Brandon Beane Set To Double Down on 2022’s Big Disappointments

JohnNord

4 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

And that's fair enough too. 

Same with everyone, really. But him a bit more than most.

I think Bates is more and better than you think. Hard to say for sure, but that's what it looked like to me.

And they could certainly draft a guy who is C/G flexible and could move in there when needed.

Like I'm saying, if Bates is penciled in as future C, then I would like to see him get a lot more work this summer at the position.

Maybe Edwards spells him a lot as 1st team RG (I'm assuming Bates is still at RG).  That would make me happy.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Until we actually get past this is all just conjecture

Those teams have to show they can beat us

Our current rivals are Kansas City and Cincinnati

KC and Cincy are ahead of us. It was apparent in the beatdown they laid on us at home.

We did indeed beat KC, but we had Miller. They got better throughout the year. Second half of GB on, we regressed badly. 

Im not bullish on the Bills next year but maybe they prove me wrong. I can only hope.

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

And that's fair enough too. 

Same with everyone, really. But him a bit more than most.

I think Bates is more and better than you think. Hard to say for sure, but that's what it looked like to me.

And they could certainly draft a guy who is C/G flexible and could move in there when needed.

"Sad"?

Yes. You clearly are.

Alright Thurman. Continue to have them blinders on !

I will reserve judgement until the draft is done. Brown and Davis could easily see competition via high draft picks. As far as Oliver I don’t see anything wrong with sticking it out with him in a contract yet esp if they can draft a DT in the mid rounds to develop for a year.

Having Gabe and Spencer not perform  to expectations aren’t as big of deal as what’s going on with the defense. Sure it sucks because their weaknesses showed, but the guys we drafted for the defense are contributing even less than Gabe and Spencer.  They were higher picks too.  Problem is the mistakes on D are forcing them to neglect the O every year. Josh Allen is amazing, we know that and they know that. He can hide a lot of weaknesses that McD can’t and McDs weaknesses are apparent in the biggest games. 

55 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I will reserve judgement until the draft is done. Brown and Davis could easily see competition via high draft picks. As far as Oliver I don’t see anything wrong with sticking it out with him in a contract yet esp if they can draft a DT in the mid rounds to develop for a year.

Do you really think that a rookie is going to challenge either of those two for a starting spot though?  

1 hour ago, McBean said:

KC and Cincy are ahead of us. It was apparent in the beatdown they laid on us at home.

We did indeed beat KC, but we had Miller. They got better throughout the year. Second half of GB on, we regressed badly. 

Im not bullish on the Bills next year but maybe they prove me wrong. I can only hope.

Alright Thurman. Continue to have them blinders on !

They regressed badly?  By losing 2 games?

On 4/6/2023 at 9:37 AM, CookieG said:

But he may be damaged goods due to his back.

Hard to heal a bad back while playing. But with top care from therapists and a whole off season, he should be good to go.

Edited by Jerome007

On 4/7/2023 at 4:33 PM, JohnNord said:

Do you really think that a rookie is going to challenge either of those two for a starting spot though? 

Very possible either could be displaced by a rookie, likely? No but drafting players high up at those positions does show they aren’t trying to rely on them.

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

Very possible either could be displaced by a rookie, likely? No but drafting players high up at those positions does show they aren’t trying to rely on them.

IMO it would be a massive upset for a rookie drafted at the bottom of round one to unseat Davis or Brown.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.