Frightening Stats about 2008

Quite seriously...why? What has she done to get that type of confidence? Answer? nothing. But, she's Hillary. It has to be some sort of a cult thing. Once again, I'm often tremendously disappointed in my fellow countrymen. How can a nation be this gifted, and yet so stupid? This is not an anti-democrat thing for me. She brings absolutely nothing to the table, and with the state of flux the world is in, is very likely to do a great deal of harm. Hopefully, at least in my little nook and cranny, we will have enough things working that she wouldn't be able to change any of it.

I don't put much stock in polls this early but... this ought to at least start some neocon heads exploding and bring the usual gang of pinheads full bluster.

345834[/snapback]

Dude, she has so many dirty things to drag out of her closet (I don't mean ugly dresses) that she will get hammered like no one running for President has been hammered before.

Should be fun to watch the mud-sling fest though.

Name a Democrat who is the front runner to receive the nomination. As a member of the party, i can't really think of someone. She is a figurehead, well respected by women and will mobilize more women to vote than any other nominee since Kennedy. It would make strategical sense for Dems in my opinion. It doesn't matter what she brings to the table, it only matters if she gets elected. As someone who admired what the Republicans have done the past two elections, they made it clear that they chose a candidate to win the electoral college and not someone to lead the country. (This of course is my opinion as i feel Bush's advisors are in a more powerful position than the man himself). Don't flame me on my opinion of Bush, but my reasoning for why the Dems would nominate Hillary you are free to go to town on.

Name a Democrat who is the front runner to receive the nomination.  As a member of the party, i can't really think of someone.  She is a figurehead, well respected by women and will mobilize more women to vote than any other nominee since Kennedy.  It would make strategical sense for Dems in my opinion.  It doesn't matter what she brings to the table, it only matters if she gets elected.  As someone who admired what the Republicans have done the past two elections, they made it clear that they chose a candidate to win the electoral college and not someone to lead the country.  (This of course is my opinion as i feel Bush's advisors are in a more powerful position than the man himself).  Don't flame me on my opinion of Bush, but my reasoning for why the Dems would nominate Hillary you are free to go to town on.

345885[/snapback]

I'm not about to flame you at all. It's tactics. If I were the Republicans, I'd be grooming Condi Rice NOW. Take away Hills obvious trump cards, and add Black.

We could pop popcorn for that one.

I'm not about to flame you at all. It's tactics. If I were the Republicans, I'd be grooming Condi Rice NOW. Take away Hills obvious trump cards, and add Black.

We could pop popcorn for that one.

345890[/snapback]

Rice could be quite an interesting nominee in theory... I think Frist was really trying to get rid of the filibuster in hopes of sewing up the nomination come 2006 or so.... With a big win for republicans he may have had easy goings in the primaries.

The republicans have Powell, McCain, Rice and a few others that would be strong presidential candidates. The democrats pretty much have Hillary. These last couple of years she should have been building a strong resume to run for president. Unfortunately for her, she hasn't.

The next election, barring another media driven national crisis, will be "American Idol goes DC".

It's not who the talking head is, it's the team behind them. I have no confidence that the Dems can put together a team willing to keep their eye on the ball. The "Neocon" Repubs can. Would pretty well be the same team, and that is not a bad thing. I know, I know...Halliburton, Flight suit, etc.... but behind the scenes, you have a good group here now. They just can't market it, because anything good going on can be seriously attacked in the media, and by the opposition. As always, works both ways. I'm personally grateful for the opportunity I've had to learn how things really work. That is why I don't suffer the soundbite mentality of those who can't stay off the cell phone discussing their American Idol vote very lightly.

We probably won't see it in our lifetimes, but maybe someday someone can pull it all together.

The republicans have Powell, McCain, Rice and a few others that would be strong presidential candidates.  The democrats pretty much have Hillary.  These last couple of years she should have been building a strong resume to run for president.  Unfortunately for her, she hasn't.

345907[/snapback]

She doesn't have to. she'll make it close just being Hillary. Why? Beats me. And, I'd be stunned if any of the three you mentioned got anywhere near the nomination. I've had the opportunity to meet Condi, and talk with her. She is very, very smart. Much smarter I think than HC. but, she also has a rep for being a "yes-man/woman/person. As she is already known, this can be used against her very effectively. Voters don't think. They think they do, but they don't.

The republicans have Powell, McCain, Rice and a few others that would be strong presidential candidates.  The democrats pretty much have Hillary.  These last couple of years she should have been building a strong resume to run for president.  Unfortunately for her, she hasn't.

345907[/snapback]

Powell and McCain, seperately, wouldn't have a shot in hell of beating Jeb Bush in '08. The far right hates them both, and McCain is getting killed on the fillibuster compromise. You're also forgetting that Jeb Bush will get the full use of the current Bush/Cheney/Rove black ops team, the same team that buried McCain in 2000. Together they would make a formidable ticket, but I doubt either one has the stomach to go up against BushIII.

It's too early to predict who the Dem candidate will be. Wait until the mid-term elections and look at the governor and senate races. I would prefer that the dems choose a governor/former governor for a candidate, and not a senator with a voting record that could be attacked by the conservative right.

Just my two cents...we all know who I'll be voting for anyway.

Powell and McCain, seperately, wouldn't have a shot in hell of beating Jeb Bush in '08.  The far right hates them both, and McCain is getting killed on the fillibuster compromise.  You're also forgetting that Jeb Bush will get the full use of the current Bush/Cheney/Rove black ops team, the same team that buried McCain in 2000.  Together they would make a formidable ticket, but I doubt either one has the stomach to go up against BushIII.

It's too early to predict who the Dem candidate will be.  Wait until the mid-term elections and look at the governor and senate races.  I would prefer that the dems choose a governor/former governor for a candidate, and not a senator with a voting record that could be attacked by the conservative right.

345960[/snapback]

Crippen?

Quite seriously...why? What has she done to get that type of confidence? Answer? nothing. But, she's Hillary. It has to be some sort of a cult thing. Once again, I'm often tremendously disappointed in my fellow countrymen. How can a nation be this gifted, and yet so stupid? This is not an anti-democrat thing for me. She brings absolutely nothing to the table, and with the state of flux the world is in, is very likely to do a great deal of harm. Hopefully, at least in my little nook and cranny, we will have enough things working that she wouldn't be able to change any of it.

345841[/snapback]

Why be surprised? The re-elected one of the worst presidents in American history.

She doesn't have to. she'll make it close just being Hillary. Why? Beats me. And, I'd be stunned if any of the three you mentioned got anywhere near the nomination. I've had the opportunity to meet Condi, and talk with her. She is very, very smart. Much smarter I think than HC. but, she also has a rep for being a "yes-man/woman/person. As she is already known, this can be used against her very effectively. Voters don't think. They think they do, but they don't.

345915[/snapback]

You mean the Schwarzenegger effect. I have no idea what you stand for, but I know who you are!

I met Powell when I lived down in North Carolina. He knew my CEO from their days in the military. He was in the area visiting Bragg and stopped by to take a tour of our NOC. Good guy and when I mentioned I read his book, he stopped to chat to me. I didn't get any sleazy politician vibes from him.

Jeb Bush has already said he won't run for president in 2008. (yeah, yeah, yeah) I doubt with his age and heart problems that Cheney will run. I don't see Elizabeth Dole running. Perhaps Hulk Hogan and NBF can run together.

Powell and McCain, seperately, wouldn't have a shot in hell of beating Jeb Bush in '08.  The far right hates them both, and McCain is getting killed on the fillibuster compromise.  You're also forgetting that Jeb Bush will get the full use of the current Bush/Cheney/Rove black ops team, the same team that buried McCain in 2000.  Together they would make a formidable ticket, but I doubt either one has the stomach to go up against BushIII.

It's too early to predict who the Dem candidate will be.  Wait until the mid-term elections and look at the governor and senate races.  I would prefer that the dems choose a governor/former governor for a candidate, and not a senator with a voting record that could be attacked by the conservative right.

345960[/snapback]

Nominating Jeb Bush in '08 or any other year will ensure a Dem victory. He alienated the evangelicals b/c he didn't send in the National Guard to 'save' Teri Schiavo, he's got a 5-time cokehead for a daughter (and it will dreg up how she's received favoritism in the courts b/c of daddy) not to mention whatever other skeletons he's got in the closet. I hope they do run him. There's been some buzz recently about Cheney running.

Agreed about where the Dems should get their nominee from. Some names are Vilsack, Richardson.... There will be others who enter the picture. And I hope Clark runs again and gets in as VP. Anyone with better appeal than Kerry and Edwards.

The Miami Dolfags are going to fire Saban mid season and bring back Shula who'll then take the Dolfins to the Super Bowl and lose to the LA Bills in Super Bowl XLII

I hate predictions so early. I'm still waiting for my Grouper Sammmich from the last time.......... :lol:

I doubt Bush will run in 08. 2012 or 2016 is a definate possiblity.

Dont discount a few virginians from this race.

Gov. Mark Warner ( D )

Sen. George Allen ( R )

Warner is a popular governor of a southern state, who probably would swing it into the democrats column. (I know many here dont like him, but you cant deny his popularity in VA).

Sen. Allen would also be a strong candidate. Would probably make a better VP at this point than pres. I wouldnt be suprised to see him on the ticket in 2008.

The democrats have the same bunch of tried and tested losers they will run out there (Clark, Edwards, Gore, Kerry) which is why Hillary and Warner make alot of sense,

The republicans have a lot of big name moderates. (McCain, Powell, Guiliani etc.), who will struggle in primaries. (Powell wont run anyway, and Guliani is unlikely). But they are lacking strong conservatives to challange them. Frist has blown his chance already IMO. The guy is a horrible leader in the senate. Santorum might lose his senate seat. I dont think Rice wants to run. Maybe Mitt Romney, but I dont know much about him. The republicans are hurting with strong conservatives going up for nomination. And Newt....fughetaboutit.

Edited to remove registered trademark of sir george allen.

Nominating Jeb Bush in '08 or any other year will ensure a Dem victory. He alienated the evangelicals b/c he didn't send in the National Guard to 'save' Teri Schiavo, he's got a 5-time cokehead for a daughter (and it will dreg up how she's received favoritism in the courts b/c of daddy) not to mention whatever other skeletons he's got in the closet. I hope they do run him. There's been some buzz recently about Cheney running.

Agreed about where the Dems should get their nominee from. Some names are Vilsack, Richardson.... There will be others who enter the picture. And I hope Clark runs again and gets in as VP. Anyone with better appeal than Kerry and Edwards.

346019[/snapback]

Right, now the evangelicals are going to vote Democrat. :lol:

Right, now the evangelicals are going to vote Democrat. dry.gif

Well...they would if the democrats actually put someone up with strong moral values that are in line with the evangelical movement....but they wont. In fact they will find someone so far to the left that the evengelicals will have no choice but to vote for a conservative who may not even represent their views.

Where this really comes into play is the republican primary. Where the better republican candidates may lose out because there are more conservative candicates that more closely reflect the views of the conservative party.

Regardless of who runs, the election will be close...AGAIN.

One exception. If is it mccain vs. Hillary, mccain wins in a landslide. Hillary will only get the pro-hillary voters. Many democrats will cross over, many republicans will be dismayed, but will vote for McCain. And the overwhelming majority of fringe voters will go to mccain. Hillary is very polarizing. About 25 percent of the population really likes her. Some will vote for her because of the D next to her name, but many will be turned off, and mccain gives them a good alternative (one that Bush or Rice doesnt give them)

Right, now the evangelicals are going to vote Democrat. :lol:

346083[/snapback]

No, just that a large number of them either won't vote, as in Clinton/Dole, or will vote for a third party anti-everything candidate who in reality doesn't have a snowball's chance.

JimBob,

There are conservatives. There are liberals. There are Republicans. There are Democrats. The first two are about fiscal matters and tax philosophy, the second pair are about social matters. I'm a conservative Democrat. I realize it's a force of habit, but the labels are not interchangable. I know a lot of Repubs and right-leaning types who say that McCain doesn't impress them. As I hear, he's got some explaining to do about his time as a POW.

JimBob,

There are conservatives. There are liberals. There are Republicans. There are Democrats. The first two are about fiscal matters and tax philosophy, the second pair are about social matters. I'm a conservative Democrat. I realize it's a force of habit, but the labels are not interchangable. I know a lot of Repubs and right-leaning types who say that McCain doesn't impress them. As I hear, he's got some explaining to do about his time as a POW.

I consider myself a conservative moreso than a republican. In fact recently I am beginning to move closer and closer to the libertarian side of things. However, I think one of the big mistakes we make as society is placing labels on groups of people. too many people vote for a candidate because of the letter next to their name, and not on what they stand for.

I do think your labels are a bit wrong. I dont think the term conservative and liberal is a reflection soley upon fiscal matters. And I dont like rep or dem is a reflection on just social matters. Many a democrat has run as being a "fiscal conservative". I have yet to hear the term "fiscal liberal". But again, I dont think its even important what we label people. We should be looking at they dynamics of the situation and not a letter next to a name.

McCain does not stand a chance of getting the Republican nomination. My early pick for the Reps would be Allen (if Rice does not run).

For the Dems, Kerry thinks he has the nomination wrapped up. Yeah, OK. :huh: I see Clinton as the nominee. Ried wants it bad. Pelosi wants it, but does not stand a chance. Expect Clinton, Kerry and Ried as the top three serious candidates. Clark will run again, but will fail as badly as the first time around.

As of right now, Crippen will not be running again. I am focused on Party stuff and will stick with that. I am working my way up the ladder and am happy with my progress.

Does anyone else find this remotely frightening?

346179[/snapback]

Gee, it is hard to imagine why we have the politicians we do, when the electorate says things like this. :huh:

Gee, it is hard to imagine why we have the politicians we do, when the electorate says things like this.  :huh:

346190[/snapback]

A Hilary Clinton presidency TERRIFIES me. Imagine what radical Islamists will think when they find out an anti-military FEMALE is president. They'll be slathering like rabid dogs.

The next election, barring another media driven national crisis, will be "American Idol goes DC".

It's not who the talking head is, it's the team behind them. I have no confidence that the Dems can put together a team willing to keep their eye on the ball. The "Neocon" Repubs can. Would pretty well be the same team, and that is not a bad thing. I know, I know...Halliburton, Flight suit, etc.... but behind the scenes, you have a good group here now. They just can't market it, because anything good going on can be seriously attacked in the media, and by the opposition. As always, works both ways. I'm personally grateful for the opportunity I've had to learn how things really work. That is why I don't suffer the soundbite mentality of those who can't stay off the cell phone discussing their American Idol vote very lightly.

We probably won't see it in our lifetimes, but maybe someday someone can pull it all together.

345911[/snapback]

Give me 20 years. :huh:

If only I had the chance...

"bring the usual gang of pinheads full bluster"

yeah...they'll probably start gloating about a poll for an election that is 3+ years away.    :huh:  :doh:

346267[/snapback]

Where's RCow when ya need him?