The Doom of the Republican Party is in the Nomination .

T master

On 11/12/2022 at 6:17 PM, reddogblitz said:

Republicans need to do what Democrats can't.  Ignore Trump.  If he violates The Reagan Rule again by saying something bad about or attack another Republican candidate, ignore his ass.  When asked about what Trump said reply "Oh well, you know Trump,  he's at it again" and move on.  Talk about inflation or anything but Trump.

I totally agree Trump has galvanized the Dems ! By violating the Reagan rule he has done way more harm than he has good if he wants to run let him run as a independent and have the Pubs have a different nominee which is to bad if Trump could realize what he's doing he might learn something but that's not going to happen .

Time to move on from him !! 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillStime said:

lol - sorry (not sorry) I care more about our democracy than you, Jim.

So do i that's why i started this post because the lessor of 2 evils that i voted for will put the bigger of 2 evils back in power if a change isn't made . Just because you refuse to see that things are worse now doesn't mean that they are better .

The person in charge now has done enough to give us the highest inflation ever, has given us the highest illegal immigration ever, highest gas prices in a really long time & has added a huge amount to the deficit in a very short period of time to help cause the inflation !

Now unemployment is starting to rise again & it will cost us all more this holiday season than it did last year but you seem to think all of that is okay in the name of Biden i truly don't get it there has to be better out there than this guy !!  

2 minutes ago, T master said:

So do i that's why i started this post because the lessor of 2 evils that i voted for will put the bigger of 2 evils back in power if a change isn't made . Just because you refuse to see that things are worse now doesn't mean that they are better .

The person in charge now has done enough to give us the highest inflation ever, has given us the highest illegal immigration ever, highest gas prices in a really long time & has added a huge amount to the deficit in a very short period of time to help cause the inflation !

Now unemployment is starting to rise again & it will cost us all more this holiday season than it did last year but you seem to think all of that is okay in the name of Biden i truly don't get it there has to be better out there than this guy !!  

Highest inflation ever - everywhere in the world?

And corporate profits are highest ever, too?

Which is it

10 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I asked you.   I’m curious.  

Do you feel government spending has a hand in our current inflation?  

Yes, though I’m not sure it’s the biggest driver. Inflation is up globally, so ascribing all of it to domestic policy would be wrong. 

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

lol - yes - it started when Trump doled out those tax cuts… thanks! 

Ha.  You are so predictable.  So Trump is the only politician you’re ready to blame for government spending?  Any blame for Bush?  Obama?  Biden?  How about Congress that submits the budgets?   

2 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Yes, though I’m not sure it’s the biggest driver. Inflation is up globally, so ascribing all of it to domestic policy would be wrong. 

Who is laying all of the blame on policy?  

17 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Seems like half this board, at least, blames Biden for inflation. 

Good for them.  I don’t. 

EDIT:  unfortunately it’s on his watchso it becomes his problem. And if the Fed gets it under control while he’s in office he’ll (also unfortunately) get the credit. 

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, BillStime said:

Highest inflation ever - everywhere in the world?

And corporate profits are highest ever, too?

Which is it

Well the highest inflation ever around the world was caused by what happened here first with the increase in spending & gas prices going higher than they have been in quite some time it's a snowball effect !

And the corporate profits had to go up because of the inflation it's all relative if something costs more due to inflation those companies raise the prices to make up for the increase in production costs to still make a profit so it's really not a huge profit it's about the same because of the high inflation .

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, T master said:

Well the highest inflation ever around the world was caused by what happened here first with the increase in spending & gas prices going higher than they have been in quite some time it's a snowball effect !

And the corporate profits had to go up because of the inflation it's all relative if something costs more due to inflation those companies raise the prices to make up for the increase in production costs to still make a profit so it's really not a huge profit it's about the same because of the high inflation .

1. Are you saying that the rise in global inflation was caused by the USA’s COVID recovery package?

2. If corporations raised prices to meet the increased cost of production, the profit would stay them same. If it cost $1 to make a $10 widget, they pocket $9. If it now costs $2 to make it, and they raise the price by the same $1 increase to $11, they still make $9. But what we are seeing is they actually raise the price by more than the cost, up to $12 or $13, so they can now net $10 or more. Record profits are because they are raising the price by more than their increased costs. 

On 11/12/2022 at 9:12 PM, BillStime said:

Joe would win and you know it.

Health will prevent him from running. My guess for 2024 is DeSantis vs Newsome. DeSantis better win because Newsome has turned California into a POS state.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

1. Are you saying that the rise in global inflation was caused by the USA’s COVID recovery package?

2. If corporations raised prices to meet the increased cost of production, the profit would stay them same. If it cost $1 to make a $10 widget, they pocket $9. If it now costs $2 to make it, and they raise the price by the same $1 increase to $11, they still make $9. But what we are seeing is they actually raise the price by more than the cost, up to $12 or $13, so they can now net $10 or more. Record profits are because they are raising the price by more than their increased costs. 

The US is looked at as a leader in many ways what happens here effects other countries all over the world when the American economy is going good usually so is other economy's the US dollar is the worlds currency which things are bought & sold with so if the inflation rate here goes up yes it effects the worlds inflation rate .

Then when you add in the price gouging which you stated for the corporate profits that just adds to the problem & i would say yes that the covid recovery package along with the other spending packages passed by this administration including the inflation reduction act all added to inflation .

You can't borrow HUGE amounts of money & add it to a already out of control deficit & expect it to not increase the amount of interest that needs to be paid & if anyone believes what Biden said that one of those bills are paid for your more foolish than you know because there is no way on god's green earth that any of it given the amount of interest added daily can be paid off ...

Edited by T master

12 minutes ago, BillStime said:

DeNazi has NO chance.

DeNazi.  Hey that's cute.  Did you come up with that on your own.   I suggest you run with it.  Print signs, flyers and banners.  Register the domain name.

Between Biden and Newsom who would you vote for?  

Aug. 18, 2016:

At a campaign event in Charlotte, North Carolina, Trump said, "On political corruption, we are going to restore honor to our government. In my administration, I'm going to enforce all laws concerning the protection of classified information. No one will be above the law."

Donald Trump retained documents bearing classification markings, along with communications from after his presidency, according to court filings describing the materials seized by the FBI as part of the ongoing criminal investigation into whether he mishandled national security information.

The former US president kept in the desk drawer of his office at the Mar-a-Lago property one document marked “secret” and one marked “confidential” alongside three communications from a book author, a religious leader and a pollster, dated after he departed the White House.

39 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

It's hard to explain economics to the brainwashed... 

16 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Ha.  You are so predictable.  So Trump is the only politician you’re ready to blame for government spending?  Any blame for Bush?  Obama?  Biden?  How about Congress that submits the budgets?   

Who is laying all of the blame on policy?  

I think the last one who was fiscally responsible was......

Clinton's final four budgets were balanced budgets with surpluses, beginning with the 1997 budget. The ratio of debt held by the public to GDP, a primary measure of U.S. federal debt, fell from 47.8% in 1993 to 33.6% by 2000.

Edited by nedboy7