My Monte Hall - “let’s make a deal” mock draft

Desert Bills Fan

So I have done a couple iterations of mock drafts on Profootballnetworks. This one I thought was a great result, what do you think?

round 1 - trade down with KC from 27 to 31 and get 95 too. This was an offer from the sim, so I took it.

round 2a -pick 38  LB Drew Sanders. After a trade down with Raiders from 31 plus 137 for 38 plus 70. With pick 38 - This put me in about the right place to pick him. I like the value here, was why I wanted to trade down out of Rd 1. I think he fits what the Bills are looking for.

Round 2b - pick 58 OT Cody Mauch. Help for the OL. Our new RT. Another guy I targeted, that I wanted to maneuver and get him at right value.

Round 3a - pick 70 (from Raiders): WR Kayshon Boutte. Our new WR 2. Unless Gabe shines and Pushes him into the #3 spot! Was looking for a WR somewhere in the first 3 rounds. Too good to pass up at this spot.

Round 3b - pick 91: CB Taylon Jones. Getting more youth/ skill for CB position. White is not getting any younger. Was keeping an eye for CB or Edge as areas where a good opportunity would cause me to pull the trigger. This was it,

Round 3c - pick 95 (from KC): OC Ricky Stromberg. this is a guy I targeted and wanted to get in Rd 3.

Round 4a - pick 130: TE Jack Kuntz - another weapon for Josh and I like him at this spot, with previous needs being filled. Though about a second WR pick here but that room is full of B grade talent already.

Round 4b- pick 144 OG Draeden Daniels. ( after trading pick 205 plus CB Taron Jackson, who becomes odd man out). I thought about drafting another OC and playing them at Guard, but couldn’t find the right fit to do that. So chose Daniels. More competition for Interior OL.

and that is it. Ended up with 7 picks but nothing after round 4. I think with as much talent is on the team already this is a good approach. Lower round picks won’t have any better chance at making an impact than the post draft vet minimum guys or undrafted guys.

it was fun and hope you enjoy the wheeling and dealing of this one.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Desert Bills Fan said:

So I have done a couple iterations of mock drafts on Profootballnetworks. This one I thought was a great result, what do you think?

round 1 - trade down with KC from 27 to 31 and get 95 too. This was an offer from the sim, so I took it.

round 2a -pick 38  LB Drew Sanders. After a trade down with Raiders from 31 plus 137 for 38 plus 70. With pick 38 - This put me in about the right place to pick him. I like the value here, was why I wanted to trade down out of Rd 1. I think he fits what the Bills are looking for.

Round 2b - pick 58 OT Cody Mauch. Help for the OL. Our new RT. Another guy I targeted, that I wanted to maneuver and get him at right value.

Round 3a - pick 70 (from Raiders): WR Kayshon Boutte. Our new WR 2. Unless Gabe shines and Pushes him into the #3 spot! Was looking for a WR somewhere in the first 3 rounds. Too good to pass up at this spot.

Round 3b - pick 91: CB Taylon Jones. Getting more youth/ skill for CB position. White is not getting any younger. Was keeping an eye for CB or Edge as areas where a good opportunity would cause me to pull the trigger. This was it,

Round 3c - pick 95 (from KC): OC Ricky Stromberg. this is a guy I targeted and wanted to get in Rd 3.

Round 4a - pick 130: TE Jack Kuntz - another weapon for Josh and I like him at this spot, with previous needs being filled. Though about a second WR pick here but that room is full of B grade talent already.

Round 4b- pick 144 OG Draeden Daniels. ( after trading pick 205 plus CB Taron Jackson, who becomes odd man out). I thought about drafting another OC and playing them at Guard, but couldn’t find the right fit to do that. So chose Daniels. More competition for Interior OL.

and that is it. Ended up with 7 picks but nothing after round 4. I think with as much talent is on the team already this is a good approach. Lower round picks won’t have any better chance at making an impact than the post draft vet minimum guys or undrafted guys.

it was fun and hope you enjoy the wheeling and dealing of this one.

See the mistake you made is that you gotta' counter offer and take all those "free" picks in the 200's.     You can basically tack those on any offered deal and they will still take the deal.   The algorithm basically deems them as worthless.   Then you can get 18 imaginary picks or so and really load up on the highest quality camp fodder and have the best practice squad in the league(especially if the league goes to 1 cutdown date at the end of preseason like they've discussed).

• Haha (+1) 3

I would love to trade down if our guy isn't there at #27, but it's not always possible to get a deal done with good return value. 

If all the good Offensive tackles are gone, then I'd rather trade down instead of reaching for a guy like Trenton Simpson or Josh Downs. 

This draft has great depth of TE and we have struggled to find a #2 TE in free agency during Beane's tenure.

Edited by Allen2Diggs
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Clyde Smith said:

You lost me with trading Taron?!? Really? Besides that I like most of the picks, I can live with that.

Agreed.  Trading Taron Johnson to move up to select a player who could possibly be available in free agency makes no sense.  

Also, would take Campbell over Sanders with the 1st pick.  

The rest is good.

• Agree 2

Thanks for the comments!
My thought with the Taron trade was to trade some defensive capital for offensive line potential. 
agree that is a risky move, but also is the mindset that many fans (including me)  want to see - more investment on the O side.
And to see more playing time for the recent draft picks.

This draft gives us a tackle, a center, a guard, a WR, and a TE. Quite a haul to increase competition.

6 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Who is Monte Hall? The chiefs kick returner?

Man I hope I am not too old that most “don’t get the joke”…..He was the host of the ‘Let’s make a deal’ game show..

Edited by Desert Bills Fan
Add details
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.