ESPN - The Buffalo Bills and the City of Good Neighbors

LOVEMESOMEBILLS

1 hour ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Heartwarming piece. Thanks for posting.

Been a fan since 1978 and I've never been more proud of the team and the community. 

28 minutes ago, ajmac said:

Our Year‼️🙏

Man I hope so. We're way over due for that February parade.🤞

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On top of the events the film mentioned, there was also the big storm that pushed the team out of Orchard Park for a week, and the heat stroke game sitting in the sun in Miami.  I understand the theme of the film is the connection between the team and the community, and that's beautiful to see, but looking at it from only the team's perspective, this has been the season from hell, and they came together, fought through it, had a season with excellent results, and are in position to make it back to the SB.  They didn't dominate that many games this year, except the first two and the Pittsburgh game, but considering the injuries to Hyde, Miller, Milano, Oliver, Poyer, Hamlin, Edmunds, White, Benford, Morse and Allen (and I'm forgetting some others), to keep winning and winning and winning despite the challenges, is ridiculously impressive.

Maybe all that will go into the film they make after the Bills win the Super Bowl. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Utah John said:

On top of the events the film mentioned, there was also the big storm that pushed the team out of Orchard Park for a week, and the heat stroke game sitting in the sun in Miami.  I understand the theme of the film is the connection between the team and the community, and that's beautiful to see, but looking at it from only the team's perspective, this has been the season from hell, and they came together, fought through it, had a season with excellent results, and are in position to make it back to the SB.  They didn't dominate that many games this year, except the first two and the Pittsburgh game, but considering the injuries to Hyde, Miller, Milano, Oliver, Poyer, Hamlin, Edmunds, White, Benford, Morse and Allen (and I'm forgetting some others), to keep winning and winning and winning despite the challenges, is ridiculously impressive.

Maybe all that will go into the film they make after the Bills win the Super Bowl. 

I agree. I would also add Knox losing his younger brother right before the start of the  season.

• Agree 5

37 minutes ago, Utah John said:

The scary Dane Jackson neck/head injury too during the Titans game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

44 minutes ago, Utah John said:

After the "heat stroke" game, Allen said most of the players didn't fully recover until something like Thursday or Friday. That's some significant effect. 

• Agree 2

42 minutes ago, Fleezoid said:

After the "heat stroke" game, Allen said most of the players didn't fully recover until something like Thursday or Friday. That's some significant effect. 

I agree. Adding to the fact of just how hot that game was, it was only the 3rd game of the year and starters not playing but only a series or 2 in preseason nowadays, players are still getting into game shape in September.

At 1 point in the 4th quarter the offense had no Diggs, McKenzie & Knox, all were missing time due to heat related issues. Add to that to a very gimpy Gabe and being on their 3rd string Center and backup RG & RT. I have no idea how they managed 497 yards of offense that game.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Utah John said:

Knox losing his brother...and a big one no one talks -  The mysterious indisposition of Kim,  the CoOwner of the Buffalo Bills.  IT has been one hell of a season.  I hope the team has become strong to lift the lombardi come February. Go Bills !

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Utah John said:

OK, adding items that others have mentioned, just trying to get them all into one place:

-- Luke Dawson's death

-- Kim Pegula's health issue

-- Dane Jackson's gruesome injury

-- also Jamison Crowder's injury

-- also Dion Dawkins's injury

-- also Spencer Brown's injury

-- also the losses of Brian Daboll and Joe Schoen

The Timex of NFL teams.  They take a licking, and they keep on ticking.  (What, you're not old enough to remember that?)

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I agree. Adding to the fact of just how hot that game was, it was only the 3rd game of the year and starters not playing but only a series or 2 in preseason nowadays, players are still getting into game shape in September.

At 1 point in the 4th quarter the offense had no Diggs, McKenzie & Knox, all were missing time due to heat related issues. Add to that to a very gimpy Gabe and being on their 3rd string Center and backup RG & RT. I have no idea how they managed 497 yards of offense that game.

And yet if they had managed an even 500 they would have won.  Their last chance came with the Bills just outside the end zone, with Allen missing McKenzie on a pass play he could do in his sleep.  But Allen and the rest of the Bills were just shot.  It was a heroic effort and it was a shame that they lost like that.  And it's really outrageous that the Miami stadium is designed like that.  The coin flip at the start of the game should be for which team gets to sit in the shade.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Utah John said:

And yet if they had managed an even 500 they would have won.  Their last chance came with the Bills just outside the end zone, with Allen missing McKenzie on a pass play he could do in his sleep.  But Allen and the rest of the Bills were just shot.  It was a heroic effort and it was a shame that they lost like that.  And it's really outrageous that the Miami stadium is designed like that.  The coin flip at the start of the game should be for which team gets to sit in the shade.

Agreed.. The NFL rules should make an exception regarding Miami. Shouldn't matter what the Dolphins don't utilize in the shade. The team baking in the sun should have whatever they need to ensure player health/safety. .... Seems logical ..... league needs to break their one size fits all rules in this case.

Edited by Kornfed
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Utah John said:

OK, adding items that others have mentioned, just trying to get them all into one place:

-- Luke Dawson's death

-- Kim Pegula's health issue

-- Dane Jackson's gruesome injury

-- also Jamison Crowder's injury

-- also Dion Dawkins's injury

-- also Spencer Brown's injury

-- also the losses of Brian Daboll and Joe Schoen

The Timex of NFL teams.  They take a licking, and they keep on ticking.  (What, you're not old enough to remember that?)

Did they mention the whole Ariaza thing too?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.