Pure and simple, Brady bashers

Buftex

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what would be best described as Brady envy.  It's very simple.  NE decided to keep Brady over Bledsoe and traded him here.  They go on to win 2 out of the last 3 SB's, while the guy they cast off, has struggled for the better part of a year and a half.  The more Bledsoe struggles, the more people dislike Brady.

25803[/snapback]

That's it in a nutshell, you are 100% correct in your analysis.

With 2 SB MVPs & 2 rings in 3 years, Brady is a virtual lock for the HOF...

His performance in last night's game was very minor when compared

to his other achievements, yet it's funny how so many in here have finally "seen the light" today. :)

What is wrong with saying that a player on another team is good??  Does every player in the NFL have to fall under the category of "HE SUCKS" just because they are not on the Bills???

25855[/snapback]

That's funny...I don't remember saying he sucks....

Any QB that has 8-10 seconds to throw will be able to pick apart a defense.  All the credit goes to the Pats O-line.

25834[/snapback]

Detox, did you watch the game last night? Brady was flushed out of the pocket on numrous occaisions, and made some stellar thorws. Did it ever occur to anyone that Brady makes his O-line look better. It is any coincidence that the guy who took snaps behind that O-line was one of the most sacked QB's in NFL history for a three year stretch. Is it any coincidence that the Patriots won 2 Super Bowls in the last three years, with a very suspect running game? Brady hardly had 8-10 seconds in the pocket last night. When he had time, it was normally because he baught himself time.

I wouldn't say that people who don't think Brady is a great QB don't know football...but it's either that or they're so blinded by their hatred of the Pats that it clouds their judgement or they're just unwilling to admit they were wrong and give the guy some props.

I used to think Brady could only dink and dunk it down the field, but after watching him last season I was convinced that this guy was a fantastic QB. He makes great decisions, has an amazing knack for stepping around in the pocket to avoid pressure and throws THE MOST ACCURATE BALL in the NFL. Anybody who likes watching good football should enjoy seeing this guy perform.

All this "system QB" stuff is a bunch of crap. There are no QBs whose offenses are't taylored around their specific talents. What makes Brady any different than these QBs? When people say "he's a system QB" that makes it sound like ANY QB could step into that offense and do the same things Brady is doing and that's just not so. Case in point: Drew Bledsoe. Brady runs that offense to perfection and he deserves a lot of credit.

You are right....YOU don't know football.  He throws a good ball, and is smart but he is a SYSTEM QB. Put him on any other team in the NFL and he doesn't do nearly as well. I HAVE watched him and can say that with 100% certainty.

25789[/snapback]

Thanks, ICE -- that settles it. If you're 100% certain that Brady is merely a "system QB" (however you define that) then buftex must be 100% correct.

There are two hats that I wear when it comes to football: My "diehard Bills fan" hat and my "I love football" hat. This is a Buffalo Bills message board, thus I tend to have my first hat on when Im here. When I'm in that mode, the Bills friggin rule and your team - ANY other team - sucks. Same goes with the players - Bills players rule, and the players on your team suck! If I'm talking just as a football fan, I can sit here and talk objectively about Brady, or any other player, team, coach, philosophy, etc you want. But when I'm in Bills fan mode, I don't feel ANY OBLIGATION WHATSOEVER to acknowledge the success of any other team or player other than the Bills. So as long as this is a Bills board, I could care less how great YOU think Tom Brady or the Patriots are. I just assume hack all over em instead.

Living in Boston, I may hate the Patriots more than anybody, but I will admit Brady is solid. I don't care if it is used against me. He comes to play every game. I hate the Patriots but respect Brady, even though he carries a purse....anybody that doesn't respect him is just ignorant...

There aren't many QBs who've played who'd have been successful in every offense ever devised. Joe Montana was the ultimate "system QB" who benefitted more than any other player from the talent around him and the fair weather he played most of his career in. Does that mean he sucked, was average, or doesn't belong in the HOF? Apparently not.

It's no coincidence that Tom Brady is regularly compared to Montana - especially by those who knew Joe best (Bill Walsh and other Niner coaches).

It's amazing to me that people who spent last season bitching so loudly about how our scheme wasn't tailored to our athletes' ability now make exactly the opposite argument about a player on a team that does. Hello?

There are two hats that I wear when it comes to football: My "diehard Bills fan" hat and my "I love football" hat. This is a Buffalo Bills message board, thus I tend to have my first hat on when Im here. When I'm in that mode, the Bills friggin rule and your team - ANY other team - sucks. Same goes with the players - Bills players rule, and the players on your team suck!  If I'm talking just as a football fan, I can sit here and talk objectively about Brady, or any other player, team, coach, philosophy, etc you want. But when I'm in Bills fan mode, I don't feel ANY OBLIGATION WHATSOEVER to acknowledge the success of any other team or player other than the Bills. So as long as this is a Bills board, I could care less how great YOU think Tom Brady or the Patriots are. I just assume hack all over em instead.

26080[/snapback]

I also wear two-hats when watching football. One is the " I love the Bills " hat and the other is " I hate everyone else " hat. The trick to watching games my way is deciding which team you hate more then rooting for the team you hate the least.

true RE: Brady and his 'bashers'. ludicrously blind.

but hey foxboromike: why...o why must you continue to bash bledsoe at every turn? Did he hurt you THAT bad? It was old a long time ago...

26115[/snapback]

Look at your avatar. Why do you hate Wannstedt so?

The truth is why does anyone bash who they bash? We all have people we don't like. Tom Brady is the object of more irrational hatred on this site than anyone I've ever seen.

In all seriousness, I've cut waaaay back on bashing Drew. I've been downgraded to merely "taking swipes" at 'ol #11. :)

There' s a difference between "hating" a player and not feeling any obligation to sing his praises over and over and OVER again when he's not even on the team you root for. I'm sure Brady's a fine gay.....I mean GUY.....off the field. I don't hate him in the slightest, but I sure as hell am not going to worry whether other BILLS fans are gloating all over him.

There' s a difference between "hating" a player and not feeling any obligation to sing his praises over and over and OVER again when he's not even on the team you root for. I'm sure Brady's a fine gay.....I mean GUY.....off the field. I don't hate him in the slightest, but I sure as hell am not going to worry whether other BILLS fans are gloating all over him.

26129[/snapback]

You seem kind of obssessed with the Brady/gay thing in multiple threads. Are you trying to tell us something?

You seem kind of obssessed with the Brady/gay thing in multiple threads.  Are you trying to tell us something?

26131[/snapback]

Well, yeah.....Tom Brady is the best homosexual quarterback in football today :)

If anyone can still contend, after last night, that Tom Brady is not one of the best QB's in the game, or maybe even one of the all-timers, you really don't know football.  That argument that some of trot out that Brady is a system qb, or that he has all day, don't watch.  All QB's are "system QQB's".  Brady had a ton of pressure on him last night, made some of the tightest passes you will ever see, and made very few errors.  Stop hating the Patriots so much, that you can't enjoy what a great game NFL football is.  Brady has everything, IMO, he is the best QB in the game right now.  Manning and McNair have lots going for them, but they always seem to come up short.  All the bemoaning that there are no great QB's in the game anymore just does not wash. 

Sorry, had to get it off my chest.  I hate the Patriots too, but I love the game more than I could hate any team (except the fish)! :)

25745[/snapback]

Agreed...and I've been saying this forever here to no avail...

The Bills are 1st and formost, and always will be to me...But I love Michigan Football too, so it's tough for me to hate Brady except when he lines up against us.

There is nothing Brady can do to further his status as one of the best QB's in the Game period. Yes the system helps, but if your certain Brady can't get it done in another system...well then you don't know Tom Brady. This guy will run through walls for his Team, he's one of the hardest working players in the NFL, let alone QB's. He's tireless in his preperation, and he simply would not allow any stone to be unturned regardless of what system he was in. Just so happens he lucked out and got some of the best Offensive Coaching and Game Planning around in NE. But mark my words he would be good anywhere, under any Coach. Maybe not as good as he is in NE, but he would still be one of the better QB's in the League period...End of story...

I know a few people who definitely know Football, and they are the NE Players...Ask any NE Player on Offense or Defense what they think of TB. Ask Lawyer Milloy, Ty Law, etc... His Teammates, even his ex-Teammates practically worship TB...That says it all to Me... It's not just the system, the guy can flat out Play...

Look at your avatar.  Why do you hate Wannstedt so? 

The truth is why does anyone bash who they bash?  We all have people we don't like.  Tom Brady is the object of more irrational hatred on this site than anyone I've ever seen.

In all seriousness, I've cut waaaay back on bashing Drew.  I've been downgraded to merely "taking swipes" at 'ol #11.  :)

26119[/snapback]

i don't hate wannstedt. in fact, i have a good deal of respect for the guy. i simply thought that pic was funny. i never "bash him". not his fault that his owner is clueless and his RB is a pothead.

The remarks I see here about bledsoe come off as juvenile and obsessive.

Just FYI

It's amazing to me that people who spent last season bitching so loudly about how our scheme wasn't tailored to our athletes' ability now make exactly the opposite argument about a player on a team that does.

26088[/snapback]

Ain't that the truth.