worst parks in ehr US. 

Beers like Bud, Genny, Blue and Molson I'd overrated. 

I've lived around the US. Darien Lake has a nice clientele compared to other mega-parks. Other parks I have been to are filled with gangsta types.

Except for Hershey Park. Hershey Park is da bomb.

2 hours ago, boater said:

I've lived around the US. Darien Lake has a nice clientele compared to other mega-parks. Other parks I have been to are filled with gangsta types.

I wasn't talking about clientele but the park itself. Go to Cedar Point, Kings Island, Hershey or Carowinds and you see the major difference. I blame a lot of the issues on attendance.  Unless there's a concert the park is dead. 

11 hours ago, boater said:

I've seen a lot of wanna be gangsta's at Darien Lake 

12 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

I wasn't talking about clientele but the park itself. Go to Cedar Point, Kings Island, Hershey or Carowinds and you see the major difference. I blame a lot of the issues on attendance.  Unless there's a concert the park is dead. 

The attendance issues can be partially attributed to the park itself. It’s not a great value, as the park hasn’t received any useful updates in years. The place just doesn’t look like a modern amusement park. That works with smaller parks, but Darien Lake sells itself as the big fish in WNY. There’s too many better options in neighboring states to draw anyone there. They don’t even have a modern roller coaster in the park, while other parks are building new attractions with modern technology, Darien’s coasters were built in the 80’s and 90’s. 

1 hour ago, SirAndrew said:

The attendance issues can be partially attributed to the park itself. It’s not a great value, as the park hasn’t received any useful updates in years. The place just doesn’t look like a modern amusement park. That works with smaller parks, but Darien Lake sells itself as the big fish in WNY. There’s too many better options in neighboring states to draw anyone there. They don’t even have a modern roller coaster in the park, while other parks are building new attractions with modern technology, Darien’s coasters were built in the 80’s and 90’s. 

They did add Tantrum about 4 years ago.  I do like what they are doing with the former Fantasy Island. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.