Dion Dawkins in Today's UFC 287 Embedded

Jerome007

8 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

If Dawkins trains with these guys, why was he out of shape when he showed up to camp?🤔

Even in that video, you can tell he is chubby. Yet he almost always performs at a high level. It is weird to me, but you can't deny the results

Edited by Jerome007

16 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

For fellow UFC fans, you can briefly see Dion while Masvidal is clowning with a gun.

Last year Dawkins had posted a video of him slamming a fighting dummy, and he was good at it. He likely trains when these guys, no wonder.

I believe I read somewhere that Dawkin's brother (one of his brothers?) is a pro wrestler in Hawaii

Maybe @Chandler#81 has sources that can track this down

Confusingly, there's a wrestler who uses the stage name Angelo Dawkins, who is not related to Dawkins

While Dawkins brother IIRC has a stage name that is totally different.

Then again I can't find anything about this so maybe I dreamed it all.  Gotta lay off the Dark n Stormys before bed

Edited by Beck Water
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

That is my question

I love Dion, but he is in the wrong shape whenever he shows up to camp every year. I really hope that changes.

What shape should he be in... a circle a rectangle  how about a square 

Some guys function well with extra weight.  Warren Sapp is a HOF'er and always carried a lot of extra lbs, and not necessarily in the right places, at least from an appearance perspective.  This is common among OL and DL.  On the other hand (and the other side of the line), you have Spencer Brown, who is a physical specimen, but not necessarily the most talented tackle.  I don't think I'm stating anything here that people don't already know, but it came to mind along with the discussion of Dawkins' physical shape.

Capture.thumb.GIF.45acd15e01afe3d0459579171966ef2a.GIF

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.