Is Josh the de facto OC?

Inigo Montoya

10 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

No, but they were also denied 2 drives because of them and another on the NE 4th quarter punt that touched a Bills player. 

They only had 8 drives(not counting the kneel down) on Sunday and scored tds on 3 of them. It should've been 4 if not for our stellar #2 WR. Couldn't find this year's numbers, but 37.5% is 11 points higher than the league average last year. And that's against a top 10 defense in yards and points allowed. They're that good despite a 26th ranked offense. 

The Bills scored more than any team not named KC and only trail them by .8 ppg. If that's not efficient enough for fans, I think It's time for them to reset their expectations.

No one ranks offense by “being denied 2 drives.” 

However, most people don’t include ST or defensive TD’s in offensive production 

10 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

The Bills are 2nd in the league in first downs per game this season. 

It does not mean they can't do better.  The consistency of the drives is my bigger concern.  It seems like it is great drive or no drive.  And, no drive happens for a quarter at a time.

57 minutes ago, Manther said:

It does not mean they can't do better.  The consistency of the drives is my bigger concern.  It seems like it is great drive or no drive.  And, no drive happens for a quarter at a time.

They don’t go 3 and out a lot either. I question both the accuracy of your perceptions and the reasonableness of your expectations. Yes, all teams can “do better” but I don’t really know what you or the other negative poster want to see. Can you articulate it? Because the other guy couldn’t. How much better would you like  them to be? 2.5%? 5%?

I don’t know. I’m not going to sit here and present data and be refuted with some variation of “but…but…but the eye test and they’re not efficient and…” 

Anonymous posters’ “eye tests” mean nothing to me and don’t persuade me at all. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, FireChans said:

No one ranks offense by “being denied 2 drives.” 

However, most people don’t include ST or defensive TD’s in offensive production 

Some people only see black and white, when most is gray. We could do this all night if you wish. Good to see you're your chipper self, per usual, glad you chimed in.

fact remains the offensive output is nearly identical to last year's production.  Even Joshes stats, both passing and running, mirror each other from 2021 & 2022. Wasn't a problem last in last year's playoffs, have no reason to expect differently this year.

And I'll still take that 37.5% td rate against a top 10 overall defense anyday. That tells the real story of how efficient the offense was on Sunday, which is what the initial conversation was about. 

23 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

They don’t go 3 and out a lot either. I question both the accuracy of your perceptions and the reasonableness of your expectations. Yes, all teams can “do better” but I don’t really know what you or the other negative poster want to see. Can you articulate it? Because the other guy couldn’t. How much better would you like  them to be? 2.5%? 5%?

I don’t know. I’m not going to sit here and present data and be refuted with some variation of “but…but…but the eye test and they’re not efficient and…” 

Anonymous posters’ “eye tests” mean nothing to me and don’t persuade me at all. 

I am not a negative poster.  I am very optimistic.  The sky is not falling and I think we can win the Super Bowl.  I am going by the eye test with LESS consistent drives than last year and not on statistics.  Sorry you don't like that.

I think contributing factors that are and can improve...

- Josh's elbow

- Dorsey being a new play caller

- lack of slot receiver to help move the chains

- have not had it in the past consistently, but, recently, Cook and Singletary helping consistently move the chains

- drops specifically Gabe Davis and Isiah McKenzie

- red zone turnovers --> drive killers, not moving the ball, but, taking points off the board and demoralizing

We need to continue to improve these areas as we have been.

In order to win the Super Bowl we have to beat the best teams and I think we need to move the ball more consistently to win the Super Bowl and beat the best.

We can do it and I am confident we will be able compete to win every game.

Go Bills!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.