The Walls be Closing

Kemp

2 hours ago, Doc said:

So what?  It wasn't even his neighborhood.

Yeah!!!

The black guy was in the wrong neighborhood!!!!!

He should have been stalked!!!!!

39 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Are there any Trump supporters here?

Now, I do see quite a bit of Trump hate!

You mean all those folks here who defend Trump are closet Biden voters?

Are you one of those guys?

2 hours ago, Kemp said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/9-11-trump-tallest-building-manhattan-b2164420.html

Trump supporters here seem unable to come up with anything to justify this.

Wondering if any of them lost someone in 9/11. Normally I would say no, but after guys like Cruz bent over for Trump, I guess that wouldn't even slow them down in their devotion.

What a bunch of spineless nothings.

I didn't lose anyone close to me, but a friend of a friend worked at Cantor and was killed during the attack.  He was a good guy.  A friend's son's fiancee was killed by falling debris, and two very close friends lost a number of people from the town they lived in in NJ.  Finally, another friend and his wife were on the way down to the World Trade Center for their liquor business, made it as far as Yonkers and were turned back because of the attack. 

On the Trump comments, I kind of wondered why the clip started and ended so abruptly, so I went and listened to it.   It actually spans almost 10 minutes, and the message is quite a bit different than what you portray it to be.  The clip starts out with two smiling reporters, and the anchors specifically ask about his properties and his thoughts on the attack and how it impacted him and the landmark/marquis properties he owned and how this impacted them.  You can actually hear the deference in their voice, and the respect for the loss in his statements. 

Why do you suppose the entire clip wasn't aired?  Just an oversight, I guess. 

Btw, on 9/11, and the aftermath of the Khashogi murder...what are you thinking about this whole deal?  Looks like all is forgiven, I guess.  

https://apnews.com/article/biden-saudi-crown-prince-mohammed-handshake-g20-c33e0f9bd2c6aff967a9d3d61529d9bd

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

Yeah!!!

You mean all those folks here who defend Trump are closet Biden voters?

Are you one of those guys?

Or, you might be guilty, just slightly guilty, of taking any criticism of Biden, any criticism of the Dems as support of Trump. I didn't vote for Trump either time. I will not vote for Trump this next time. But I am most critical of Dems. Biden is just as corrupt. The MSM does carry Biden's and the Dem's water. Indicting your opponent is done by 3rd world dictatorships and is most unfortunate that its being done here in America.

I can say these things and not be a Trump supporter, right?

18 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Yeah!!!

You think Zimmerman was out there because he was bored?  No, the neighborhood had a bunch of break-ins.  So he sees someone unfamiliar who he thinks is acting suspicious and decides to follow him, which isn't against any law known to man.  But instead of going into his dad's house because he was so afraid of Zimmerman, he decided to assault him.  Just because he possibly profiled him?  I mean say what you want about being profiled but that doesn't give anyone the right to commit assault.

Edited by Doc

7 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I didn't lose anyone close to me, but a friend of a friend worked at Cantor and was killed during the attack.  He was a good guy.  A friend's son's fiancee was killed by falling debris, and two very close friends lost a number of people from the town they lived in in NJ.  Finally, another friend and his wife were on the way down to the World Trade Center for their liquor business, made it as far as Yonkers and were turned back because of the attack. 

On the Trump comments, I kind of wondered why the clip started and ended so abruptly, so I went and listened to it.   It actually spans almost 10 minutes, and the message is quite a bit different than what you portray it to be.  The clip starts out with two smiling reporters, and the anchors specifically ask about his properties and his thoughts on the attack and how it impacted him and the landmark/marquis properties he owned and how this impacted them.  You can actually hear the deference in their voice, and the respect for the loss in his statements. 

Why do you suppose the entire clip wasn't aired?  Just an oversight, I guess. 

Btw, on 9/11, and the aftermath of the Khashogi murder...what are you thinking about this whole deal?  Looks like all is forgiven, I guess.  

https://apnews.com/article/biden-saudi-crown-prince-mohammed-handshake-g20-c33e0f9bd2c6aff967a9d3d61529d9bd

So when Trump bragged about now having the tallest building in Manhattan, while the towers burned, you thought that was a normal thing to say at that time?

That he was lying is merely yet another example of how he is incapable of truth.

Would you have said something similar while thousands were dying?

Trying to gauge your humanity.

10 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Or, you might be guilty, just slightly guilty, of taking any criticism of Biden, any criticism of the Dems as support of Trump. I didn't vote for Trump either time. I will not vote for Trump this next time. But I am most critical of Dems. Biden is just as corrupt. The MSM does carry Biden's and the Dem's water. Indicting your opponent is done by 3rd world dictatorships and is most unfortunate that its being done here in America.

I can say these things and not be a Trump supporter, right?

Since you have raised the issue, who did you vote for?

Who will you vote for in 24?

2 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Since you have raised the issue, who did you vote for?

Who will you vote for in 24?

I didn't vote for either candidate, in either 16 or 20. I contributed to a couple of Rs and one D in the primaries.

I could have voted for the Biden ticket if he picked a decent, reasonable VP on his ticket. Imagine Kamala? My good lord!

12 hours ago, Doc said:

You think Zimmerman was out there because he was bored?  No, the neighborhood had a bunch of break-ins.  So he sees someone strange who is acting suspicious and decides to follow him which isn't against any law known to man.  But instead of going into his dad's house because he was so afraid of Zimmerman, he decided to assault him.  Just because he possibly profiled him?  I mean say what you want about being profiled but that doesn't give anyone the right to commit assault.

You keep saying the guy acted suspiciously and told us that the reason you know this is because the guy who shot him said so.

This is reasonable thought to you?

The cops explicitly told him to stop.

Imagine if the cops had killed Zimmerman because they said he was acting suspiciously and explicitly against what the cops had told him to do.

What would have been your reaction to that?

12 hours ago, Pokebball said:

I didn't vote for either candidate, in either 16 or 20. I contributed to a couple of Rs and one D in the primaries.

I could have voted for the Biden ticket if he picked a decent, reasonable VP on his ticket. Imagine Kamala? My good lord!

So, you skipped the election?

What about 24?

Edited by Kemp

8 minutes ago, Kemp said:

What about 24?

I skipped the POTUS box in both generals in 16 and 20. But I did vote for all all others. Voted for LIz Chaney in the 2020 primary.

Not sure yet for 2024. How could I possibly be? Lots can and probably will happen.

Who'd you vote for in 16 and 20?

Edited by Pokebball

40 minutes ago, Kemp said:

You keep saying the guy acted suspiciously and told us that the reason you know this is because the guy who shot him said so.

This is reasonable thought to you?

The cops explicitly told him to stop.

Imagine if the cops and killed Zimmerman because they said he was acting suspiciously and explicitly against what the cops had told him to do.

What would have been your reaction to that?

What about 24?

I didn't say he acted suspiciously: Zimmerman said it at the time of the incident.  IOW it wasn't after having time to reflect on what happened and choose his words carefully.

NBC edited the audio to make it sound like he said "This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black," to create a narrative.  Because they know how to get you.  And keep getting you.

And if Biden is running again in 24, who will you vote for?  That's right, the guy with the "D" next to his name.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Pokebball said:

I skipped the POTUS box in both generals in 16 and 20. But I did vote for all all others. Voted for LIz Chaney in the 2020 primary.

Not sure yet for 2024. How could I possibly be? Lots can and probably will happen.

Who'd you vote for in 16 and 20?

Both Dems.

12 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Not an empire.  Never were.  

The Republic.  The end of the Republic.  

But don’t worry.  Walls are closing.   

This Davis fellow is horrified by debt and for some reason left out Trump, the king of American debt.

11 hours ago, Doc said:

I didn't say he acted suspiciously: Zimmerman said it at the time of the incident.  IOW it wasn't after having time to reflect on what happened and choose his words carefully.

NBC edited the audio to make it sound like he said "This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black," to create a narrative.  Because they know how to get you.  And keep getting you.

And if Biden is running again in 24, who will you vote for?  That's right, the guy with the "D" next to his name.

You're repeating what I said.

The guy who killed another guy said he looked suspicious because he didn't recognize him. 

What made the murdered man suspicious other than he was walking.

Do you think this might have played out differently if Trayvon was white?

Would that have made him less suspicious?

What gave Zimmerman the right to stalk him?

Why didn't Zimmerman listen to the cops?

If Zimmerman was black and Trayvon was white and Zimmerman killed Trayvon, you think Zimmerman would be free today?

This is the guy you're backng:

In July 2005, Zimmerman was arrested after allegedly assaulting an undercover police officer who was attempting to arrest a friend of his at a bar. The charges were dropped after Zimmerman agreed to enter an alcohol education program. A month later in August, Zimmerman's former fiancé filed a restraining order against him, citing domestic violence as the cause.

In early 2011, Zimmerman participated in a citizen forum at the Sanford City Hall to protest against the beating of a black homeless man by the son of a white Sanford police officer. During the meeting, Zimmerman claimed he witnessed "disgusting behavior" while participating in a ride-along program with local police; however, the police department said later that it did not know when, if ever, Zimmerman was in that program.

Edited by Kemp
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

13 hours ago, Kemp said:

So when Trump bragged about now having the tallest building in Manhattan, while the towers burned, you thought that was a normal thing to say at that time?

That he was lying is merely yet another example of how he is incapable of truth.

Would you have said something similar while thousands were dying?

Trying to gauge your humanity.

I listened to the entire interview, the questions asked and answered provided. I noticed that the interviewers were engaged and engaging, seeking out guidance and feedback on specific questions.  In the moment, they were not outraged, offended, or quite nearly as impotently enraged as you claim to be today.

I think that’s because the interview was about specific issues, that all parties knew what those issues were because it was discussed before the interview took place.  Maybe though, they were in on it, Trump acolytes, and your humanity quest should be refocused to question their humanity? 

Special credit to you though, for not being pretend outraged about imagined racial/gender inequity in the makeup of the panel.  Usually you ask a poorly constructed question about Matt Gaetz and whether or not he would watch a show like that, or invite the interviewers to an imaginary bar mitzvah or “Sexy at Sixty” birthday party. 

I noticed you had no thoughts on Biden’s very close personal relationship with the Saudi prince. I’m shocked. 😉

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Kemp said:

You're repeating what I said.

The guy who killed another guy said he looked suspicious because he didn't recognize him. 

What made the murdered man suspicious other than he was walking.

Do you think this might have played out differently if Trayvon was white?

Would that have made him less suspicious?

What gave Zimmerman the right to stalk him?

Why didn't Zimmerman listen to the cops?

If Zimmerman was black and Trayvon was white and Zimmerman killed Trayvon, you think Zimmerman would be free today?

This is the guy you're backng:

In July 2005, Zimmerman was arrested after allegedly assaulting an undercover police officer who was attempting to arrest a friend of his at a bar. The charges were dropped after Zimmerman agreed to enter an alcohol education program. A month later in August, Zimmerman's former fiancé filed a restraining order against him, citing domestic violence as the cause.

In early 2011, Zimmerman participated in a citizen forum at the Sanford City Hall to protest against the beating of a black homeless man by the son of a white Sanford police officer. During the meeting, Zimmerman claimed he witnessed "disgusting behavior" while participating in a ride-along program with local police; however, the police department said later that it did not know when, if ever, Zimmerman was in that program.

It doesn't matter.  None of that gave Martin the right to assault Zimmerman instead of going inside his father's home.  

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I listened to the entire interview, the questions asked and answered provided. I noticed that the interviewers were engaged and engaging, seeking out guidance and feedback on specific questions.  In the moment, they were not outraged, offended, or quite nearly as impotently enraged as you claim to be today.

I think that’s because the interview was about specific issues, that all parties knew what those issues were because it was discussed before the interview took place.  Maybe though, they were in on it, Trump acolytes, and your humanity quest should be refocused to question their humanity? 

Special credit to you though, for not being pretend outraged about imagined racial/gender inequity in the makeup of the panel.  Usually you ask a poorly constructed question about Matt Gaetz and whether or not he would watch a show like that, or invite the interviewers to an imaginary bar mitzvah or “Sexy at Sixty” birthday party. 

I noticed you had no thoughts on Biden’s very close personal relationship with the Saudi prince. I’m shocked. 😉

On the interview with Trump, I didn't hear the part where they asked him if he now had the tallest building in Manhattan. I must have missed it.

Are you honestly saing that Trump's comments weren't reprehensible by any standard.

3,000 dead and his thoughts are on how tall his building is.

You really don't see that he cares about no one besides himself?

Frankly, I'm surprised you would want to bring up the Saudis, considering your position.

Are you referring to the Saudi who gifted Kushner with 2 billion dollars?

What exactly was the comparable with Biden that concerns you?

26 minutes ago, Doc said:

It doesn't matter.  None of that gave Martin the right to assault Zimmerman instead of going inside his father's home.  

Facts don't matter in the era of Trump.

Now we have alternative facts.

37 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Facts don't matter in the era of Trump.

Now we have alternative facts.

Right because Dems aren't huge liars.  LOL!  

ou can talk all you want but there was no justification for Martin to assault Zimmerman.  None.  You can keep bloviating all you want but them's the facts.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kemp said:

On the interview with Trump, I didn't hear the part where they asked him if he now had the tallest building in Manhattan. I must have missed it.

Are you honestly saing that Trump's comments weren't reprehensible by any standard.

3,000 dead and his thoughts are on how tall his building is.

You really don't see that he cares about no one besides himself?

Frankly, I'm surprised you would want to bring up the Saudis, considering your position.

Are you referring to the Saudi who gifted Kushner with 2 billion dollars?

What exactly was the comparable with Biden that concerns you?

We all have different questions, Kemp.  I am wondering why you're retroactively outraged about comments from 20+ years ago, considering only 20 seconds or so, with the narrative cut off in the middle of the dialogue.  It weird because there is no outrage, no hands raised in protest, no push back from the people doing the interview, in the actual moment.  Why do you think that is? 

As for caring about anyone but himself, I have voted for a long time on the premise that I choose the politician who is going to hurt me, or my family, less.  I don't think Obama cared one way or another about me, nor did Bush, Biden or Trump.  I know you're a Bidenista devoted to the guy, but that isn't me. 

As for the Saudis, I asked the question because I figured you would try and sneak past it and hope no one noticed. I always notice, usually let it pass, but figured this time I'd prompt you again for a reply. 

I think Biden has been in government for nearly 50 years, at the highest levels of our government, and has been one of the architects of American dependence on this shady and sketchy regime. 

https://www.state.gov/united-states-saudi-arabia-relationship-eight-decades-of-partnership/#:~:text=The United States is the,at more than %24140 billion.

I also believe he has routinely sold out the American people in pursuit of wealth and power, similar to what we see happening with the Senate hearings currently ongoing.

As for Kushner, I think the only reason you get your testes in a twist is because someone told you to be outraged at a private partnership with the Saudis, when the US government openly brags about the same type of relationship.  

I'm good with moving toward a cessation of relationship with the Saudis, but before you get to Kushner in 2020, you would be wise to clean up your own backyard first.  There's been clutter and garbage accumulating there since about 1975. 

Btw, nothing says valor and honor like lying about being present at hallowed ground as events unfolded.  

https://nypost.com/2023/09/11/biden-claims-he-was-at-ground-zero-day-after-9-11-but-his-own-book-puts-him-in-dc/

• Awesome! (+1) 1