Texas & Zero U to join SEC for the 2024 season.

Cynical

I had a feeling it was going to take place. I told my friends, including one who played football at OU in the mid-90's, that OU and Texas would be gone after the 2023 season. He argued with me. 

(I'm an Okie)

Going to miss Bedlam football. I don't give a crap about Texas... they've been a JOKE for a while now. My Cowboys have DOMINATED them since like 2010. But, oh well. Going to push Oklahoma State to the #1 Big XII spot with OU gone. We've been 2nd in wins over the past 20 or so seasons, only behind the cheaters. 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 2/10/2023 at 10:30 AM, ArdmoreRyno said:

I had a feeling it was going to take place. I told my friends, including one who played football at OU in the mid-90's, that OU and Texas would be gone after the 2023 season. He argued with me. 

(I'm an Okie)

Going to miss Bedlam football. I don't give a crap about Texas... they've been a JOKE for a while now. My Cowboys have DOMINATED them since like 2010. But, oh well. Going to push Oklahoma State to the #1 Big XII spot with OU gone. We've been 2nd in wins over the past 20 or so seasons, only behind the cheaters. 

It is only a matter of time before Sarkisian builds a high quality team in Texas. I think that he is the best offensive mind in all of football. When Saban retires I hope that Sark coaches the Crimson Tide.

As always, jmo.

14 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

It is only a matter of time before Sarkisian builds a high quality team in Texas. I think that he is the best offensive mind in all of football. When Saban retires I hope that Sark coaches the Crimson Tide.

As always, jmo.

"All of football?" Really? He is top 3 in college football. But his stint as Falcons OC he was totally and utterly exposed. They had an average points drop of 11 points per game from the previous year with Shanahan and were atrocious in the redzone. This despite having a really talented offensive roster including 3 all pros and the MVP from the prior season. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

"All of football?" Really? He is top 3 in college football. But his stint as Falcons OC he was totally and utterly exposed. They had an average points drop of 11 points per game from the previous year with Shanahan and were atrocious in the redzone. This despite having a really talented offensive roster including 3 all pros and the MVP from the prior season. 

Yet another example of you being dismissive of great coaches. You called Saban a "JAG" in the NFL in spite the team's refusal to bring in Drew Brees, and the things he accomplished as the DC on the Cleveland Browns. 

Now it is Sark's turn in the barrel. So be it. He will probably never return to the NFL because the the enormous salaries being paid now to college head coaches.  It is easier to coach in the NFL than in college imo, especially now due to NIL. That said, I am guessing that many NFL teams would be glad to hire Sark. If you don't believe me, ask Brian Daboll, Kirby Smart, Lane Kiffen, or one of the other coaches who had their careers saved by Saban. and are now multi-millionaires.

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

Yet another example of you being dismissive of great coaches. You called Saban a "JAG" in the NFL in spite the team's refusal to bring in Drew Brees, and the things he accomplished as the DC on the Cleveland Browns. 

Now it is Sark's turn in the barrel. So be it. He will probably never return to the NFL because the the enormous salaries being paid now to college head coaches.  It is easier to coach in the NFL than in college imo, especially now due to NIL. That said, I am guessing that many NFL teams would be glad to hire Sark. If you don't believe me, ask Brian Daboll, Kirby Smart, Lane Kiffen, or one of the other coaches who had their careers saved by Saban. and are now multi-millionaires.

Saban was a JAG in the NFL. He didn't suck but he was a JAG and ran away. He is the best college coach of all time. But he wasn't a great coach in the NFL. Sark actually sucked at Atlanta. He made the offense infinitely worse and was rightly fired. Lane Kiffin sucked in the NFL too. 

On 2/12/2023 at 12:11 PM, Bill from NYC said:

As always, jmo.

There's ZERO reason Texas can't be a top 5 team every year. They have more money, more recruiting access than any team in the country, etc. Texas' issue has been their Athletics Dept. and president. Hell, they fired Tom Herman after a 4-0 bowl record and 32–18 overall record. Why? Because they only beat OU once in his tenure. Don't beat OU = fired

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/14/2023 at 9:28 AM, ArdmoreRyno said:

There's ZERO reason Texas can't be a top 5 team every year. They have more money, more recruiting access than any team in the country, etc. Texas' issue has been their Athletics Dept. and president. Hell, they fired Tom Herman after a 4-0 bowl record and 32–18 overall record. Why? Because they only beat OU once in his tenure. Don't beat OU = fired

Sark is an offensive genius imo. I wish that he was staying in the Big 12.

On 2/20/2023 at 9:08 AM, ArdmoreRyno said:

Has it resulted in wins as a head coach? 

I am reasonably sure that it will. We both well know that football is an offense dominated sport both in the NFL and the NCAA. 

Some Alabama Fans think that Kiffen was a better offensive offensive mind that Sark. I disagree but concede that Sark did have more to work with, especially with the team that beat Ohio State. That team was stacked!!! Still, Sark was a relentless attacker of opposing defenses.

Sark succeeding at Texas is not in my best interest as a Crimson Tide Fan but it WILL happen imo. I would not mind at all if Sark takes the reins when Coach Saban retires. 

Jmo.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

AHHHHH it makes sense now. You just hate the SEC hahahahahahahahaha 

I don't hate the SEC at all. My youngest daughter goes to Ole Miss. I pull for them and Arkansas (close tied to Oklahoma State) all the time. I've been to a half dozen Ole Miss home games the past 2 years. 

I'm not a fan of Alabama or Saban... after ESPN allowing him on the air during a 44-3 beat down in Bedlam in 2011 so he could cheerlead why Alabama (who didn't win their DIVISION) should get to replay LSU in the title game over Oklahoma State. Alabama to me are college football's Patriots. Sick of them. 

SEC is the best conference, hands down, in college football and has for a good decade + 

Don't hate them at all. I guess I have to suck Stark's **** or I hate the SEC? Okay dude. LOL 

Your cluelessness about Big XII football is pretty glaring. 

Looking at all your posts about Quentin Johnston, which there's A LOT tells me you have something personal against the guy. Again, you must be a Michigan fan. Sour grapes. 

Edited by ArdmoreRyno
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 2/22/2023 at 9:30 AM, ArdmoreRyno said:

I don't hate the SEC at all. My youngest daughter goes to Ole Miss. I pull for them and Arkansas (close tied to Oklahoma State) all the time. I've been to a half dozen Ole Miss home games the past 2 years. 

I'm not a fan of Alabama or Saban... after ESPN allowing him on the air during a 44-3 beat down in Bedlam in 2011 so he could cheerlead why Alabama (who didn't win their DIVISION) should get to replay LSU in the title game over Oklahoma State. Alabama to me are college football's Patriots. Sick of them. 

SEC is the best conference, hands down, in college football and has for a good decade + 

Don't hate them at all. I guess I have to suck Stark's **** or I hate the SEC? Okay dude. LOL 

Your cluelessness about Big XII football is pretty glaring. 

Looking at all your posts about Quentin Johnston, which there's A LOT tells me you have something personal against the guy. Again, you must be a Michigan fan. Sour grapes. 

I'm not a Michigan fan. 

It's been 3 posts prior to yours... what are you talking about dude LOL. When someone posts about him, I input my opinion which is what you do on a message board... 

Hmmm my cluelessness on Big 12, this year I went to a game at Baylor, OK St, OU(because I lived in Norman for football season), and TCU.... good try again bubba. 

I think your hardness for the Big12 is absolutely hilarious. You love this Johnston kid and he has done nothing special and not a single play he made, made you go "WOW! Great play" Cool, he catches and runs fast....... so does everyone in the NFL. So did JJ Arcega Whiteside. So did Laquon Treadwell 

My other favorite was "He WaS a OnE mAn ShOw" while Duggan had 3700 yards and 32 TDs while Johnston barely scratched 1k yards 6 TDs.. but yeah, IM the clueless one. 

Zay Flowers will have an infinitely better career than Johnston and it wont be close. A guy that actually was a one man show, didnt have a heisman QB

Edited by warrior9

14 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

I'm not a Michigan fan. 

It's been 3 posts prior to yours... what are you talking about dude LOL. When someone posts about him, I input my opinion which is what you do on a message board... 

Hmmm my cluelessness on Big 12, this year I went to a game at Baylor, OK St, OU(because I lived in Norman for football season), and TCU.... good try again bubba. 

I think your hardness for the Big12 is absolutely hilarious. You love this Johnston kid and he has done nothing special and not a single play he made, made you go "WOW! Great play" Cool, he catches and runs fast....... so does everyone in the NFL. So did JJ Arcega Whiteside. So did Laquon Treadwell 

My other favorite was "He WaS a OnE mAn ShOw" while Duggan had 3700 yards and 32 TDs while Johnston barely scratched 1k yards 6 TDs.. but yeah, IM the clueless one. 

Zay Flowers will have an infinitely better career than Johnston and it wont be close. A guy that actually produced in college. 

Guess we will see! Not sure how many times I have to tell ya... I'm an Oklahoma State fan but I'm not clueless to think the Big XII defenses are top notch, but compared to the SEC... it's up and down as good. 4 Big XII teams and 4 SEC teams in the top 30 defensively. Take away UGA? SEC is pretty lousy today with their defenses. NOT any better than the Big XII defenses as a whole. 

"Done nothing special"

Edited by ArdmoreRyno
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 2/22/2023 at 10:30 AM, ArdmoreRyno said:

You left out the part about the Crimson Tide B word slapping and dog walking LSU in the title game. They were 10x better than OSU that season and 40 times better than TCU in 2022, this with their weakest team in at least a decade..

That said, it IS OK to live in a dream world, and vivid imaginations are a good thing.

Edited by Bill from NYC

14 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

You left out the part about the Crimson Tide B word slapping and dog walking LSU in the title game. They were 10x better than OSU that season and 40 times better than TCU in 2022, this with their weakest team in at least a decade..

That said, it IS OK to live in a dream world, and vivid imaginations are a good thing.

Again, you won't convince me that OSU wasn't the best team in 2011. We were unstoppable on offense (best offense in college football) and a better resume. If it wasn't for Saban ranking OSU like 5th along with a few other coaches (which was done on purpose to help Alabama), OSU would have finished 2nd and played LSU. "10x better" give me a freaking break dude. You didn't even win your division. 

Nearly a 5000 yard QB with nearly 40 TDs (NFL)

1500 yard WR with 18 TDs as a 2x Biletnikoff winner (NFL) 

RB with over 1200 yards & 24 TDs (NFL)

TE with 700 yards (NFL) 

This again is a huge reason why I think we needed the expanded playoffs and it's WHY we have a 4-team playoff today. People realized OSU was screwed over that year.

Not sure why you keep telling me I'm wrong. I'll just tell you... you're wrong. 🤷‍♂️  

17 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Again, you won't convince me that OSU wasn't the best team in 2011. We were unstoppable on offense (best offense in college football) and a better resume. If it wasn't for Saban ranking OSU like 5th along with a few other coaches (which was done on purpose to help Alabama), OSU would have finished 2nd and played LSU. "10x better" give me a freaking break dude. You didn't even win your division. 

Nearly a 5000 yard QB with nearly 40 TDs (NFL)

1500 yard WR with 18 TDs as a 2x Biletnikoff winner (NFL) 

RB with over 1200 yards & 24 TDs (NFL)

TE with 700 yards (NFL) 

This again is a huge reason why I think we needed the expanded playoffs and it's WHY we have a 4-team playoff today. People realized OSU was screwed over that year.

Not sure why you keep telling me I'm wrong. I'll just tell you... you're wrong. 🤷‍♂️  

Those stats mean less when you are facing second rate defenses. TCU had great stats last season, right. Their "great" offense scored all of 7 points and gave up 65 against Georgia. The 2021 Cincinnatti team was clearly superior to them, no?

When the other Big 12 team did finally make the playoffs (Oklahoma), Alabama dog walked (Kyler Murray and all) and swept the floor with them. The same thing will happen this year if another Big 12 gets hot and reaches the playoffs. Sark has a real chance imo to lead Texas to greatness, and now he is leaving that conference. The Big 12 will probably disband in a few years.

Edited by Bill from NYC

4 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Those stats mean less when you are facing second rate defenses. TCU had great stats last season, right. Their "great" offense scored all of 7 points and gave up 65 against Georgia. The 2021 Cincinnatti team was clearly superior to them, no?

When the other Big 12 team did finally make the playoffs (Oklahoma), Alabama dog walked (Kyler Murray and all) and swept the floor with them. The same thing will happen this year if another Big 12 gets hot and reaches the playoffs. Sark has a real chance imo to lead Texas to greatness, and now he is leaving that conference. The Big 12 will probably disband in a few years.

Again, you're not going to change how I feel.... and a lot of people feel the same way about that season, who are NOT Oklahoma State fans. Like I keep saying, there is a reason we have a 4-team playoff right now. A MASSIVE part of it was due to how the 2011 season ended and how OSU got shafted. 

BTW: Stanford had one of the best defenses in the nation, top 25 and that was in a crazy PAC12 who had great offenses. OSU lit them up. No, not nearly as good as Alabama's defense that year but they were good. 

(and the stats do matter when half the offense went on to the NFL that next year)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.