Two questions for those who watched the game (Minnesota at Buffalo)

chongli

I was not able to watch the game, and had to listen to the WGR live call. I have two questions for those who actually did see the game:

1. On the first Buffalo field goal I think it was, on the play before when Josh didn't hit Singletary, Eric Wood said he had Shakir open for the TD, but his read was to Singletary's end. Was this the case?

2. On the Hockenson offensive pass interference, Eric Wood said Dane Jackson Cam Lewis, I believe it was, got a jump on the ball and would have intercepted it, but Hockenson had to interfere to prevent that. Again, was that the case? I think the penalty in that case was a joke--15 10 yards. If it has been the other way, the offense would have gotten it first and goal at the one. 

Edited by chongli

I was at the game. I'm not sure about your first question, but there was a play where Josh threw to the middle of the end zone to a covered receiver. Meanwhile Knox was in the right side of the end zone absolutely wide open. Josh never looked at him. 

And the pass to Hockenson definitely would've been and INT. Hock grabbed the defender by the jersey and pulled him down backwards away from the ball.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, chongli said:

I was not able to watch the game, and had to listen to the WGR live call. I have two questions for those who actually did see the game:

1. On the first Buffalo field goal I think it was, on the play before when Josh didn't hit Singletary, Eric Wood said he had Shakir open for the TD, but his read was to Singletary's end. Was this the case?

2. On the Hockenson offensive pass interference, Eric Wood said Dane Jackson, I believe it was, got a jump on the ball and would have intercepted it, but Hockenson had to interfere to prevent that. Again, was that the case? I think the penalty in that case was a joke--15 yards. If it has been the other way, the offense would have gotten it first and goal at the one. 

#1 I'm not sure...didn't see that on TV.

#2 I think it was Cam Lewis he grabbed and that was an INT all the way...unfortunately Lewis tried to make up for his missed INT on the 4th and 18 play to Jefferson instead of knocking the ball down.

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

#1 I'm not sure...didn't see that on TV.

#2 I think it was Cam Lewis he grabbed and that was an INT all the way...unfortunately Lewis tried to make up for his missed INT on the 4th and 18 play to Jefferson instead of knocking the ball down.

Thank you. Ugh...Cam taketh then giveth away. 😪

1 hour ago, Bubba Gump said:

I was at the game. I'm not sure about your first question, but there was a play where Josh threw to the middle of the end zone to a covered receiver. Meanwhile Knox was in the right side of the end zone absolutely wide open. Josh never looked at him. 

And the pass to Hockenson definitely would've been and INT. Hock grabbed the defender by the jersey and pulled him down backwards away from the ball.

I guess it was a smart play by Hockenson, just like Diggs when he batted down the ball to prevent a pic.

37 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

1sr question not sure

2nd cam lewis was interefered with or it could of been an interception....seen db's drop easy picks ther eis a reason they play D....10 yard penalty for offensive PI

Ok, noted. I am going to edit my post to say it was "10 yards". Thank you.

I'll tell you 1 thing. All game the announcers were saying how the Vikings have come back in the 2nd half all year. 

I just can't fathom back to back gms blowing double digit leads

The first question I have no idea but it's clear Allen isn't seeing the field too well 

Starting to think it's a psychological issue. The commercials, sponsors, mvp favorite,  sb favorite.  He's basically the face of the NFL.  I think it's effecting his judgement and we're getting a version of Sugar High Josh

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.