Is there anything considered very Buffalo you don’t embrace?

Another Fan

On 6/2/2023 at 4:23 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Labatt blue

I like this beer. It is ordered en masse for the san diego billsbackers club bar.  Bucket specials. It tastes like WNY to me.  But I only drink it there at the venue.

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/4/2023 at 3:59 PM, davefan66 said:

Thats why they call Genny Cream “Screamers”.

ading @That's No Moon and @Rico

Mens journal sure does love the Screamers

look at #32....GREATEST BEERS IN THE WORLD!!!!!!

https://www.mensjournal.com/food-drink/the-50-greatest-beers-in-the-world#gid=ci02c0a4d5a0002755&pid=32-cream-ale

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Vomit 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Remember when OV splits were cool?  I could never see the attraction, but you were 'hot stuff' if you and your cohorts bought a case of these for quaffing down in the back room at Gabel's. 🤔

I loved those things! Never had to worry about it getting warm on you, and I even liked the beer. Used to have those in the basement by the pool table…..when I was like 16/17 years old. Different times. 

Little Kings splits in college, much less love. Guaranteed hangover with a nasty headache! 

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Remember when OV splits were cool?  I could never see the attraction, but you were 'hot stuff' if you and your cohorts bought a case of these for quaffing down in the back room at Gabel's. 🤔

Drinking 30 bottles seems dumb compared to drinking 15 bottles because 30 beers is too many.

• Haha (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Drinking 30 bottles seems dumb compared to drinking 15 bottles because 30 beers is too many.

I remember those buckets of splits at Gabels.  I went to UB.  Wasn't that over by Buff State?  I generally went to PJ's Third Base, and occasionally Rude Boys. Also frequented Cassidy's (Freddie's Special!) unit it was gone.  Not sure if it closed or burned down or what.   Personally, I don't get the 16oz cans, especially in summer.  Always get too warm before you finish.  

Gabels is still there on Hertel.Was down the street from The original Mighty Taco (50 years old yhis year). The synagogue that you used to eat your tacos on the steps at night is now a "department store"  called The Monocle, containing, a furniture store, a barbershop, a fragrance/body care shop, a tea shop, and a community area.

On 6/5/2023 at 9:33 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

My Italian MiL adds sugar to her sauce. I am not crazy for it but pretend to love it. Wife taught me how to pull that off! She actually dislikes it more than me... lol...

I personally don’t care for it either. I’ll take a buffalo style pizza any day.

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Westside said:

I personally don’t care for it either. I’ll take a buffalo style pizza any day.

90% of Buffalo pizzeria house sauces are sweet sauces 

https://www.visitbuffaloniagara.com/crawl/pizza/

https://www.pmq.com/buffalo-style-pizza/

https://www.thedailybeast.com/is-americas-pizza-capital-buffalo-new-york

it’s part of the style 

Others offer a traditional sauce if asked but sweet to semi sweet is part of the Buffalo style with Margherita pepperoni 

the spicy pep and sweet sauce are the kicker in Buffalo pizza

Edited by Buffalo716

On 6/6/2023 at 9:19 AM, muppy said:

I like this beer. It is ordered en masse for the san diego billsbackers club bar.  Bucket specials. It tastes like WNY to me.  But I only drink it there at the venue.

For some reason my local Publix store carries Blue. I'll keep buying it till they stop carrying it.

On 6/6/2023 at 3:23 PM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Purchased many of these cases at Brick Bar back in the day. Oh college was so fun.

I'll be back "home" in late June early July, I will get most of things mentioned in these pages:

Oh the pizza, probably Blasdell and or Bella.

Mighty of course,

Great wings just about anywhere.

Multiple BOW.

Italian probably Mulberry's and Ilio's

Hope to make taste of Buffalo as well.

Oh no one ever mentioned Logan berry, cant find this anywhere.... I'll be sure to have some of that sweet drink.

For those of you that still live in WNY, you don't know what you have till you move.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/6/2023 at 3:23 PM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Oh, so you were the guy sneering over the brim of your Genny at us?

• Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Guffalo said:

Oh, so you were the guy sneering over the brim of your Genny at us?

Golson Molden. 😁  Even if most of the Golden in the US was already skunky.

OV was the official beer of Saturday night - Bay Beach beer bashes.  Pay $3 at the door, drink until the police came in around midnight and shut the party down.

On 6/4/2023 at 4:55 PM, plenzmd1 said:

Little humble brag by my boy Augie!!!!! Buffalo style pizza, all of it, sucks..plain and simple

Disagree.

Buffalo pizza hits the sweet spot in dough/crust thickness. It isn't a freaking casserole like a Chicago pizza. And it isn't limp paper thin like a NYC pizza. It's in between the two. And the wretched thin sliced substance out-of-towners call pepperoni.. gag me.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.