DaQuan Jones: Best Beane free agent signing in years

Logic

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Like I said.........if you were kind to every poster in your initial discourse with them........you wouldn't have to cry and divert topics from football to personal.

Which I have no idea why you would want to do...........not that having your own apartment isn't a great life accomplishment but I'd dare say that being a football fan is probably one of your stronger suits. ;)

Own it...........you defended Star and thought that was a good signing too!

Lecturing, insulting, condescending, projecting, and wanting to re-litigate Star Lotulelei for the millionth time. 

Yep, that's BADOL, alright! 

Love ya buddy.

19 hours ago, wppete said:

Since Vaugn Miller is out for the season would like to see the Captain C on Daquan’s chest. Makes sense this guy is a leader and does nothing but produce. 

Really?? Our captains haven't fared well on the injury front:

- Josh - Probably on the Injury List for the rest of the season

- Morse - Probably on the Injury List for the rest of the season, Missed 2 games including @ Miami

- DIggs - so far so good

- Hyde - IR

- Von - IR

- Edmunds - Has missed 3 games due to injury

- Poyer - has missed 4 games due to Injury

- Taiwan - has been dinged but has missed no games

- Matakevich - so far so good

Not a good look

21 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Star was far from a fine player in 2018 and 2019.    To quote @GunnerBill on those years........Star was "trash".    

By far his best season as a Bill was 2021..........suggesting otherwise is trying to create a narrative that he declined with age or due to covid or something.......which is entirely false.

And the Bills looked at his 2021 and determined that the 2022 version wouldn't even be worth about $1M in actual cap space and chose to instead take nearly an $8M dead cap hit.  

That is about as big of an indictment of his performance as you could possibly get.

To suggest he was anything but a bust of a signing is absurd.

$40M in real money spent for 3 seasons of a player they would have loved to been able to cut and replace after the first season........but could not.

Yeah, I get that you feel that way. Thing is, what you say ain't reasonable.

The Bills have made it clear - very very clear - that he was doing the unglamorous things they needed done, eating bloc

When the choice is between the opinion of the  coaches and players on the Bills and the opinion of a depressive on the internet focused on any Bills problem he can find, the smart person knows the Bills are right.

DaQuan is better, he's collapsing the pocket really well. But Star was doing a really good job generally - the first two years - eating that space, enveloping those blocks, moving sideways but not back, and making life a lot easier for the players around him.

The year before Star got here, the Bills had the ninth-worst defensive YPC in the league. The Panthers, with Star, had the ninth-best. The next year, Star goes from Carolina to Buffalo and the Bills are now the ninth-best at defensive YPC and the Panthers drop to 21st.

Star wasn't all of that difference, but he was a major major part of it.

I certainly agree about his last two years here, opting out but then not getting vaxed and then getting Covid early in the 2021 season and immediately experiencing a massive dropoff from which he never really recovered. Awful. And it could very possibly have been avoided.

But his first two years here he was an absolute success.

Here's what Beane had to say, from Getzenberg:

"Lotulelei missed time during the 2021 season after testing positive for COVID-19 and for personal reasons. General manager Brandon Beane noted a decline in Lotulelei's performance after dealing with the effects of COVID-19 despite being one of the Bills' 'disruptive lineman' in the early portion of the season.

'But when he got COVID, when he came back, it really affected him,' Beane said. 'Without getting too deep into the woods, I don't think he returned to form. And I think he'd be the first to tell you that at what he was playing at earlier in the year. He got better and I thought it improved the two playoff games, but I still don't think it was as consistent as he was the first part of the season.'"

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33537065/buffalo-bills-release-star-lotulelei-following-dt-additions-free-agency

Edited by Thurman#1

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yeah, I get that you feel that way. Thing is, what you say ain't reasonable.

The Bills have made it clear - very very clear - that he was doing the unglamorous things they needed done, eating bloc

Nonsense!.........as you so often say.:lol:

Actions speak louder than words..........they took a dead cap hit of $7.7M to save a paltry $1.5M in cap space.

Paid him $40M for 3 seasons.  

But you claim it's not even "reasonable" to say he was a bust. :rolleyes:

The thing about all your incredibly bad takes of the past is now you have to play TSW Baghdad Bob on here defending them.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.