The Doom of the Republican Party is in the Nomination .

T master

7 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

I think the last one who was fiscally responsible was......

Clinton's final four budgets were balanced budgets with surpluses, beginning with the 1997 budget. The ratio of debt held by the public to GDP, a primary measure of U.S. federal debt, fell from 47.8% in 1993 to 33.6% by 2000.

What branch of government is responsible for the budget? 

• Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

What branch of government is responsible for the budget? 

Cute game you trying to play.

Go read about Clinton's 1993 budget bill OBRA. 

I've heard the nonsense from gingrich who wants to take credit for it. 

That bill passed with zero Republican support. 

1 minute ago, nedboy7 said:

Cute game you trying to play.

Go read about Clinton's 1993 budget bill OBRA. 

I've heard the nonsense from gingrich who wants to take credit for it. 

That bill passed with zero Republican support. 

Game?  Bill?  I thought you were talking the Budget. 

Now if you please.  Answer my question.  

9 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Game?  Bill?  I thought you were talking the Budget. 

Now if you please.  Answer my question.  

Your game is trying to give credit to the republican Congress who passed the bill.  In essence its congress that votes on it right? 

Though every congressional Republican voted against the bill, it passed by narrow margins in both the House of Representatives and the Senate.

Clinton presented his budget plan to Congress in February 1993, proposing a mix of tax increases and spending reductions that would cut the deficit in half by 1997.[10] Republican leaders strongly opposed any tax increase and pressured congressional Republicans to unite in opposition to Clinton's budget,[11] and not a single Republican would vote in favor of Clinton's proposed bill.[8] Senate Democrats eliminated the implementation of a new energy tax in favor of an increase in the gasoline tax, but Clinton successfully resisted efforts to defeat his proposed expansion of the earned income tax credit.[12]

Ultimately every Republican in Congress voted against the bill, as did a number of Democrats. Vice President Al Gore broke a tie in the Senate on both the Senate bill and the conference report. The House bill passed 219-213 on Thursday, May 27, 1993.[1] The House passed the conference report on Thursday, August 5, 1993, by a vote of 218 to 216 (217 Democrats and 1 independent (Bernie Sanders (I-VT)) voting in favor; 41 Democrats and 175 Republicans voting against).[2] The Senate passed the conference report on the last day before their month's vacation, on Friday, August 6, 1993, by a vote of 51 to 50 (50 Democrats plus Vice President Gore voting in favor, 6 Democrats (Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ), Richard Bryan (D-NV), Sam Nunn (D-GA), Bennett Johnston Jr. (D-LA), David L. Boren (D-OK), and Richard Shelby (D-AL) now (R-AL)) and 44 Republicans voting against). President Clinton signed the bill on August 10, 1993.

Edited by nedboy7

Just now, nedboy7 said:

Your game is trying to give credit to the republican Congress who passed the bill.  In essence its congress that votes on it right? 

Though every congressional Republican voted against the bill, it passed by narrow margins in both the House of Representatives and the Senate.

Now we're on to 1993??   I missed that. I though we were discussing a) Budgets (Not a OBRA) and b) the last four budgets under Clinton.

So I'll ask one more time.  What branch of government is responsible for budgets?  

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Now we're on to 1993??   I missed that. I though we were discussing a) Budgets (Not a OBRA) and b) the last four budgets under Clinton.

So I'll ask one more time.  What branch of government is responsible for budgets?  

You figure it out chef.  

12 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

How stupid are you? 

Is that you FoxNews? 

Stupid enough to think engaging in a conversation with you would be fruitful.  I guess when you've lost you resort to insults.

Why are you guys so angry?  Not a good look man.  Not a good look at all.  

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Stupid enough to think engaging in a conversation with you would be fruitful.  I guess when you've lost you resort to insults.

Why are you guys so angry?  Not a good look man.  Not a good look at all.  

yeah anyone who calls you out on your dumb way of discussing things is angry.  It’s not an insult when someone points out your behavior. Why are you so triggered. 

1 hour ago, nedboy7 said:

yeah anyone who calls you out on your dumb way of discussing things is angry.  It’s not an insult when someone points out your behavior. Why are you so triggered. 

Asking questions is dumb?   The fact you refused to answer is very telling. 

And there is one person in this conversation that’s triggered but it’s not me.  

Maybe some day you’ll learn how debate works.  In the meantime…..relax Ned.  

1 hour ago, nedboy7 said:

Ned, it’s not my discussion nor my fight.  However, Chef’s question was neither extreme trickery nor dumb.  I think where you jumped the rails was when you didn’t answer the follow up question after accusing Chef of playing games.  It gave the appearance that you were trapped in a maze of your own design, and lashed out to deflect.  

Submitted without comment, except of course for the comments I included. 

L. Skin-nerd, 2022

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Ned, it’s not my discussion nor my fight.  However, Chef’s question was neither extreme trickery nor dumb.  I think where you jumped the rails was when you didn’t answer the follow up question after accusing Chef of playing games.  It gave the appearance that you were trapped in a maze of your own design, and lashed out to deflect.  

Submitted without comment, except of course for the comments I included. 

L. Skin-nerd, 2022

Skin nerd??   🤔

32 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Asking questions is dumb?   The fact you refused to answer is very telling. 

And there is one person in this conversation that’s triggered but it’s not me.  

Maybe some day you’ll learn how debate works.  In the meantime…..relax Ned.  

Bro I am relaxed.  What is the point of your question?  The budget is a complex issue?  Congress?  Budget committees?  The president?  Does this go against the idea that Clinton had anything to do with creating a balanced budget? 

22 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Bro I am relaxed.  What is the point of your question?  The budget is a complex issue?  Congress?  Budget committees?  The president?  Does this go against the idea that Clinton had anything to do with creating a balanced budget? 

You may be relaxed but you sure didn't come across that way.  I asked you a simple question.  Yes I had a motive for my question and it was obvious.  But debate is like either a chess game or a lawyer in a courtroom.  Never ask a question you don't know the answer to or make a move you know your opponent will likely counter with.  Instead of responding in a calm and cool manner you you came out swinging which didn't look good on you. 

Now back to the conversation.  Of course Clinton had something to do with the balanced budget however who do you think had more responsibility?  The Republican led congress or the man who ended up putting his John Handcock on the final product?  And yes Ned, those are additional questions.  Now you can respond in a calm and cool manner or you can come out swinging again.  Never let them see you sweat and earlier today you appeared to be........profusely.  

23 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I see it now.  Ned was right the whole time, with your chicanery, questions and Fox News.  

It's just a simple question for clarification.  You know....a debate tactic.  :D 

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

You may be relaxed but you sure didn't come across that way.  I asked you a simple question.  Yes I had a motive for my question and it was obvious.  But debate is like either a chess game or a lawyer in a courtroom.  Never ask a question you don't know the answer to or make a move you know your opponent will likely counter with.  Instead of responding in a calm and cool manner you you came out swinging which didn't look good on you. 

Now back to the conversation.  Of course Clinton had something to do with the balanced budget however who do you think had more responsibility?  The Republican led congress or the man who ended up putting his John Handcock on the final product?  And yes Ned, those are additional questions.  Now you can respond in a calm and cool manner or you can come out swinging again.  Never let them see you sweat and earlier today you appeared to be........profusely.  

It's just a simple question for clarification.  You know....a debate tactic.  :D 

You are definitely a chess player.  I agree, the Republican congress who voted no in its entirety should get the credit.  No need to chat with such a calm brilliant mind!  I called your game out and you tried to spin that as me melting down.  You are a clown chef. 

Edited by nedboy7
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

You are definitely a chess player.  I agree, the Republican congress who voted no in its entirety should get the credit.  No need to chat with such a calm brilliant mind!  I called your game out and you tried to spin that as me melting down.  You are a clown chef. 

Sure seemed as you melted down.  I was wanting to have an adult conversation.  Instead of working through and proving your point thereby proving me wrong you resorted to name calling.  And it appears to be part is you M.O. as you continue here.  Get back to me when you can debate like an adult and leave out the name calling. It’s not a good look Ned. 

Carry on…..

16 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Sure seemed as you melted down.  I was wanting to have an adult conversation.  Instead of working through and proving your point thereby proving me wrong you resorted to name calling.  And it appears to be part is you M.O. as you continue here.  Get back to me when you can debate like an adult and leave out the name calling. It’s not a good look Ned. 

Carry on…..

Get back in the kitchen chef and stop your chess games on TBD.  You are too smart for this place.