NYSE halts trading of Audacy stock (WGRs owner)

PromoTheRobot

20 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

I cant imagine how much they are paying Schopp and Bulldog.  As someone who actually defends Mike Schopp, but has no idea what Bulldog brings to the table, those guys should be easy-cuts.  

I don't believe I have ever witnessed someone retaining a job, yet going through the motions for as many years as Bulldog has.  He doesn't contribute anything of quality, puts little effort in, and clearly doesnt care. 

As far as Schopp goes... his who act is pretty stale, and honestly the constant fantasy and gambling talk is boring.

They could replace them with any of those younger, hungrier, and most importantly cheaper kids and their station would be enriched for it. 

Also, hasn't Bulldog been doing his half of the show from his Crystal Beach cottage since COVID? 

16 hours ago, boyst said:

FM radio is nothing but Jesus and salsa. All Christian or Hispanic/Latin. 

The group that bought Star 102.5, EMF (Educational Media Foundation) is on a mission to cover the entire country with both of their contemporary Christian music formats, K-Love and Air-1. They have nearly unlimited funds and are the only radio company actively acquiring stations. When you have mega-corps like IHeart and Audacy hemorrhaging red ink, it's easy to swoop in and pick off some nice heritage signals. (Star 102.5 is grandfathered at 110,000 watts and easily reaches Toronto.)

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Also, hasn't Bulldog been doing his half of the show from his Crystal Beach cottage since COVID? 

I know a few years back he rented in the Beach for at least a month; I have no idea if he is now doing it on a more regular basis.  I thought it was his Buffalo home the remote was configured from after Covid hit.

5 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

fueledbyJesuschipsandsalsaheatherclay_80

Yes, but in an Hispanic culture, 'Jesus' is not necessarily that  Jesus. 🤔

Yeah, I don't think Bulldog has stepped foot in the studio for more than 3 years.

I do like to listen to the younger guys.  They aren't afraid (and are capable of) veering into basketball, soccer, wrestling, generally anything outside of buffalo which is refreshing when you dedicate 15 hours a day to 2 teams.  

I do appreciate schopp's show me proof approach.  Nothing is worse than hearing Tom from cheektowaga's baseless trade proposal.  But the gambling/fantasy stuff is too much.  He and Bulldog are very stale.  

Edited by May Day 10
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.