XFL Thread 2023

PromoTheRobot

39 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

AJ McCarron playing QB for St. Louis.

Man McCarron looks terrible.   Perfect example of a QB who is looking at the pass rush instead of downfield.   Can't play QB like that.

Takeaway from first 3 games is that hiring these former players with little head coaching experience seems to yield terrible results.

Wade Phillips just overwhelmed TBucks' team and Wade got caught on the sideline mic calling TBuck "not a coach" because of his choice to keep throwing the ball late in the game.    Stoops kickedass too.

This Hines Ward/Anthony Becht matchup is unwatchable.

I know the pro football establishment wants ways to fast track retired players into coaching gigs but perhaps maybe people who become professional coaches at 22-24 years of age and work their way up the ladder can be good enough.     Maybe understanding what it's like to not be an All American and NFL Pro Bowl player better prepares you to coach teams full of jabroni's.

On 2/24/2023 at 9:16 AM, LeGOATski said:

Fun game between Battlehawks and Sea Dragons. How great it would be to watch the Bills like this, to be able to listen to the play calls and half time discussions.

Terrel Buckley for Orlando might be the first XFL coach fired in-season. 😂   

It's hilarious listening to the sideline interactions.  

If I'm the xfl, I'd do one of two things - 

1) eliminate all punting. Teams have 4 downs to get a first down. If they don't get a 1st down, the ball goes over to the other team

OR 

2) keep punting, but eliminate all run plays. Teams cannot hand the ball off. Passing only 

Gotta find a way to make these games better 

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Steptide said:

Seeing the size of the crowd in st Louis for this game makes me feel bad for st Louis fans. They so desperately want a pro football team back 

Some of the games have been surprisingly full and with some fans who already look like lifelong diehards. I have to believe they're being paid to promote or something. Who gets that psyched about a brand new team... 

Confused Jim Carrey GIF

So far, I've liked watching Seattle, Houston, and DC. 

7 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Some of the games have been surprisingly full and with some fans who already look like lifelong diehards. I have to believe they're being paid to promote or something. Who gets that psyched about a brand new team... 

Confused Jim Carrey GIF

So far, I've liked watching Seattle, Houston, and DC. 

St Louis had almost 40k at their game yesterday. That's insane for an xfl game

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.