Fox settles with Dominion

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m aware Tibs. But it must be based on something. This was not a case brought by the government as a means to a greater good. This was brought by one private company against another. I’d be curious to see how they proved the damage

They didn't have to prove anything.  FOX wisely settled with it about to go to trial with a Delaware jury pool and a hostile judge.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFanNC said:

They didn't have to prove anything.  FOX wisely settled with it about to go to trial with a Delaware jury pool and a hostile judge.

Sure and definitely not because they were about to get pantsed. 

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m aware Tibs. But it must be based on something. This was not a case brought by the government as a means to a greater good. This was brought by one private company against another. I’d be curious to see how they proved the damage. 

Well, the threats against the lives of the people that worked at Dominion were pretty easy to prove. That's damage, having threats made 

2 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Its kind of funny seeing the MSNBC watchers/parrots railing about how Fox is BS.

It's kind of funny seeing people compare the two networks to say "Everyone is bad" as an excuse 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

null

17 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

$787 million.  "The truth matters" per Dominion counsel.  Staple St Capital owns Dominion.  They got big bucks for their stockholders while rubbing Fox face in the mud.

they were after $1.6 bil.

State street capital is also the 6th largest investor in Fox Corp.  

Fox is controlled by the same BlackRock/vanguard/state St./ as most media sites.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/FOXA/holders

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/T/holders

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/CMCSA/holders

CNN/MSNBC have also had huge issues with integrity.

but its news, right.

https://news.yahoo.com/cnn-settles-defamation-lawsuit-kentucky-031509289.html

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/judge-dismisses-sd-based-one-americas-defamation-suit-against-rachel-maddow-msnbc/2331027/#:~:text=A federal judge on Friday dismissed with prejudice,in September for calling it "paid Russian propaganda."

Edited by Chris farley

38 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

State street capital is also the 6th largest investor in Fox Corp. 

Then it would probably be smart not to bite the hand that feeds it by sanctioned lying.  On further review,  Stable St Capial based in Toronto is the owner of Dominion as I originally stated.  Not State St. Capital.

The maddow suit was dismissed.  The CNN suit was settled and was poor journalism by CNN but not nearly as impactful to the nation as Fox flaming the fires of the Big Lie and an open question as to whether CNN knew their reporting was incorrect.  I suspect they didn't but Fox clearly did.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

43 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Then it would probably be smart not to bite the hand that feeds it by sanctioned lying.  On further review,  Stable St Capial based in Toronto is the owner of Dominion as I originally stated.  Not State St. Capital.

The maddow suit was dismissed.  The CNN suit was settled and was poor journalism by CNN but not nearly as impactful to the nation as Fox flaming the fires of the Big Lie and an open question as to whether CNN knew their reporting was incorrect.  I suspect they didn't but Fox clearly did.

Welp, they are trash that pushed a lie. so.

Maddow suit was dismissed cause the judge ruled NO reasonable person would believe Maddows commentary as actual news.  details matter.

CNN is just corporate media and has almost no integrity left. countless lawsuits.  

7 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Maddow suit was dismissed cause the judge ruled NO reasonable person would believe Maddows commentary as actual news.  details matter.

agreed.  From the article you linked.

Friday's ruling stated, in part: "[The] Court finds that the contested statement is an opinion that cannot serve as the basis for a defamation claim. Plaintiff has not shown a probability of succeeding on its defamation claims, thus, the Court GRANTS Defendants’ Special Motion to Strike…. Because there is no set of facts that could support a claim for defamation based on Maddow’s statement, the complaint is dismissed with prejudice. After Defendants’ motion for attorney’s fees is resolved, the Court will instruct the Clerk to close this case."

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

agreed.  From the article you linked.

Friday's ruling stated, in part: "[The] Court finds that the contested statement is an opinion that cannot serve as the basis for a defamation claim. Plaintiff has not shown a probability of succeeding on its defamation claims, thus, the Court GRANTS Defendants’ Special Motion to Strike…. Because there is no set of facts that could support a claim for defamation based on Maddow’s statement, the complaint is dismissed with prejudice. After Defendants’ motion for attorney’s fees is resolved, the Court will instruct the Clerk to close this case."

A federal judge on Friday dismissed a $10 million defamation lawsuit by One America News (OAN) against Rachel Maddow, finding that a “reasonable viewer” would know the MSNBC prime-time host was only offering her opinion when she called the right-leaning network “paid Russian propaganda.”

Maddow also cited a report from The Daily Beast, which found OAN employed “a Kremlin-paid journalist.”

“Instead, he or she would follow the facts of the Daily Beast article; that OAN and Sputnik share a reporter and both pay this reporter to write articles. Anything beyond this is Maddow’s opinion or her exaggeration of the facts,” the judge noted in the ruling.

Judge dismisses One America News defamation lawsuit against Rachel Maddow | The Hill

LOL, MSNBC is trash, just like fox and CNN.  its all commentary.

it keeps people ignorant and at each other's throats.

2 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

“Instead, he or she would follow the facts of the Daily Beast article; that OAN and Sputnik share a reporter and both pay this reporter to write articles.

Does this, in any way, make you suspicious of OAN?  Make her claim more reasonable? it does for me.  information I was unaware of but important...

• Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Does this, in any way, make you suspicious of OAN?  Make her claim more reasonable? it does for me.  information I was unaware of but important...

Not really, I dont watch OAN or think of them as a valid news source.

same boat as the rest of them.

But on a side note, trying to google where Kristian Brunovich Rouz works for now, gets one nowhere. 

30 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Welp, they are trash that pushed a lie. so.

CNN is just corporate media and has almost no integrity left. countless lawsuits.  

I’m not here to be at anyone’s throat. I’m here for the humorous takes on the seemingly endless number of topics I see being batted around every waking minute of every day. 😁

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I did watch the start of Hannity yesterday. He led with …

… Something about Biden’s inept cabinet. Mayorkas something something border. HHS Secretary something something define a woman. ATF Director something something what’s-an-assault-weapon. 
In other words, the Fox News Greatest Hits collection. Not a mention of the Dominion cave by his own network. The only way to tell something happened was by the dog that didn’t bark: “election fraud” was suspiciously missing from the Greatest Hits montage. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I did watch the start of Hannity yesterday. He led with …

… Something about Biden’s inept cabinet. Mayorkas something something border. HHS Secretary something something define a woman. ATF Director something something what’s-an-assault-weapon. 
In other words, the Fox News Greatest Hits collection. Not a mention of the Dominion cave by his own network. The only way to tell something happened was by the dog that didn’t bark: “election fraud” was suspiciously missing from the Greatest Hits montage. 

Why. Just watch MSNBC.  read some Daily beast, salon.  They often report about what fox is reporting on. 

Why watch and provide the viewership they use to make profits and pay those talking heads 20+ million a year?

16 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Why. Just watch MSNBC.  read some Daily beast, salon.  They often report about what fox is reporting on. 

Why watch and provide the viewership they use to make profits and pay those talking heads 20+ million a year?

You’re right I guess. That was my 20 minutes of Fox News for 2023.

3 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Sure and definitely not because they were about to get pantsed. 

And we would’ve seen 92 year old Rupert Murdoch on the stand, bringing us a Life Imitates Art parody of Succession. Complete with stock tanking. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

You’re right I guess. That was my 20 minutes of Fox News for 2023.

And we would’ve seen 92 year old Rupert Murdoch on the stand, bringing us a Life Imitates Art parody of Succession. Complete with stock tanking. 

More like Weekend at Bernie’s

• Haha (+1) 1