Bills sign Latavius Murray to a one-year deal

Roundybout

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I loved the change of pace early in the game.

Throw a bunch of short, outside passes to get the defense running sideline to sideline. Then when they are winded punch them in the gut with Murray up the middle a few times. Then let Cook hit those outside edges for big gains.

Great to see Murray and Harris taking over for Josh as our power runner. And loved we executed those QB sneaks with the exact ease we should.

Same.

Murray is my preferred RB2 💯 

He’s a threat running north south and brings the battering ram style that he haven’t had since the great Mike Tolbert.

He’s a great addition. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Great job. Now you’re going to have to read a 373 paragraph novel defending this poor take.  Pick your battles.  They aren’t worth the time.  😜 

The number of people that thrive on slamming others ... 

Makes more of a statement about the ones doing that than anything else.  

Why not simply relish an all but perfect game in its aftermath.  

LOL  ...  People are funny.  

And what, when Murray has 200 rushing yards and a pair of TDs at year's end, that's going to be called "significant?"  

Well, OK.  

31 yards from scrimmage in a singular game against one of the easier Ds we'll face all season, in our home opener, which was a rout, doesn't exactly make me change my mind.  :) 

It shouldn't do much for you either.  

5 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

LOL, ahhh, let him have his fun.  Honestly tho, crowing ovet a 6 carry for 22 yards performance, and 2 more catches for 9 yards, against an bottom defense though?   31 yards-from-scrimmage.  

I still say that he adds nothing significant.  Any number of dime-a-dozen RBs would have had a great game yesterday.  Our offense was fantastic.  

Cook on the other hand ... 

No complaints on any aspects of the game.  No team is perfect on any given Sunday, I'd be thrilled with that offensive performance every week.  

If people need to validate themselves by proving others wrong in isolated instances, hey, great.  Whatever makes 'em happy.  I'll play the part for that.  LOL  

I don't agree with your assessment of Murray at all...but he is paid like a dime a dozen guy so what is your beef?  He brings size they dont have and he still seems productive.   Dont give me any stats in two games, its not enough sample size to talk about YPC.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Nice callout.......Im sure 100% of your takes hit perfectly.

And BTW, think about how much time some of them spend chasing down the posts of others.  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

Again, whatever makes 'em happy.  I'll play the villain if it does.   :)  

1 minute ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I don't agree with your assessment of Murray at all...but he is paid like a dime a dozen guy so what is your beef?  He brings size they dont have and he still seems productive.   Dont give me any stats in two games, its not enough sample size to talk about YPC.

He's fine.  Gotta keep the statements in context however.  

Go look at the overreactions to his signing.  

Again, if at the end of the season he has two or three hundred rushing yards and two or three TDs, I don't think anyone's going to be matching those claims much less suggesting that he was an indispensible part of the offense.  If he weren't on the field yesterday it wouldn't have changed much in terms of the outcome.  Someone else would scored on that or the next two plays.  

He's a backup, that's all.  That's all he's going to be all season.  The D we played was not good, they sucked last season.  

He's got 48 YFS to date.  If he were to average that every two games he'll post about 400 YFS by season's end.  I doubt he'll even do that.  He's averaging 3.8 YPC on the season, which is low-end.  Granted, only two games.  

Either way, our offense, and therefore our team, is going to go as our offense goes, and the biggest contributing factors there are going to be the OL, which has been much better than the preseason rankings generally speaking, Diggs, Davis (who's on pace for 1,000), Kincaid, Knox, and Cook/Harris.  Allen of course too but that goes w/o saying.   

Reacting/over-reacting like this on a week-to-week basis is not good analysis on the season.  LOL  

At the end of the day, Murray's a fine backup, but a backup nonetheless.  Based on his age, almost 34, and his career 4.2 YPC history, which isn't likely to increase much at this point, his utility is limited.  If Cook and Harris were to go down, we'd be looking for a replacement, he wouldn't cut it.  There's very little NFL history to suggest otherwise. 

I used to like Murray a lot when he was on the Raiders.  But at 34 his role is clearly as a backup/role-playing RB.  That's not to say he won't make an exceptional play now and then, most players do.  Framing them in a singular or all but singular manner, ... LOL  

And who knows, for those looking for others to be wrong, hey, I could be.  But when he offers something significant over Cook/Harris in games against the better Ds that we face, then and only then will that be the case.  Who knows, maybe he'll dig up the stamina to post 1,000 yard 5.6 YPC rushing season if Cook goes down.  

At the end of the day, I don't care if people are happy if someone else is wrong.  I personally don't validate myself and derive any self-esteem from proving others wrong even if they are.  I also don't mind if people do that at my seeming expense.  My opinions on Murray have not wavered.  If people misunderstand them, that's on them, I don't care.  :)  

Also, as I said before the game in predicting this type of offensive performance for us, on D the Jets were brutal in their season/home opener, the Raiders easy in our home-opener.  The truth as to how good our O is, and the individual players on it, will lie in how well we play the tougher defenses like Miami, NE, and Jax in the upcoming weeks.  The schedule obviously gets tougher in the second half of the season.  

I suspect that our offense continues to improve, but no, I also don't anticipate Murray being an essential part of that improvement.  As stated, how good our O ultimately is will come down to Allen/Diggs/Davis/Kincaid/Knox and Cook/Harris, and our OL in particular. 

Arguably the biggest positive generally speaking, to me anyway, is the high snap counts of our OL again.  While not 100% across the board, both Brown, who played well, and Torrence were both at 100%, which is incredibly encouraging.  

Morse at 92%, and Dawkins and McGovern both at 95% is a fantastic sign as well.  I wasn't really paying attention to the OL substitutions yesterday, but I'm gussing that Van Demark, Bates and Edwards all came in towards the end of the game to spell our seniors.  LOL  

Washington shouldn't be too bad next week.  The Miami game after that should reveal more as to what this team is all about.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

• 2 months later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.