Did you ever go to school with anyone famous?

Another Fan

2 hours ago, jayg said:

High School:

Tim Legler/ NBA/ESPN

Debbie Matenopoulos/ Television host

College:

Andrew Winn/ Solo musician and band was Agents of Good Roots. He is also a friend of Dave Mattews. 

Stefan Lessard/ bassist for Dave Mattews Band.

Various band members of GWAR and Lamb of God.

Andrew and the GWAR guys are the only ones I actually know/knew.

Stefan blocked me on twitter a LOONG time ago. LOL (and I love DMB, been to like 10 concerts). 

• Haha (+1) 1

I live in the small town that Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani (my future wife) lives in here in Oklahoma (Tishomingo, population of 3200). 

A friend of mine, who I went to school with, is on the Oklahoma supreme court. He was appointed by Kevin Stitt (Oklahoma governor) who is a frat brother of mine from Oklahoma State. We lived in the house together from 1993-95.

That's about it. 

not really.  in  high school we had a couple of guys that went pro in hockey.  very productive careers but unless you were local or really into hockey, i'm not sure anyone would know them.  same as college...mostly hockey pros, and i have a story where liz hasselback molested one of my roommates.  

19 hours ago, teef said:

not really.  in  high school we had a couple of guys that went pro in hockey.  very productive careers but unless you were local or really into hockey, i'm not sure anyone would know them.  same as college...mostly hockey pros, and i have a story where liz hasselback molested one of my roommates.  

Did you go to BC?  

1 minute ago, teef said:

yup.  i was there in the mid to later 90s.

No shite!  A HS friend of mine, JD Forrest, played hockey there for 4 years and won the natty in 2001 (I believe his senior season).  I visited there a couple times and partied with the hockey team.  Good times.  AWESOME campus.

3 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Clint Hurtt, current Seahawks DC was a few years ahead of me in HS.  He was a monster.  Injuries derailed his playing career at the U, it's been cool to see his coaching career advance.

It's too bad that Clint Hurt so much that he couldn't play anymore.

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

No shite!  A HS friend of mine, JD Forrest, played hockey there for 4 years and won the natty in 2001 (I believe his senior season).  I visited there a couple times and partied with the hockey team.  Good times.  AWESOME campus.

i don't remember the name, but he might have been a freshman when i was a senior.  was he on the same team as brian gionta?  

out of all of the major sports, we hung out with the hockey players the most.  did you ever happen to go to a party on campus in an area that looked like little houses?  they were called the mods, and we always had that crew over as their dorm was right next to our house.

7 minutes ago, teef said:

i don't remember the name, but he might have been a freshman when i was a senior.  was he on the same team as brian gionta?  

out of all of the major sports, we hung out with the hockey players the most.  did you ever happen to go to a party on campus in an area that looked like little houses?  they were called the mods, and we always had that crew over as their dorm was right next to our house.

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=51185

Yeah, he was a freshman at BC in 2000 and graduated in 2004 so you probably didn’t know him.  He was a year behind me in school, but left to play prep hockey/USA development team after his sophomore year.

I honestly don’t remember much about my visits to BC 😂.   My sister was living in Brookline with my future BIL, and we went over to visit JD a couple times.  I do remember going to some house parties and hitting up some bars.  Fun times for sure.  My friend, Scott Padlick, also went to BC.  He was a couple years older than me.

33 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=51185

Yeah, he was a freshman at BC in 2000 and graduated in 2004 so you probably didn’t know him.  He was a year behind me in school, but left to play prep hockey/USA development team after his sophomore year.

I honestly don’t remember much about my visits to BC 😂.   My sister was living in Brookline with my future BIL, and we went over to visit JD a couple times.  I do remember going to some house parties and hitting up some bars.  Fun times for sure.  My friend, Scott Padlick, also went to BC.  He was a couple years older than me.

Dude…I know Scott fairly well!  He wasn’t in my immediate group, be we were very close with his guys.  He graduated in 99. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.