Adversity always will hit at some point. The response to it is what is important.

Big Turk

16 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

I've pretty much lost all faith in Frazier at this point.  He's stubbornly committed to only rushing 4 and allowing some fairly pedestrian QB's to sit back and pick us apart.

This statement, which I have seen from many posters here, is mind boggling to me. You guys do realize that by blitzing it's going to put us in man situations more often than not, right? If you're sending any more than 5 you have to play man coverage behind it... with back-up DBs. If I'm Frazier I don't have any confidence in doing that either. At some point the guy/guys who are getting paid to rush the passer have to do their job. Rosseau being out has been a huge hit to that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Because the teams they "lost" to were a combined 23-7.  Cleveland is a bad team. This is the type of team we smoke under McD and Allen.

Cleveland is not a good team, however, they do have the 5th best rushing attack in the league at just under 160 yards/game. 

We'll see if Frazier stubbornly sticks with the Nickel even if they do effectively run the ball on us.

2 minutes ago, HoofHearted said:

This statement, which I have seen from many posters here, is mind boggling to me. You guys do realize that by blitzing it's going to put us in man situations more often than not, right? If you're sending any more than 5 you have to play man coverage behind it... with back-up DBs. If I'm Frazier I don't have any confidence in doing that either. At some point the guy/guys who are getting paid to rush the passer have to do their job. Rosseau being out has been a huge hit to that.

Pretty sure every team that blitzes know the drawbacks of it and are willing to accept those risks to try to disrupt the offense.

The drawbacks of rushing only 4 are what we saw yesterday. 

Expecting to get consistent pressure with only rushing 4 is just not realistic against a good line.

4 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Pretty sure every team that blitzes know the drawbacks of it and are willing to accept those risks to try to disrupt the offense.

Expecting to get consistent pressure with only rushing 4 is just not realistic against a good line.

My point is we brought pressure and played man behind it yesterday and got burned on it multiple times. At the end of the day the jimmy's and joe's have to make plays. Calling out Frazier for a lack of execution is bizarre to say the least.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Just knock the ball down.  That's all they had to do. Ballgame.

Or put more pressure on Cousins and force him into bad throws where the receiver doesn't have a chance at it.

We've made Cousins yesterday and Wilson last week look much better than they actually are IMO and you give almost any NFL QB time to throw with little pressure, they are going to find a receiver.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, HoofHearted said:

My point is we brought pressure and played man behind it yesterday and got burned on it multiple times. At the end of the day the jimmy's and joe's have to make plays. Calling out Frazier for a lack of execution is bizarre to say the least.

The few times Frazier does blitz, it's often off the corners where the blitz takes too long to actually do anything.

That is just poor scheming.

1 minute ago, Charles Romes said:

As horrific as the fumble was, and the last interception, he did have the wherewith-all to drive us down the field into scoring position when we absolutely needed it. Twice. 

Even if you drive 99 yards, if you throw an INT in the endzone, what difference does it make?

These poor redzone decisions have become commonplace the last few games and will continue to plague this offense if Josh doesn't just take what the D is giving instead of trying to force bad balls.

16 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Cleveland is not a good team, however, they do have the 5th best rushing attack in the league at just under 160 yards/game. 

We'll see if Frazier stubbornly sticks with the Nickel even if they do effectively run the ball on us.

OK...let them run for 180 yards and score 17 points.

43 minutes ago, Success said:

Great post!  Adversity can be the best thing for a team, sometimes.  If we CAN pull it together now, I'll probably have more confidence going into the playoffs than I would have if the regular season was just the equivalent of a red carpet & we just rolled the whole time.

As you stated, a lot of SB champs have weathered adversity and come out the other side.  I also can't help but think of the '07 Giants, whose season was done 2-3 teams that year.  Fans wanted to bench Eli halfway through that season.

McCourty was on the CBS pregame show yesterday and he said "you want to be playing your best football after Thanksgiving."   My hope is that the lessons learned from the 3 losses, by the coaches and the players make them a better team down the stretch.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

OK...let them run for 180 yards and score 17 points.

The Jets literally beat us running down it down our throats the second half while our offense did nothing.

2 minutes ago, HoofHearted said:

Incorrect, but nice try.

Bye

Edited by Billz4ever

2 minutes ago, schoolhouserock said:

This team has another win streak in them. One can only hope it is a win streak as magnificent as the past three Super Bowl winners.

I am hung up on home field advantage.

Unless KC starts losing games, we've already wasted the tiebreaker, just like we did last season.

We need to just focus on winning games to make the playoffs at this point. If home field somehow happens, it happens.

47 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Because the teams they "lost" to were a combined 23-7.  Cleveland is a bad team. This is the type of team we smoke under McD and Allen.

And do you think we'll meet up with a lot of losing teams in the post-season?

this team has, for better or worse, been average in the biggest games.

9 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

The Jets literally beat us running down it down our throats the second half while our offense did nothing.

And still only scored 20 points. Which was aided by an Allen INT that gave them the ball inside our 20. Highly unlikely the Browns hold us to less than that at home.

Edited by Big Turk

Their wounds are self inflicted. That's what makes this so frustrating. It's not like guys are jumping balls, Allen is telegraphing throws directly to idle defenders. It's very very odd. I'm very confident he'll overcome it but why dig a hole? They all know the goal is the #1 seed, and we're already behind the 8 ball. 

4 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

And do you think we'll meet up with a lot of losing teams in the post-season?

this team has, for better or worse, been average in the biggest games.

I like our chances. I'll just leave it at that. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.