Frightening Stats about 2008

I'd vote for Powell or Rice.

Not for McCain, though.

346357[/snapback]

BS. You voted for Bush because you were afraid Kerry would get elected. You'd do the same thing if it were McCain vs Hillary/Pelosi.

Nice choices. Way to go Republicans and Democrats!

BS.  You voted for Bush because you were afraid Kerry would get elected.  You'd do the same thing if it were McCain vs Hillary/Pelosi.

Nice choices.  Way to go Republicans and Democrats!

346454[/snapback]

Assuming Hillary was nominated.

If the Dems actually nominated someone with a clue, well, like...I don't know who they have who does have a clue.

I just can't stand the thought of another Clinton in the oval office. Maybe she'd get cunilingus from some male staffer?

:shudder:

Why be surprised?  The re-elected one of the worst presidents in American history.

346007[/snapback]

Yep, Billy Boy was one of the worst presidents in history.

Remember, she said "We are the President."

I doubt Bush will run in 08.  2012 or 2016 is a definate possiblity.

Dont discount a few virginians from this race.

Gov. Mark Warner ( D )

Sen. George Allen ( R )

Warner is a popular governor of a southern state, who probably would swing it into the democrats column.  (I know many here dont like him, but you cant deny his popularity in VA).

346055[/snapback]

yeah, Warner's so popular in VA that when i first read your post i thought you were talking about the other senator :huh:

i do agree allen's got his eye on the white house, tho 08 may be a little too soon

Bush/Gore II. Jeb vs Algore

Obama while less experienced than the bunch could really mobilize people for the Dems.

This next election could be interesting if the following were to happen (i don't think that it is likely however) Rice and Clinton get their respective nominations. The election would no longer be about "do we want a woman in the oval office" if would be about "which woman do you want".

Obama while less experienced than the bunch could really mobilize people for the Dems. 

This next election could be interesting if the following were to happen (i don't think that it is likely however)  Rice and Clinton get their respective nominations.  The election would no longer be about "do we want a woman in the oval office" if would be about "which woman do you want".

346536[/snapback]

I think Condoleeza Rice is an ideal candidate for the Presidency. She's as non-offensive as they come, and a technocrat of the highest order. She's also incredibly bright.

I never thought I'd vote for a woman, but I'd vote for Rice.

I'm not about to flame you at all. It's tactics. If I were the Republicans, I'd be grooming Condi Rice NOW. Take away Hills obvious trump cards, and add Black.

We could pop popcorn for that one.

345890[/snapback]

Could you get some of the fake movie theater butter as well? :lol:

Assuming Hillary was nominated.

If the Dems actually nominated someone with a clue, well, like...I don't know who they have who does have a clue.

I just can't stand the thought of another Clinton in the oval office. Maybe she'd get cunilingus from some male staffer?

:shudder:

346463[/snapback]

Reading your thoughts I thank god your some loser on a Bills web site

Not as frightening as my sig.

347076[/snapback]

I stand by my words. What have YOU done to contrubute to the advancement of our nation? Have you taken up arms to protect her? Have YOU done anything other than sit in an ivory tower and pretend you're an intellectual?

My guess would be no. My guess would be that you're a spoiled rich kid off at college on mom and dad's dime that doesn't have a CLUE what the f*ck he's talking about.

But that's just a guess.

And, oh, yeah, any woman that would abort TWO BABIES because she didnt' want to have to move from Manhattan to Staten Island DOES NOT desrve life. Sorry, !@#$.

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Why? Because I thought your boy Clinton was a worthless hillbilly that has the blood of 3000 New Yorkers on his hands?

347946[/snapback]

Sorry sparky, this administration is just as responsible for 9/11 as the previous one.

I stand by my words. What have YOU done to contrubute to the advancement of our nation? Have you taken up arms to protect her? Have YOU done anything other than sit in an ivory tower and pretend you're an intellectual?

My guess would be no. My guess would be that you're a spoiled rich kid off at college on mom and dad's dime that doesn't have a CLUE what the f*ck he's talking about.

But that's just a guess.

And, oh, yeah, any woman that would abort TWO BABIES because she didnt' want to have to move from Manhattan to Staten Island DOES NOT desrve life. Sorry, !@#$.

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

347945[/snapback]

Well, for starters, we pay taxes to support the military gravy train. We pave the roads they use for transport. We produce the foodstuff the military eats. We build the housing the military and their families live in. We sanitize the water they drink. We process their paychecks and gather information for them to make investments (information is expensive, you know). We put up the phone lines and develop the network technology that allow them to communicate easily. And on and on for every other service. Go ahead and tell everyone to !@#$ off at 7 in the morning. But when you try to take away people's vote, be prepared for a 'civil' war where veterans and soldiers will find out they depend just as much on everyone else as we depend on them, and that they're not the end-all be-all. Dream on, Ghengis Khan. And yeah, that was a guess on your part. Read the part in bold and apply it to yourself.

Sorry sparky, this administration is just as responsible for 9/11 as the previous one.

348032[/snapback]

Oh REALLY?

Who authorized that attack? Guy named bin Laden, right? Yeah. And WHO, while president, had a chance to authorize an attack to take the bastard out but couldn't find the time to qui playing golf?

Yeah, that'd be Bill.

Now, who stood idly by getting head in the Oval office while bin Laden's cronies blew up two embassies and a US warship?

Uh-huh.

Next?

Well, for starters, we pay taxes to support the military gravy train. We pave the roads they use for transport. We produce the foodstuff the military eats. We build the housing the military and their families live in. We sanitize the water they drink. We process their paychecks and gather information for them to make investments (information is expensive, you know). We put up the phone lines and develop the network technology that allow them to communicate easily. And on and on for every other service. Go ahead and tell everyone to !@#$ off at 7 in the morning. But when you try to take away people's vote, be prepared for a 'civil' war where veterans and soldiers will find out they depend just as much on everyone else as we depend on them, and that they're not the end-all be-all. Dream on, Ghengis Khan. And yeah, that was a guess on your part. Read the part in bold and apply it to yourself.

348060[/snapback]

Yeah, and you know what? You and people that think like you are what is wrong with this country. People who care more about "rights" than "responsibilities". Veterans have put up a stake for the future of this country. The men who risked their lives at Shiloh, in Cuba, in the trenches of France, on the beaches of Normandy or Iwo Jima, on some frozen godforsaken Korean hill or steaming Vietnamese junge, or even in a sh_t hole sandbox like Iraq have all put their lives on the line so people like YOU can whine about "rights."

So, YES, I think the veterans of this country have put forward a little bit more than the average civilian.

Guess what, Einstein.....I don't actually think that could ever happen. Not so long as the leeches that suck at the teet of freedom bought with the blood of veterans have a say.

Oh REALLY?

Who authorized that attack? Guy named bin Laden, right? Yeah. And WHO, while president, had a chance to authorize an attack to take the bastard out but couldn't find the time to qui playing golf?

Yeah, that'd be Bill.

Now, who stood idly by getting head in the Oval office while bin Laden's cronies blew up two embassies and a US warship?

Uh-huh.

Next?

348090[/snapback]

So let me get this straight, since the events you describe above are Clinton's fault since it happened on his watch.

Since 9/11 happened on Bush's watch, it's still Clinton's fault?

So the simple fact that Bush's administration ignored repeated warnings about setting up plan to combat terroism (which includes Bin Laden) by Richard Clark is Clinton's fault.

The fact this administration didn't take a report seriously that terrorist could be planning on a attack using planes must be Clinton's fault.

The fact that Bush felt the need to spend a good portion of his first year in office on his ranch and playing golf must be Clinton's fault.

The simple fact that this administration did not take terroism seriously in the first year before 9/11 must be Clinton's fault.

This administrations refusal to be held accountable for anything must be Clinton's fault too.

You're a genius. :doh: Oh wait, that must be Clinton's fault too

So let me get this straight, since the events you describe above are Clinton's fault since it happened on his watch. 

Since 9/11 happened on Bush's watch, it's still Clinton's fault?

So the simple fact that Bush's administration ignored repeated warnings about setting up plan to combat terroism (which includes Bin Laden) by Richard Clark is Clinton's fault.

The fact this administration didn't take a report seriously that terrorist could be planning on a attack using planes must be Clinton's fault.

The fact that Bush felt the need to spend a good portion of his first year in office on his ranch and playing golf must be Clinton's fault.

The simple fact that this administration did not take terroism seriously in the first year before 9/11 must be Clinton's fault.

This administrations refusal to be held accountable for anything must be Clinton's fault too.

You're a genius.  :doh:  Oh wait, that must be Clinton's fault too

348105[/snapback]

Considering that at the ROOT of all these other issues is the fact that bin laden was still ALIVE in 2001 when he could have been good and dead in 1998-99, then YES, all these problems could have been avoided if it wasn't for Billy Bob enjoying golf and blowjobs better than being president.

Look, I'm no big fan of Bush. I voted for him because the idea of John Kerry, an avowed TRAITOR, as president terrified me.

But to downplay Clinton's role in 8 yeards of ignoring al Quaeda is just plain ignorant. 8 years to one year. That's 8 times the time to fix the problem. But he did nothing.

Was Bush in the wrong? Quite possibly. but at least he had the good sense to strike back when we were attacked, rather than taking the Clintonian "ostrich" approach.

Oh, and it warms my heart to know you think I'm not a genius. I must be doing something right!

Forgive me for making this comment on the fly, but this thread reminds me a lot of that poster LetsGoBuffalo.

A poll taken regarding an event that may take place in three years...

A poll which actually qualifies itself by stating that the majority of those polled said they would be "at least somewhat likely" to vote for Sen. Hillary Clinton if she runs for president in 2008...

Please. Blzrul. I appreciate the debate about the 2008 candidates, but to suggest that conservatives around the world are worried about this gem of an article actually suggests that libs like yourself are desperate for anything...anything at all...to even remotely suggest that you ever have a chance of taking back the country your party fugged up in the first place.

As desperate a political thread as I have ever, ever seen anywhere.

to suggest that conservatives around the world are worried about this gem of an article actually suggests that libs like yourself are desperate for anything...anything at all...to even remotely suggest that you ever have a chance of taking back the country your party fugged up in the first place.

As desperate a political thread as I have ever, ever seen anywhere.

348126[/snapback]

You need to forgive her. Her party is spiraling out of control and she needs to desparately cling to anything for hope.

Well, for starters, we pay taxes to support the military gravy train.

348060[/snapback]

gravy train? :doh::blink:

yeah, i'm sick of those military tards living high off the hog while us corporate types struggle to make ends meet!

gravy train?  :doh:  :blink:

yeah, i'm sick of those military tards living high off the hog while us corporate types struggle to make ends meet!

348140[/snapback]

Well, in a way he's right. Not about the average soldier/sailor/airman/marine/coastie, but about the military industrial complex and the absolutely ridiculous amount of money we spend every year to defend Japan/Germany/Britian/Korea/etc while our borders are basically wide open.

Now we are spending billions chasing a boogieman of our own creation. WTG, politicians and those who continue to allow them free reign.

Well, in a way he's right.  Not about the average soldier/sailor/airman/marine/coastie, but about the military industrial complex and the absolutely ridiculous amount of money we spend every year to defend Japan/Germany/Britian/Korea/etc while our borders are basically wide open.

Now we are spending billions chasing a boogieman of our own creation.  WTG, politicians and those who continue to allow them free reign.

348144[/snapback]

Yeah, I meant that in the sense that we spend more on our military than the next 40 countries combined. $600 toilets. $50 hammers. $80 per diem for six SSgts in one office to stare at a cadet's pee-pee from a foot away as he unloads Vitamin P in a cup (I don't know; sounds kinda gay to me) when they could very well go through a private contractor for a lot less. $80,000 to fill up a C-130 in Turkey; they were being extorted but they didn't bat an eyelash. My brother stared at receipts his one Raven squad accrued on one mission -- 5 star hotels in Italy (well, that is b/c only 5-stars offer adequate security) and per diem pay to fish and float in the Mediterranean while their plane was "broke," read: landing gears manual backup crank wouldn't work --> crash. They love to spend it, that's for sure.

I don't put much stock in polls this early but... this ought to at least start some neocon heads exploding and bring the usual gang of pinheads full bluster.

And the worst part for all of you is not knowing whether she will....or won't.  And you won't know for a couple of years.  I think I'll go buy stock in a pharma that makes ulcer medications.  :rolleyes:

345834[/snapback]

sorry i am so late in joining this thread....

i don't see what all the fuss is about....according to Hillary she has moved so far right of center we conservatives should have nothing to worry about.

i can't wait to see Michael Moore's "documentary" on how she abandoned the left.

sorry i am so late in joining this thread....

i don't see what all the fuss is about....according to Hillary she has moved so far right of center we conservatives should have nothing to worry about.

Heh, check out this WP article on Hillary:

Linky

i can't wait to see Michael Moore's "documentary" on how she abandoned the left.

348273[/snapback]

I can see it now: "Shame on you Mrs. Clinton!, Shame on you!" :rolleyes:

Yeah, I meant that in the sense that we spend more on our military than the next 40 countries combined. $600 toilets. $50 hammers. $80 per diem for six SSgts in one office to stare at a cadet's pee-pee from a foot away as he unloads Vitamin P in a cup (I don't know; sounds kinda gay to me) when they could very well go through a private contractor for a lot less. $80,000 to fill up a C-130 in Turkey; they were being extorted but they didn't bat an eyelash. My brother stared at receipts his one Raven squad accrued on one mission -- 5 star hotels in Italy (well, that is b/c only 5-stars offer adequate security) and per diem pay to fish and float in the Mediterranean while their plane was "broke," read: landing gears manual backup crank wouldn't work --> crash. They love to spend it, that's for sure.

348161[/snapback]

So you'd rather top secret "B-2 Bomber-type" projects should be listed on the budget prior to their completion?

I do agree however that our borders should take priority over protecting the South Koreans, Germans, Japanese etc....