The Walls be Closing

Kemp

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Just stop….he was NOT trying to overturn an election. 

Really.  So his own cabinet members, VP and employees are lying?  What would you suppose their motivation to do that is.? Some have lost their careers or even their freedom  from prison as a result.  As Barr said, trump leaves people in his wake and loyalty is a one way proposition.

Edited by redtail hawk

Just now, redtail hawk said:

Really.  So his own cabinet members, VP and employees are lying?  What would you suppose their motivation to do that is.? Some have lost their careers or even their freedom  from prison as a result.  As Barr said, trump leaves people in his wake and loyalty is a one way proposition.

Hawk…he wasn’t trying to ‘overturn an election’. He’s trying to use the parliamentary levers at his disposal to have the election certified in his favor. There’s a HUGE difference! 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Hawk…he wasn’t trying to ‘overturn an election’. He’s trying to use the parliamentary levers at his disposal to have the election certified in his favor. There’s a HUGE difference! 

nope.  no difference.  he lost, knew it and even discussed using martial law to remain.  That's not a parliamentary lever, nor is threatening his VP, orchestrating a fake elector scheme, demanding votes be found or encouraging an insurrection.  If he had stopped after 60 failed lawsuits and multiple failed recounts, you'd be correct.  But he did not.  By a long shot.

Just now, redtail hawk said:

nope.  no difference.  he lost, knew it and even discussed using martial law to remain.  That's not a parliamentary lever, nor is threatening his VP, orchestrating a fake elector scheme, demanding votes be found or encouraging an insurrection.  If he had stopped after 60 failed lawsuits and multiple failed recounts, you'd be correct.  But he did not.  By a long shot.

Do you recall how Obamacare was passed? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Do you recall how Obamacare was passed? 

yes.  And I don't recall an insurrection, martial law or fake electors.  wtf is wrong with you?  Do you dream of chaos and authoritarianism?  do you win in that scenario?  I suppose we both could but at the expense of our souls.

Edited by redtail hawk

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

There’s nothing wrong with me. I’m just not a partisan stooge. 

This was added.  wanna make sure you get a chance to answer

Do you dream of chaos and authoritarianism?  do you win in that scenario?  I suppose we both could but at the expense of our souls.

Edited just now by redtail hawk

Edited by redtail hawk

1 minute ago, redtail hawk said:

This was added.  wanna make sure you get a chance to answer

Do you dream of chaos and authoritarianism?  do you win in that scenario?  I suppose we both could but at the expense of our souls.

Edited just now by redtail hawk

I’ll ask again…Do you recall how Obamacare was passed? 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

And you want to live in a country where politicians are put in prison for lying? We’re gonna be in short supply of politicians! 😉

Oh you understand that the lies led to violence. Why are you pretending otherwise? 

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

And you don’t believe that democrats have told lies that resulted in violence? 

not in the Capitol while trying to overturn a prez election.  how many pages in the fascist handbook are devoted to the art of whataboutism?

Edited by redtail hawk

1 minute ago, redtail hawk said:

not in the Capitol while trying to overturn a prez election.  how many pages in the fascist handbook are devoted to the art of whataboutism?

He was NOT trying to overturn an election. Just because you keep saying something, it doesn’t make it true. 

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

He was NOT trying to overturn an election. Just because you keep saying something, it doesn’t make it true. 

it's true on it's face.  Wait til they call Pence and Barr to testify to it.  They've already said it publicly and repeatedly to investigators but not under oath in a nationally televised trial.  Even after that you'll cling to this lie.  but it is a tactic used by trump.  Stephanie Grisham has said that trump often told her that if you repeat a lie enough times it becomes truth.

Edited by redtail hawk

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

we're both from Lewiston so not all that surprising.  Similar, happy upbringing I suspect..

Did they ever clean up that  radioactive waste from WWII? I think  it leaked in the water table.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Did they ever clean up that  radioactive waste from WWII? I think  it leaked in the water table.

I actually was involved in monitoring it for a short time.  levels were low but I saw some 2 headed deer near Balmer rd.

interesting commentary although she is, admittedly, a scary broad.  he seems attracted to the demonic look.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2023/08/02/trump-indictment-2020-election-grisham-jack-smith-ebof-vpx.cnn

Edited by redtail hawk

7 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

it's true on it's face.  Wait til they call Pence and Barr to testify to it.  They've already said it publicly and repeatedly to investigators but not under oath in a nationally televised trial.  Even after that you'll cling to this lie.  but it is a tactic used by trump.  Stephanie Grisham has said that trump often told her that if you repeat a lie enough times it becomes truth.

That also what George Costanza says! 😁

But once again…do you recall how Obamacare was passed?