Need your opinion...pls no flaming!!!

He's right, though.  Don't europeans pay thousands to get a drivers license? As a full-blooded american, I'll tell you that I believe that hauling ass down US66 @ 75MPH is my god given birth right!

347287[/snapback]

i remember a german exchange student when i was a senior in high school. she told me how difficult it was to get a drivers license over there. so she had her host father teach her to drive, got a Pennsylvania drivers license, and had it transfered when she went home

i used to call her ava braun. :lol: funny thing is i had to explain to her who ava braun was :)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hate to play the devil's advocate..(....ummm...no wait....no i don't...i love it actually.)

if they were driving 55 in a 55mph zone....tell me again how you were "legally" passing them going 60?

347292[/snapback]

The thing I'm having trouble believing about the story is that a bunch of teens/twenty year-olds were actually aware of and driving the speed limit.

Yes I did get angry and fipped them off a few times but only after they tried to get me killed on the road by being childish. What should I have done differently?

Thanks for your feedback :lol:

347201[/snapback]

You need to realize that you will get to your destination 10 minutes later -

and alive ! :)

Get a rifle and blow out one of their back tires.

i'm serious!

347317[/snapback]

No. The correct answer is to flash random gang hand signals at them, this should scare them into pulling over and letting you pass.

I always thought you were smarter than to promote violence - (even in LA)

347318[/snapback]

Nah, being nice doesn't work with punk teenagers. I once bumped this kid who was walking in the middle of my lane in a small neighborhood expecting me to swerve my car out of his way for his convenience. This was after honking the horn a couple times.

I'm just going by what HelloNewman said in his post. The kids were playing games with him, and apparently thought it was funny. It would have probably been hilarious to them had a vehicle came on and hit HN head on. A little attitude adjustment wouldn't have hurt.

No. The correct answer is to flash random gang hand signals at them, this should scare them into pulling over and letting you pass.

347322[/snapback]

:)

reminds me of about a year ago when i was crawling along the on ramp to go into the downtown tunnel in norfolk. a piece of stojan starts driving up along the median and passes everyone, including a portsmouth city cop, who chirps his siren. but the PoS keeps going and cuts someone off, giving them a gang hand sign. when they reach the final merge before the tunnel, there is a virginia state trooper standing watching traffic. he points at them to pull over. and of course they don't. the lights go red and traffic stops

when i finally get out of the tunnel, i see the PoS along side the road with a portsmouth police car, a couple norfolk police cars, a virginia trooper car, a tow truck, and a couple unmarkeds with lights flashing :lol:

:)

reminds me of about a year ago when i was crawling along the on ramp to go into the downtown tunnel in norfolk.  a piece of stojan starts driving up along the median and passes everyone, including a portsmouth city cop, who chirps his siren.  but the PoS keeps going and cuts someone off, giving them a gang hand sign.  when they reach the final merge before the tunnel, there is a virginia state trooper standing watching traffic.  he points at them to pull over.  and of course they don't.  the lights go red and traffic stops

when i finally get out of the tunnel, i see the PoS along side the road with a portsmouth police car, a couple norfolk police cars, a virginia trooper car, a tow truck, and a couple unmarkeds with lights flashing :lol:

347324[/snapback]

:P

that's great!

He's right, though.  Don't europeans pay thousands to get a drivers license? As a full-blooded american, I'll tell you that I believe that hauling ass down US66 @ 75MPH is my god given birth right!

Now, as to these ass clowns?  I have some stupid redneck in a beat up old truck (see the other driving thread) blow past me once a day, usually on a double yellow. It used to fire me up.  I've learned to simply realize that not only is he passing me, he's probably eating dinner on my tab! :)

-Jeff

347287[/snapback]

$2000 for a Europeon driver license I was told

First time shame on them, second time shame on you. If you try to pet a dog and he snaps at you, why in the heck would you try to pet him again. The first time he endangered you, the 2nd time you endangered yourself.

If you cant get past a POS van, I would reccomend not trying to pass people on your moped.

Piece of advice for next time... I used to drive a bronco II which had trouble passing at highway speeds.... what you do is drop back about 100 ft. You shift out of over drive or into D3, whichever you have. You then floor it while 100 ft back and get a running start on the guys in front of you. It'll work on most cars except for your fast cars 200hp and up. Basically leave room behind you and the car you want to pass to gain speed to accelerate. I personally would have been extremely pissed being in your situation as well. This type of thing was one of the reasons i sprung for a good quick car, tends to be a common occurrence.

Nah, being nice doesn't work with punk teenagers. I once bumped this kid who was walking in the middle of my lane in a small neighborhood expecting me to swerve my car out of his way for his convenience. This was after honking the horn a couple times.

I'm just going by what HelloNewman said in his post. The kids were playing games with him, and apparently thought it was funny. It would have probably been hilarious to them had a vehicle came on and hit HN head on. A little attitude adjustment wouldn't have hurt.

347323[/snapback]

Don't get me wrong, I'm an agressive driver msyelf, however, the kid crossing the street has the right of way no matter how he crosses the street, even if he crawls, secondly the car in front of you always has right of way... But I agree... in your next purchase consider horsepower

You gave them what they wanted. They wanted to piss you off, and they did. You lost. The best thing you could have done would be laugh. In the grand scheme of things, this is a trivial matter. Treat it as such.

What should I have done differently? 

A properly executed PIT manuever on a high center-of-gravity vehicle such as described at 55mph should result in the target vehicle rolling over repeatedly. Or, you could back off, relax and drive the speed limit.

This part is just weird:

A coven of twenty-year-olds, testosterone intact, going the speed limit.

This part is normal:

A Waller tries to pass them.

Twenty-year-olds, testosterone still intact, speed up because that's how this PS2-suckled species entertains itself.

This part is weird:

The Waller tries to pass them again, doing the same thing but expecting different results.

This part is normal:

Twenty-year-olds, testosterone still intact, speed up because they are still entertained.

This part is weird:

The Waller thinks this is odd behavior coming from twenty-year-olds.

You know what really pisses me off.  When you're going 60 in a 55 and somebody decides to pass you. Once they get in front of you they slow down to 50mph.  WTF are these idiots thinking.

347429[/snapback]

See, that's just stupid. What really gets me is when the guy in front of me is going 54.8 in a 55, and the guy behind me passes ME in attempt to stone-skip his way to a speed limit ride.

Honestly, all of these moronic inch-ahead games are simply ridiculous. That extra speed on a two lane road really buys you nothing except for stopping order at the next red light.

-Jeff