Durham Report Released. FBI Is Corrupt. Dems Lie. Water Is Wet.

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

The DOJ and the FBI are not your enemy
If you’re seeing more right wingers go to jail, it’s because they’re doing worse crimes

I'm capable of expressing that sentiment if that was my feeling, John.  Your problem here is a limitation of creative thought and application of historical perspective.  See, you seem to think that because I don't outright dismiss Durham as a right wing loon, you know how what I think and feel generally.  The FBI is an incredible organization that when appropriately managed and directed, is a gift to all Americans.  The DOJ falls into the same category.  Neither should be wholesale dismissed, nor wholesale embraced.  

That does not mean I have to hit my knees and pledge unquestioned fealty to either organization.  Blind trust in any organization is foolish, John, and binary choices that boil down to "FBI Awesome Always!" and "FBI Enemy" is pure silliness.   

FBI...DOJ...were they the heroes of the MLK/NAACP surveillance story?  Waco, Texas? Ruby Ridge? Whitey Bulger?   J Edgar Hoover?    The Durham investigation is simply an extension of an age-old dilemma. 

Donald Trump had no problem with weaponization the DOJ whenever he was president

As I said above, you simply prefer different boogeymen.  

I want to be clear here I am not a leftist. I am an independent couldn’t stand. Hillary Clinton didn’t agree with what she did but I’m also not a conspiracy theorist and there’s way too much of that going on around here.

No declarations of loyalty or independence are necessary with me.  You don't sound at all independent to me, but I view the world through my prism, not yours.  Btw the second weakest insult on the planet today is to label someone a 'conspiracy theorist'.  It's right behind declaring someone  a member of a 'cult'. 

I will forever be a never Trumper because aside from just being an #######, he was just a bad president

This is your right as an American, John, and I completely understand that.  I don't think I'm the closed-minded one here though. 

• Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

Being called a Nazi or KKK member is worse than being called *****.

Cmon Republicans and commentators on the right..have some decorum!

Take your decorum and shove it where the sun don't shine shitlibs.

Bongino doesn't care and shouldn't care about calling liberals any derogatory name he sees fit. He's an activist and anti-communist, he admits it often and therefore gives zero ***** about what anyone on the left has to say about his approach. And he shouldn't. 

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Bongino doesn't care and shouldn't care about calling liberals any derogatory name he sees fit. He's an activist and anti-communist, he admits it often and therefore gives zero ***** about what anyone on the left has to say about his approach. And he shouldn't. 

Yes, I do believe that we should expect a certain amount of decorum when talking about other people, Bongino can certainly get his point across without using that language

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

That does not mean I have to hit my knees and pledge unquestioned fealty to either organization.  Blind trust in any organization is foolish, John, and binary choices that boil down to "FBI Awesome Always!" and "FBI Enemy" is pure silliness.   

now this is truly a straw man.  who is arguing that the FBI should be knelt to and fealty pledged?

41 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Did someone mention closed minded?  America needs people like you running things like we need a hole in the head.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

now this is truly a straw man.  who is arguing that the FBI should be knelt to and fealty pledged?

Two things:

The straw man argument, if one chooses to pursue said argument, would actually be John's argument that because I disagree with him, I see the FBI and DOJ as "the enemy".  

Please remind me to tell John that "straw man" while not an insult per se, falls to number three on the list behind cult and conspiracy theorist. 

Have a blessed day.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Two things:

The straw man argument, if one chooses to pursue said argument, would actually be John's argument that because I disagree with him, I see the FBI and DOJ as "the enemy".  

Please remind me to tell John that "straw man" while not an insult per se, falls to number three on the list behind cult and conspiracy theorist. 

Have a blessed day.

except that there are many MAGA's who openly see the FBI and DOJ as enemies...See the difference?  in this case, it is binary.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

except that there are many MAGA's who openly see the FBI and DOJ as enemies...See the difference?  in this case, it is binary.

There are many people from all walks that have huge issues with this countries policing and courts.  From federal to state and local. 

Defund police? Large part of the 1619 project, attacking the supreme court.  Nominating a judge who spend the last 5 years reforming the justice/bail system. 

Edited by Chris farley

4 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Including most of the lefts base.  Until talking about taking out the political opposition. 

I'm very confident that if the rules are followed and enforced as intended, there will never be another R prez.  At least til it reverts to some measure of rationality.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

If the straw man could actually speak, he would spout this sort of gibberish. 

John stated the following:  The DOJ and the FBI are not your enemy. 

Had John suggested that 'many MAGAs' view the FBI and DOJ as enemies, my response likely would have been different, but that's all conjecture at this point.  

Don't forget to remind me to tell John about the straw man thing.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Citizens (generally MAGA, libertarians, old school liberals) have concluded those agencies have transformed from law enforcement organizations into a personal protection operation for the political class and their supporters.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

If the straw man could actually speak, he would spout this sort of gibberish. 

John stated the following:  The DOJ and the FBI are not your enemy. 

Had John suggested that 'many MAGAs' view the FBI and DOJ as enemies, my response likely would have been different, but that's all conjecture at this point.  

Don't forget to remind me to tell John about the straw man thing.  

Now this is truly deflection.  Was your statement about praying to the FBI a straw man or not?

1 minute ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Citizens (generally MAGA, libertarians, old school liberals) have concluded those agencies have transformed from law enforcement organizations into a personal protection operation for the political class and their supporters.

And they are absolutely 100% without question correct in that assessment. 

Leftist useful idiots will deny it to their last breath.

So where does that leave us?

There's blind spots that we all have as part of the human condition and then there's purposely distorting and denying reality like we have with today's left/marxists/useful idiots.

Some may want to take the high road and continue attempting to engage in reasonable discussions with broken and unreasonable people. More power to those who feel that way, but for me that ship sailed long ago.

***** every last one of these useful idiots.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

And they are absolutely 100% without question correct in that assessment. 

Leftist useful idiots will deny it to their last breath.

So where does that leave us?

There's blind spots that we all have as part of the human condition and then there's purposely distorting and denying reality like we have with today's left/marxists/useful idiots.

Some may want to take the high road and continue attempting to engage in reasonable discussions with broken and unreasonable people. More power to those who feel that way, but for me that ship sailed long ago.

***** every last one of these useful idiots.

The thing the useful idiots don't understand is that when push comes to shove that protection racket does not extend to them any more than it does to the people that openly denounce it. 

• Thank you (+1) 3

30 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Two things:

Have a blessed day.

OK so here’s an interesting test. What would be your description of someone that is in a cult

1 minute ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

The thing the useful idiots don't understand is that when push comes to shove that protection racket does not extend to them any more than it does to the people that openly denounce it. 

Whoever said that it did

What some of us believe is, we do need law and order we can’t just start attacking the law because it doesn’t agree with us per se

When Kyle Rittenhouse got off, I considered him a murderer but the legal system acquitted him. I didn’t cry about it even though I didn’t like it I just considered it. The legal system ran its course and found him innocent.

You all believe that any time the legal system does something you don’t like then they are evil, and under the firm of the Democratic Party which I find kind of ironic, because the DOJ is filled with Republicans

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1