McKenzie Signing With The Colts

Búfalo Blanco

9 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I realize you’ve loved Lil Dummy for years and battled hard for him in spite of routinely poor play. But I have faith that as weeks turn into years and he’s never heard from again, you’ll eventually come around..

Let me try to spell it out for you:

1) you laughed uproariously at McKenzie being reported cut from the Colts

2) a Colts NFL Insider pointed out that sometimes players are cut during roster manipulation, then re-signed

3) that is, in fact, what happened with McKenzie, as the Colts have now resigned him

Why you can't process these simple facts and have to project some kind of personal quest into it instead, I don't understand, but You Do You.

23 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Cut! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!🤣😂

Aged well....Not.

18 hours ago, Beck Water said:

and here we go: Re-signed

Edited by Beck Water

5 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

I get it.  McKenzie was never a high-end talent, and his failures are more his own than anyone else's.   

I never expected Lil Dirty to be a huge contributor as a gadget guy who could do end-arounds, bubble-screens etc.   But smart X-and-O guys can do wonderful things sometimes with guys who possess one-dimensional skill sets.  For example, look at the production Chan Gailey got out of CJ Spiller 2012-2013. 

McKenzie wasn't cut out to be Beasley's replacement.  But I do think Dorsey could have gotten a little more out of McKenzie's quickness than he did.

Before you invoke Chan any further..........Lil' Dummy is not even remotely close to a CJ Spiller type physical talent at his position........McKenzie is JAG.  

When Spiller was in Buffalo he was the most physically gifted player on the offense so Gailey was truly compelled to make it work.

And after Dummy played such a HUGE role in nearly single-handedly costing the team a win in KC and of course running out the clock in Miami...........I don't blame Dorsey for not going out of his way to find touches for that dunce. :lol:

11 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

He was resigned by the Colts.   How does that feel?

I’m fine with it. Any team who signs him isn’t a serious contender.

4 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Let me try to spell it out for you:

1) you laughed uproariously at McKenzie being reported cut from the Colts

2) a Colts NFL Insider pointed out that sometimes players are cut during roster manipulation, then re-signed

3) that is, in fact, what happened with McKenzie, as the Colts have now resigned him

Why you can't process these simple facts and have to project some kind of personal quest into it instead, I don't understand, but You Do You.

Aged well....Not.

He sucks. Plain & simple. But I’m good with any team signing him cuz that means they’re not a serious contender 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

Bills sign McK - what a steal. He is so underrated.

Colts cut McK - Haha. He sucks. So glad we are not signing guys like McK anymore. 

So you are saying it took more opportunity for McKenzie for folks to realize how bad he is?

Accurate.

But now all but a few people who still want to "get him in space" know that he sucks.

Edited by BADOLBILZ

4 hours ago, ngbills said:

Bills sign McK - what a steal. He is so underrated.

I seem to recall a healthy dose of trepidation when we claimed McKenzie off waivers, because of his six fumbles as a rookie PR

But I also recall that our receiving alternatives at the time were Zay Jones, Robert Foster, and Fat Kelvin Benjamin not to mention Andre Holmes and Deonte Thompson

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.