Neutral Fans thoughts on the game

PatsFanNH

5 hours ago, beebe said:

all that being said, the last three years presented the bills' best chance in this current window. it will be hard to field a team next year that's better than the last three. 

To me, if the Bills play smarter football and stay relatively injury free, they can win a Super Bowl, even with a roster not as good on paper as this year.

Also, the next five seasons Josh Allen will be 27, 28, 29, 30, and 31 years old. Prime time. 

19 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Ok I didn’t have a horse in this game but I had a few thoughts on it.

1. Running Game - The Bengals had it and the Bills never even tried to establish it. Now in normal weather I can understand this but in snowy conditions like this at least try keep the D honest.

2. Screen passes - like running the ball the Bills didn’t sue this till late while the Bengals did it to perfection the entire first half.

3. Pass Rush - The Bills were making Burrows move in the first half but he always seemed to find an open receiver when he stepped up in the pocket. Allen was harassed all day, I say that was helped a lot by not doing any sort of run plays or screens.

4. injury excuses — Yes the Bills were down 2 DL but the Bengals were down 3 Olineman. Should been advantage Bills.

4. Bills looked Emotionally exhausted and just looked tired and out of steam. I say that was especially true of Allen who has to have everything be on him for the O to work with the way it’s called

Lastly  Bills fans on here have lost their minds! Allen is still a top 3 QB, The Bills are still a very good team, and this year just seemed to show Allen running out of steam after getting hurt. So to quote Rogers fans here need to RELAX! You still have many more good years ahead.

I don't try to over-analyze things...It was just a good 'ole fashion beatdown by the better team and this Bills team's flaws were laid bare by the Bengals on both sides of the ball for everyone to see.  The epicness of that beatdown was not accurately reflected in the final score.

Good analysis - but I find my hope waning today. Maybe it's just a "day after" thing.

But man am I weary.  I went through the 4 SB's and all the rest since.  Never would have imagined that I was signing up for the history we've had when I became a fan, but that's fandom for ya.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.