I thought 10-3 would feel better...

Inigo Montoya

9 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Beasley was good for two seasons and then really bad last year.  Turned 112 targets into 693 yards.  Gabe Davis has already surpassed Emmanuel Sanders' production from last year in fewer games.

Trust me, I've been disappointed by our role players but you may be remembering last year's team with rose tinted glasses.  Our regular season offense last year really wasn't better than what they're doing now.

These were my thoughts before the season started, no rose colored glasses.  You have a right to your own opinion, as do I.  Mine has not changed all year.  I liked the players on offense better last year than I do this year.  You say Gabe Davis passed Emmanuel Sanders, so who replaced Emmanuel Sanders?  On the flip side I like this years defense players better than last year

Edited by Gunsgoodtime
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

By the numbers, Dane Jackson has been our best CB this season.

The defense is playing better as a zone defense.  I dont expect much man vs Miami either.   Elam is a much better man Db than zone at this point.      If they need to bring more pressure and need to press opposite White Elam will be on the field.  I see it as a scheme and match up based decision.  Elam is going to play some important football down the stretch. 

22 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

After beating the Jets today the Bills are 10-3 and in the lead in the AFCE and sitting as the #1 seed in the AFC.  If you had taken a poll here at the start of the season and asked if we would take those stats heading into week 15 of the season, I think it would be 80/20 in favor of it.

Recognizing the Bills are sitting in a very good position right now, why does it feel like this has been a really rough season?

Maybe it's the constant parade of injuries?  The bad loses to the Phins, Jets, and Vikings?  Maybe the fact that we haven't seen the Bills' offense find that gear that they ended the season in last season?  Or maybe it's because the Bills have left themselves no room for error going forward if they want to win the division and the #1 seed?

I'm not complaining about where the BIlls are sitting at right now, I just imagined 10-3 would feel a whole lot better than it does. 

I added the anger emoji, just so you'd have every emoji available.

They only have one dependable receiver, and Allen's legs to lead the offense. Davis is clearly not a #2, and McKenzie has proven to be undependable. Allen's arm is injured-- we don't know how badly it bothers him. Running game (other than Allen), is inconsistent/mediocre.

Team is winning on defense (not confident in the secondary) and a flawed offense. Not sure how sustainable that will be in the playoffs.

We're winning ugly which is an important thing playoff and super bowl winning teams have to do. And it's something we couldn't do last year. 

But we're not really playing well at any facet right now. I'd feel a lot better if we were "rounding into playoff form" at least somewhere on the team. This is usually the time of year that the teams that are going to go deep in the playoffs start to really dominate one part of the game or another, be it the running game, defense, passing, whatever. 

For example, this is the time of year the Patriots running game would usually start to take off on their way to yet another super bowl. 

Same thing for the Giants 2 super bowl runs with Eli. This is the time of year they started getting hot. Their defense started playing lights out and Brandon Jacobs couldn't be stopped.

Last year it was the Bengals defense starting to dominate. 

We don't appear to be on the upswing in any particular category, and are kind of struggling across the board. And we've lost 2 of our most important players on defense for the season. Tre White is shadow of himself so far, but is also our best shot at improvement heading into the playoffs. 

Really hope we flip the switch against the Fish. 

Edited by BFLO

On 12/11/2022 at 4:14 PM, Inigo Montoya said:

After beating the Jets today the Bills are 10-3 and in the lead in the AFCE and sitting as the #1 seed in the AFC.  If you had taken a poll here at the start of the season and asked if we would take those stats heading into week 15 of the season, I think it would be 80/20 in favor of it.

Recognizing the Bills are sitting in a very good position right now, why does it feel like this has been a really rough season?

Maybe it's the constant parade of injuries?  The bad loses to the Phins, Jets, and Vikings?  Maybe the fact that we haven't seen the Bills' offense find that gear that they ended the season in last season?  Or maybe it's because the Bills have left themselves no room for error going forward if they want to win the division and the #1 seed?

I'm not complaining about where the BIlls are sitting at right now, I just imagined 10-3 would feel a whole lot better than it does. 

Finally!! A post that has gotten every single reaction emoji. 

I have zero comment on the content of your post, but congrats on this rare feat. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.