Texas & Zero U to join SEC for the 2024 season.

Cynical

This was always going to happen

UT will eventually right ship and OU is the most consistent program on the modern era 

they were too consistently good for the moment big12

now there will be a new era in big 12 ran by TCU OKst KSU and other non traditionals 

15 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

This was always going to happen

UT will eventually right ship and OU is the most consistent program on the modern era 

they were too consistently good for the moment big12

now there will be a new era in big 12 ran by TCU OKst KSU and other non traditionals 

Texas has to turn it around at some point... there are NO excuses to why they can't be a top 5 program every year, even over OU. But the AD and President in Austin have been awful for a long time in regards to football. I continue to say it, if Oklahoma State can have winning season after winning season (last losing year was in 2004), there is NO excuse for Texas. Oklahoma State's run over the past (nearly) 20 years is pretty impressive even with my bias. No losing seasons, BCS win, solid bowl record, mostly all with 3 and 2 star recruits. Should be noted OU's losing bowl record is mainly due to playing in the CFP and BCS. 

Big XII the past 15 years:

School Total Wins Losses Bowl record Losing Seasons
1. Oklahoma $ 155 43 7-8 1
2. Oklahoma State # 138 56 9-6 0
3. TCU* 134 58 8-4 6
4. Texas 116 74 7-4 5
5. Kansas State 114 76 4-7 4
6. Baylor 111 79 6-5 5
7. WVU 110 78 4-8 5 **
8. Texas Tech 99 88 6-3 6
9. Iowa State 80 107 3-3 9
10. Kansas 42 137 1-1 14

$ 5th best record overall in college football

# 10th best record overall in college football

* in the MWC from 2005-2011 (all losing seasons in the Big XII)

** in the Big East prior to 2012

Edited by ArdmoreRyno

7 hours ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Texas has to turn it around at some point... there are NO excuses to why they can't be a top 5 program every year, even over OU. But the AD and President in Austin have been awful for a long time in regards to football. I continue to say it, if Oklahoma State can have winning season after winning season (last losing year was in 2004), there is NO excuse for Texas. Oklahoma State's run over the past (nearly) 20 years is pretty impressive even with my bias. No losing seasons, BCS win, solid bowl record, mostly all with 3 and 2 star recruits. Should be noted OU's losing bowl record is mainly due to playing in the CFP and BCS. 

Big XII the past 15 years:

School Total Wins Losses Bowl record Losing Seasons
1. Oklahoma $ 155 43 7-8 1
2. Oklahoma State # 138 56 9-6 0
3. TCU* 134 58 8-4 6
4. Texas 116 74 7-4 5
5. Kansas State 114 76 4-7 4
6. Baylor 111 79 6-5 5
7. WVU 110 78 4-8 5 **
8. Texas Tech 99 88 6-3 6
9. Iowa State 80 107 3-3 9
10. Kansas 42 137 1-1 14

$ 5th best record overall in college football

# 10th best record overall in college football

* in the MWC from 2005-2011 (all losing seasons in the Big XII)

** in the Big East prior to 2012

I think this just shows why culture is a big thing in football

Money location and recruiting does not equal wins… A&M has had the top recruiting class four out of five years

And their perennial dumpster fires

UT Has everything to be a perennial powerhouse again… Location, Resources, Facilities, Ability to recruit

What they haven’t had in the last 15-20 years is stability and leadership 

Alabama was sleeping for over a decade before saban showed up…. UT Is the giant nobody wants to wake

And the one thing I will add is Oklahoma State is not doing it with the majority 2* recruits 

I went back 10 years… So in the middle If your 20 year run…

Three 4*… eighteen 3*…. Three 2*

2022 class.. Six 4*….. 13 3*…. Zero 2*

Incoming 2023 class… 23 3*… 0 2*

its clearly a high major 3* program with the ability to get some 4* guys …. But you recruit to your system … not just a number of stars

Edited by Buffalo716

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Meanwhile, Sarkesian is promoting this sham "QB competition". between that mullet kid and Arch Manning. lol.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/35798942/quinn-ewers-arch-manning-competition-texas-qb-job

Arch manning isn’t starting this season 

the mullet kid (Quinn ewers) is a really good pro prospect 

15 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I think this just shows why culture is a big thing in football

Money location and recruiting does not equal wins… A&M has had the top recruiting class four out of five years

And their perennial dumpster fires

UT Has everything to be a perennial powerhouse again… Location, Resources, Facilities, Ability to recruit

What they haven’t had in the last 15-20 years is stability and leadership 

Alabama was sleeping for over a decade before saban showed up…. UT Is the giant nobody wants to wake

And the one thing I will add is Oklahoma State is not doing it with the majority 2* recruits 

I went back 10 years… So in the middle If your 20 year run…

Three 4*… eighteen 3*…. Three 2*

2022 class.. Six 4*….. 13 3*…. Zero 2*

Incoming 2023 class… 23 3*… 0 2*

its clearly a high major 3* program with the ability to get some 4* guys …. But you recruit to your system … not just a number of stars

I posted "mostly 3 and 2 star", which per your post and numbers, is correct. OSU has been a top 10 program in wins the past 15 or so years made up of mostly 3 and 2 star players. Didn't say "majority 2 star". OSU has been a "3-star recruit" program since Gundy got there. There has been a few 5-star guys but they've been mostly busts (XLK, Bobbie Reid). 

6 hours ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

I posted "mostly 3 and 2 star", which per your post and numbers, is correct. OSU has been a top 10 program in wins the past 15 or so years made up of mostly 3 and 2 star players. Didn't say "majority 2 star". OSU has been a "3-star recruit" program since Gundy got there. There has been a few 5-star guys but they've been mostly busts (XLK, Bobbie Reid). 

Mostly and majority are pretty close synonyms lol If somebody said my team was mostly made up of three star and two star recruits

I would expect close to 50% each 

it’s about 10% 4* … 85% 3%… 5% 2*

I’m just saying you’re not a two star program 

You got more 4 stars the last five years than 2 stars

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

• 6 months later...

Comical how @warrior9 jumps back to react to old posts after one game. 

LOL

Let's see how teams do this entire season my man. 

BTW: Johnston has played one NFL game. You know how many yards Tyreek had in game one? NINE yards. Same as Johnston did in his first game.

Edited by ArdmoreRyno

On 9/11/2023 at 2:21 PM, ArdmoreRyno said:

Comical how @warrior9 jumps back to react to old posts after one game. 

LOL

Let's see how teams do this entire season my man. 

BTW: Johnston has played one NFL game. You know how many yards Tyreek had in game one? NINE yards. Same as Johnston did in his first game.

LOL kid can't even get on the field.. 

you're also comparing a kid that went to KC as a 5th round pick ... to a 1st round pick in a pass happy offense.. your takes keep getting worse and worse. 

On 9/11/2023 at 3:08 PM, ArdmoreRyno said:

Obsessed much? Stalking old posts.... If you send me your mailing address, I'll send an autographed photo. 

Stalk.thumb.JPG.0cc024aedf587b6ef1d97c5dad1ec1d5.JPG

Was the same thread... going back to your god awful takes about Johnston :) 

Edited by warrior9

1 hour ago, warrior9 said:

LOL kid can't even get on the field.. 

you're also comparing a kid that went to KC as a 5th round pick ... to a 1st round pick in a pass happy offense.. your takes keep getting worse and worse. 

Was the same thread... going back to your god awful takes about Johnston :) 

Dude, your obsession is insane. 

Where did Quentin touch you? Did you file a police report. 

27 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

that's not why I'm not allowed in that thread anymore at all.

You asked the moderator and got your wish. that is why

Anyway I am glad Texas & OKie are joining the SEC. That conference is going to be awesome next year

It's because you were not being productive in the thread

If you were talking about a player you liked.. an incoming recruit... The upcoming game (in a non snarky way)

Being productive to the thread it would be most welcome

What's not welcome.. is pissing all over the University at Buffalo the team and thread

It's even Perfectly fine to get upset at the team.. but it's not okay to not bring anything positive to the thread 

Edited by Buffalo716

2 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I dont think b*tching about me is very "productive". 

Lets talk about Texas and Oklahoma can we? productively of course

I think those two are the class of the Big 12 and it's going to be a great battle

Texas proved back-to-back years they are building to play with Alabama and I think Nick Saban sees the writing on the wall

Oklahoma has a phenomenal true freshman quarterback that is learning from the bench and they're stacking up the trenches and will also be ready for the SEC  .. even if it takes a season to acclimate

Edited by Buffalo716

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.