Dawand Jones OT Ohio State

Big Blitz

15 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Was there concern about his weight being 400+ or was that another prospect?

It's him...He refused to weigh in at the OSU Pro Day which apparently (according to Rick Spielman) is unheard of, even if the player is not working out. He also quit drills during his Pro Day, and I think only practiced one day at the Sr. Bowl...There are some pretty big (no pun intended) questions on him right now and I doubt the Bills are very interested. Not their kind of off-the-field guy. B-)

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

It's him...He refused to weigh in at the OSU Pro Day which apparently (according to Rick Spielman) is unheard of, even if the player is not working out. He also quit drills during his Pro Day, and I think only practiced one day at the Sr. Bowl...There are some pretty big (no pun intended) questions on him right now and I doubt the Bills are very interested. Not their kind of off-the-field guy. B-)

Yep no thanks

17 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I need you need them but 1st round o linemen picks are 😴 

True, its a snooze, BUT, five years of protecting the Franchise QB…, that has a lot of appeal,

19 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Wasn’t it rumored he was playing through a bad ankle injury or something? Doesn’t make sense how he fell off from a solid rookie season

He wasn't solid as a rookie. He was terribly inconsistent just as he was in 2022.  

The issue/excuse people cite is his back surgery and little off-season to train while recovering. 

At best Brown is a massive question mark for 2023.  If he can play better he is a cheap starter, that seems capable in the run game and a liability in pass protection that Allen can at least see coming.  

I truly hope OT is taken in the first three rounds.

That all said, I'm equally worried about Dawkins. He regressed terribly last year.  If they take a capable LT in the first round I would not be shocked to see Dawkins gone in 2024. Or moved to LG in 2024 with the McGovern guy or Bates maybe moving to Center if Morse retires. 

I watch nearly every tOSU game. The kid is massive and has talent, but I didn’t always love what I saw from him on the field. The potential for a very high ceiling is there, but I hate drafting early on potential. Drafting him on day 2 has a lot more appeal than on day 1. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.