Sports Betting

GustheDog33

Anyone on here interested in or participating in sports betting?  I dabble, albeit very small wagers, but would love to have a thread on here to see what people in the Bills community like and their takes on why they like those plays.

Something I have been thinking about playing, almost an auto-play, is the Sabres team total at over 3.5 Goals.  By my amateur handicapping, I believe that has been a winner in 23 of 36 games this year, meaning it hits at like 64%ish.

Hoping I am not the only "degen" on here who gets a little kick out of some small wagers.

• Agree 1

I thought the thread would be the opposite, mentioning how sports betting/gambling is now taking over the realm of general sports media.

Increasingly, "sports talk" is really "gambling talk" which I can't stand.

I have zero interest in gambling, fantasy sports, or any of it, and it is NOT "sports" discussion.  It's an off-shoot sub-topic, like "sport collectibles" which is another area I have zero interest in, despite being a huge sports fan.

Anyway, I'm all in favor of the gambling folks having a thread to discuss gambling matters!

Have at it.

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t gamble anywhere near as what I used to in my younger days. Having grown up things to pay for like a mortgage and bills.

I do have a flutter on a weekend but very small stakes. I’ll do a £5 accumulator (I believe you guys call them parlay) on soccer. Choose 5/6 games being played at 3pm to have over 2.5 goals scored in them. Look to win £100-£150.

Then I have another fiver on the NFL on a Sunday evening. I sometimes do a TE/QB/Def touchdown score treble. Other times I do a 5 game handicap accumulator. The TD treble pays a lot more than the handicap bet. 

Both weekend gambles are done for a bit of fun. If I win I withdraw any winnings straight away and will spend them on something fun for the family or on sport event tickets. 

Edited by BritBill

I was betting MMA for a while, and I was tracking my bets.  Allowed myself a $500 “bankroll” and tracked by units bet.  I was doing pretty well, but had a couple bad “events.”  About a month ago I gave up sports betting, or at least taking a break.  Not bc I was losing loads of $, but bc I was investing too much time researching the fights.  

I did go on a hot streak live-betting NHL games last season though.  I went on a burner one week and was up like $2200.  Ended up cashing out ~$1300 when I quit betting.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/6/2023 at 3:17 PM, GustheDog33 said:

Anyone on here interested in or participating in sports betting?  I dabble, albeit very small wagers, but would love to have a thread on here to see what people in the Bills community like and their takes on why they like those plays.

Something I have been thinking about playing, almost an auto-play, is the Sabres team total at over 3.5 Goals.  By my amateur handicapping, I believe that has been a winner in 23 of 36 games this year, meaning it hits at like 64%ish.

Hoping I am not the only "degen" on here who gets a little kick out of some small wagers.

I also dabble with small wagers.  I took advantage of all of the deals they gave out when it became legal in NY.  I put $100 in my account last January and took $100 back out when I had earned enough to do so.  So I've just been playing around with house money for the last year.  One of my big winners is also the Sabres, but the total game OVER.  In division games they are hitting overs at a pretty ridiculous rate.  I think I read that in the last 28 division games, OVERs are 20-7-1.

I also just throw a unit or two on big games and Bills game.  Nothing crazy, but it's definitely fun. 

• Like (+1) 2

I have a small bet on the Bills and Dolphins over 43.5 this weekend.  I am thinking Thompson is likely to turn it over at least once which would hopefully give the Bills a short field.  We'll see, but the Bills may not need much help from the Dolphins to cover the 43.5 points.

Sabres been fun. Still a bit sneaky to the non local public so have gad some nice wins there.

Also im in charlotte, hornets habe been plain awful, but also awful ATS. Theres some crazy talent in this upcoming draft and i want us to bottom out.

Tricky thing, once game starts its hard to cheer for L's... adding some betting while knowing its best long term, ive been able to cope.

Tl:dr

Sabres over/ML

Whoever CLT plays, ATS

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.