The Walls be Closing

Kemp

53 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Partisanship has so broken your brain that you can no longer see reality and you reject it when it confronts you.  

Instead of assuming I’m in the tank for Biden, you could have just asked what I thought of him. I’ve told you that I didn’t support him in the 2020 primaries. Of the major candidates, he was probably only above Bernie in my rankings. I didn’t want him to run for reelection and I’m disappointed that he is. If he committed crimes, he should pay for them. 

But me simply trying to explain facts to you comes off as partisan because when you live in a world of falsehoods, actual factual reality is an attack against you. 

Hillary, Pence, and Biden* haven’t been charged with crimes because the feds did not believe they could prove intent. Trump has decided to be a textbook case on how to demonstrate intent to a jury. That’s the difference. If he had never tried to deceive his own lawyer, he wouldn’t be in this mess. 

You’re also comparing a “regular schmoe” to elected and/or Senate confirmed officials. When classified docs go missing, the priority is recovering them. Prosecuting everyone who ended up with them would create an incentive for people who truly had them accidentally to hide them or even destroy them. So while they may face discipline from their employers, they generally only get charged if the Feds can prove that they either intended to take them or, upon learning they had them, did not immediately notify the government and cooperate with returning them. 

And I think it’s pretty fitting to the complete lack of understanding that you have so far demonstrated on these matters that you cite the lack of indictment of the president by an investigation predicated on the fact that it cannot indict the president as evidence of literally anything. The Mueller Report was a road map to impeachment but as he explicitly stated in the report, he was never going to charge the president no matter the crimes he found (and by the way, in addition to all of the other crimes he charged, he also found that Trump himself committed multiple crimes).

Maybe try staying in your lane if you’re going to insist on listening to people who are either lying to you or too ignorant to know what the hell they are talking about. 

*The Special Counsel investigation into Biden is still ongoing so this may change if new facts develop. 

LMAO!  That's rich coming from you.  You can't accept "reality" and instead hide behind "proving it to a jury."  I've never been sued but have seen enough presentations on and from lawyers to know how you all operate.

47 minutes ago, Doc said:

LMAO!  That's rich coming from you.  You can't accept "reality" and instead hide behind "proving it to a jury."  I've never been sued but have seen enough presentations on and from lawyers to know how you all operate.

I appreciate you proving my point. Thank you. 

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

She's my fav legal reporter but is limited to SCOTUS.  https://www.pbs.org/newshour/author/mcoyle

Who do you think is good?

Depends on what you’re looking for. I’m a big fan of Lawfare. They have really good coverage of national security legal issues. Same with Just Security

I tend to follow reporters on specific beats (like Nina Totenberg for SCOTUS), and that ends up with recommendations of their peers at other orgs and you can collect a good number of people on the ground covering legal issues. 

As someone who listens to a lot of podcasts, I also enjoy The Lawfare Podcast, Rational Security,  Stay Tuned with Preet, Serious Trouble, National Security Law Podcast, among others.

I think those are good starting points  When they have interesting guests, I might check up on them and see what they are doing. 

• Like (+1) 2

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4102033-ex-trump-chief-of-staff-kelly-says-second-term-would-be-nonstop-gunfight/

“The depths of his dishonesty is just astounding to me. The dishonesty, the transactional nature of every relationship, though it’s more pathetic than anything else. He is the most flawed person I have ever met in my life,” Kelly told friends, according to a report by CNN in 2020.

Kelly has also spoken about Trump’s ongoing legal battles, including the federal indictment against him where he pleaded not guilty to 37 counts of mishandling classified documents and attempting to keep them from the government.

“He’s scared s—less,” Kelly told The Washington Post. “This is the way he compensates for that. He gives people the appearance he doesn’t care by doing this.”

Edited by redtail hawk

6 minutes ago, Kemp said:

The Walls Be Closing.

The only things that can save his fat ass are jury nullification or a crooked judge.

A Republican winning the White House in 2024 probably ends his exposure for federal crimes. 

• Angry 1

16 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

A Republican winning the White House in 2024 probably ends his exposure for federal crimes. 

If he's convicted and jailed before then, the fascists will already be committing heinous crimes.

Cult members don't like their cult leader being convicted.

Their goal will become civil war. They're already saying just that.

Bad as that is, it's far better than allowing the fascists to take over the government. 

Trump has sure been great for America.

7 minutes ago, Kemp said:

If he's convicted and jailed before then, the fascists will already be committing heinous crimes.

Cult members don't like their cult leader being convicted.

Their goal will become civil war. They're already saying just that.

Bad as that is, it's far better than allowing the fascists to take over the government. 

Trump has sure been great for America.

I honestly have a hard time seeing the trial for his federal crimes being concluded before next Fall. Especially since Trump's strategy is to delay as much as possible. 

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

TDS is amazing to witness.

All day every day in here. its a bit twisted that its the left constantly talking about trump and in a strange twist,  seem to have a lot of pictures of the orange guy  as well.  

Welp. in an interesting twist, this update has the "Defund police, courts can't be trusted crowd" to cheer.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

All day every day in here. its a bit twisted that its the left constantly talking about trump and in a strange twist,  seem to have a lot of pictures of the orange guy  as well.  

Welp. in an interesting twist, this update has the "Defund police, courts can't be trusted crowd" to cheer.

Geez, I wonder why...the group think we witness here has it's basis in that human turd.  He tells you what to believe and you believe.  He tells you to attack the capitol and you do.  He tells you that Covid will be over by Easter and you believe him and go about your lives as if everything is fine, he tells you he's innocent...

So were really not only concentrating on trump as a threat but also on people like you.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Geez, I wonder why...the group think we witness here has it's basis in that human turd.  He tells you what to believe and you believe.  He tells you to attack the capitol and you do.  He tells you that Covid will be over by Easter and you believe him and go about your lives as if everything is fine, he tells you he's innocent...

So were really not only concentrating on trump as a threat but also on people like you.

LOL, back to the script where you rage about trump then try to call anyone that doesn't agree with your corporate current thing script, bad.  and comes off as projecting.

and its always the same.

Any of those witch hunts or criminal charges stick?  

Edited by Chris farley
  • Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

LOL, back to the script where you rage about trump then try to call anyone that doesn't agree with your corporate current thing script, bad.  and comes off as projecting.

and its always the same.

Any of those witch hunts or criminal charges stick?  

Not sure if you noticed but I don't use a script.  I frequently cite salient and relevant quotations from those in the middle of the storm.  Perhaps you should try it...

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1