JoPo's message to Bills Mafia

Toomstone.Part.Duex

Notice there are already 3 safeties signed and not one of them is named Poyer? Notice Po is now being told he is only worth 11 which is what Buffalo told him and he is begging for 3-4 more in incentives. Now he is just begging for term and/or incentives because if he signs for the same thing the Bills paid him he just looks like a bad guy for leaving town for the same money he just made. No one will be paying him his 14-15 million. He is learning the lesson honey badger learned last year and Beane told him so last year. His wife just needed to learn the same lesson. She’s behind the drama.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Dumb question.  Can Poyer be signed as a post June signing?   Does it matter if you resign with your own team?

He’s a UFA. He can sign with any team, to include the Bills, at anytime. Tomorrow, next week, June, week 9, it doesn’t matter.

Edited by Beast

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Dumb question.  Can Poyer be signed as a post June signing?   Does it matter if you resign with your own team?

Post-June 1 only applies to a player who is cut (I learnt yesterday it can't be applied to the accelerated dead cap resulting from a trade.

In any event, it most certainly doesn't apply to signing a player; the rule is, you got to have the cap available before the deal goes through.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Virgil said:

The “post-June” designation applies to cutting a player so you can spread the dead cap hit over two seasons for cap purposes. If you want to resign Poyer and want the cap flexibility this year you would just write the contract that way. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

He’s a UFA. He can sign with any team, to include the Bills, at anytime. Tomorrow, next week, June, week 9, it doesn’t matter.

Um, this is the "legal tampering period".  Technically, Poyer is still under contract to the Bills (last year's contract) until the new league year starts Weds.

So no, he's not a UFA - yet - and he can't sign with any team other than the Bills until the new league year starts later this week (he can agree in principle to a contract, but not sign one)

47 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Um, this is the "legal tampering period".  Technically, Poyer is still under contract to the Bills (last year's contract) until the new league year starts Weds.

So no, he's not a UFA - yet - and he can't sign with any team other than the Bills until the new league year starts later this week (he can agree in principle to a contract, but not sign one)

Boy, thank the good Lord you came along and cleared up my very confusing post.

5 hours ago, jlgarsh said:

I mean he's currently the GM of the Rangers, so it's not surprising he's not doing Sabres events right now?

I know that and I knew somebody was going to bring that up but even before that gig I felt like he just completely distanced himself from that Sabres era, and Briere is currently doing GM work for Philly but he also records video snippets when there are the big events like RJ night or Ryan Miller night.  It's just weird to me you never hear anything from Drury as he was such a big part of those teams.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LEBills said:

The “post-June” designation applies to cutting a player so you can spread the dead cap hit over two seasons for cap purposes. If you want to resign Poyer and want the cap flexibility this year you would just write the contract that way. 

I thought it also contributed to comp picks

12 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Post-June 1 only applies to a player who is cut (I learnt yesterday it can't be applied to the accelerated dead cap resulting from a trade.

In any event, it most certainly doesn't apply to signing a player; the rule is, you got to have the cap available before the deal goes through.

Post-june will usually be used for players that have guarantees on base salary.  If you trade someone, they pay the salary 🙂

11 hours ago, Virgil said:

I thought it also contributed to comp picks

Comp picks only apply if a players contract ends.  If you cut them, they don't factor into the formula.  

1 minute ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Post-june will usually be used for players that have guarantees on base salary.  If you trade someone, they pay the salary 🙂

Comp picks only apply if a players contract ends.  If you cut them, they don't factor into the formula.  

His contract is over.  So, couldn't he be a comp pick then?

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

His contract is over.  So, couldn't he be a comp pick then?

Potentially, if we end up with fewer qualifying adds than subtractions.

So far i'd assume we are at 1 and 1 with edmunds and McGovern.  

Potential adds to the formula:

Poyer

Singletary

and the long shots of Phillips, Lawson, Crowder.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.