Grant Wahl American journalist covering World Cup dies suddenly

Big Blitz

4 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Irrelevant. Comparatively successful does not equal success. Nations that are serious about masking and vax have not succeeded in defeating covid. That includes NZ.

Now go stock up on N95 and make sure your miracle vax (which I got the first two of my own free will) is up to date. 

Are you defining success as no COVID at all? Because that went out the window a long time ago. Seems to me like preventing deaths is worthwhile, but I guess you disagree. 

In any event, if enough people oppose mitigation, maybe the GOP won’t be able to win elections anymore because their voters will be dead… 

https://ysph.yale.edu/news-article/study-finds-large-gap-in-excess-deaths-along-partisan-lines-after-covid-19-vaccines-introduced/

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, ChiGoose said:

Are you defining success as no COVID at all? Because that went out the window a long time ago. Seems to me like preventing deaths is worthwhile, but I guess you disagree. 

In any event, if enough people oppose mitigation, maybe the GOP won’t be able to win elections anymore because their voters will be dead… 

https://ysph.yale.edu/news-article/study-finds-large-gap-in-excess-deaths-along-partisan-lines-after-covid-19-vaccines-introduced/

Well, I mean, that was the whole point in releasing the virus, right?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Your contention is that continued masking (kn95 or better) and continued vaccination will bring covid to heel. Is that right? Follow the science?

wish-casting

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Your contention is that continued masking (kn95 or better) and continued vaccination will bring covid to heel. Is that right? Follow the science?

wish-casting

It’s not. My contention is that mitigating risk mitigates risk. 

It’s a revolutionary concept. I should write a book on it.

5 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

IS that what you just did?

And just the ones you dont agree with, or the blue anon ones you have parroted?

WTF is blue anon?

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

Most Americans. 

Even after a million deaths, they oppose even the simplest mitigations like mask wearing. 

If someone is in the type of condition where they are likely to die if they catch Covid, I don’t think a mask is going to help them…imho I don’t think they are efficient enough from preventing contraction…

They are better off taking the vaccine imo 👍

Edited by JaCrispy

6 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

It’s not. My contention is that mitigating risk mitigates risk. 

It’s a revolutionary concept. I should write a book on it.

WTF is blue anon?

Japan, while not in New Zealand’s class, mitigated the hell out of their Covid risk. The current numbers don’t seem like it’s paying off that well. Maybe Covid is just different that way. Or maybe it’s just that people don’t care enough. 

43 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Japan, while not in New Zealand’s class, mitigated the hell out of their Covid risk. The current numbers don’t seem like it’s paying off that well. Maybe Covid is just different that way. Or maybe it’s just that people don’t care enough. 

Probably a combination of both. The current strain is much more infectious than the original. Some things that would have worked in the past aren’t as effective against this version 

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Probably a combination of both. The current strain is much more infectious than the original. Some things that would have worked in the past aren’t as effective against this version 

Then its a good thing the current strain is about as lethal as the cold and doesnt even impact kids

like every strain is weaker than the one prior. 

19 hours ago, Chris farley said:

Then its a good thing the current strain is about as lethal as the cold and doesnt even impact kids

like every strain is weaker than the one prior. 

Its not always true that subsequent strains are weaker, but we dont know yet with this one. Just because a strain is highly transmissable doesn't necessarily mean that it's more virulent. The underlying molecular mechanisms are insanely complex. The new highly transmissable XBB.1.5 strain is due to a single amino acid mutation that increased ACE2 receptor binding affinity at the cost of less likely antibody escape, so it remains to be seen if it will even spur a spike in absolute cases, let alone be more virulent. This was an exceptionally rare mutation requiring two nucleotide mutations in the same codon.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/10/2022 at 10:24 AM, Doc said:

No need to jump to conclusions.  A full investigation needs to be done.

Well agree. For my niece couple years ago, before the covid shots come out and just starting covid for USA.. Coxsackie B virus went to the heart.  Like sudden death just caught right time.  ECMO for a month.

Damar Hamlin people blaming the shot (so thankful he is doing alright). But it seems like pretty certain it was cardiac arrest by the hit.  People jump to politics too quick and wait for answer. Too many people jumping to conclusion's.  Making themselves look bad. Know a person used to work emt seen or did cardiac arrests cpr nothing new in person. (5-6 years ago) It is more baseball injury and other sports. 

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan

9 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Well agree. For my niece couple years ago, before the covid shots come out and just starting covid for USA.. Coxsackie B virus went to the heart.  Like sudden death just caught right time.  ECMO for a month.

Damar Hamlin people blaming the shot (so thankful he is doing alright). But it seems like pretty certain it was cardiac arrest by the hit.  People jump to politics too quick and wait for answer. Too many people jumping to conclusion's.  Making themselves look bad. Know a person used to work emt seen cardiac arrests nothing new in person. (5-6 years ago) It is more baseball injury and other sports. 

the media reported signs sure point to that being a possibility.

just crazy how that very rare thing only happened 20-30 times a year. 

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/24572-commotio-cordis#:~:text=Cases of commotio cordis are extremely rare. There,cases each year. Can you survive commotio cordis%3F

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Damar Hamlin people blaming the shot (so thankful he is doing alright). But it seems like pretty certain it was cardiac arrest by the hit.  People jump to politics too quick and wait for answer. Too many people jumping to conclusion's.  Making themselves look bad. Know a person used to work emt seen or did cardiac arrests cpr nothing new in person. (5-6 years ago) It is more baseball injury and other sports. 

How is your niece now?

But the vaccine being the underlying cause can't be dismissed out of hand. 

• Like (+1) 2