Visiting for the Packers game - seeking tailgate recommendations.

BillsNutHawaii

Hi, I just came in from Hawaii for Sundays game against the Packers.  I’m seeking any recommendations for pre-game activities / tailgating. I plan on arriving in Orchard Park (From Rochester / Webster) at about 11am.  Thanks in advance for any feedback you can provide, it’s much appreciated!!  

On another note, can’t emphasize enough how fantastic this area is because of the great people!  If you don’t already know it, or just need a reminder, it’s a true blessing to live in Western NY.  I’m so happy to be back again!!!

Hammer Lot IMO.

Your best bet is to take the 90W to the 219 South, get off on the Big Tree Road (Route 20A) exit, and park at one of the first houses on your LEFT that are offering parking for $20ish.  Then walk to the Hammer Lot on Abbott Road (about a half mile away) and have a great time.

Then after the game you have an easy out back to the 219N entrance.

Edited by RiotAct
I’m a moron, the game isn’t a 1 PM start. Lol
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Hammer Lot IMO.

Your best bet is to take the 90W to the 219 South, get off on the Big Tree Road (Route 20A) exit, and park at one of the first houses on your LEFT that are offering parking for $20ish.  Then walk to the Hammer Lot on Abbott Road (about a half mile away) and have a great time.

Thank you - I really appreciate it.  I want the full day of activities- it’s my one game of the year that I usually attend, but my first evening game so I wasn’t sure what the best approach to the day would be. Again, thank you.

2 minutes ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

Thank you - I really appreciate it.  I want the full day of activities- it’s my one game of the year that I usually attend, but my first evening game so I wasn’t sure what the best approach to the day would be. Again, thank you.

No problem!  I had a much longer post typed up chastising you for getting to OP so late… but then I remembered, it’s a night game.  Duh 😂

Also, this is all assuming you and the people you’re with don’t mind making that trek back to the car after the game.  It might be a little more than a half mile.  Like I said though, I’ve NEVER had a problem getting back onto the Thruway when parking there.  (I usually park at a house between Kings Place and Queens Court, I think).

Getting there 9 hours before kickoff though, not sure if all the houses on Big Tree Rd will be “open for business” for parking yet.  But some will be.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

No problem!  I had a much longer post typed up chastising you for getting to OP so late… but then I remembered, it’s a night game.  Duh 😂

Also, this is all assuming you and the people you’re with don’t mind making that trek back to the car after the game.  It might be a little more than a half mile.  Like I said though, I’ve NEVER had a problem getting back onto the Thruway when parking there.  (I usually park at a house between Kings Place and Queens Court, I think).

Getting there 9 hours before kickoff though, not sure if all the houses on Big Tree Rd will be “open for business” for parking yet.  But some will be.

Your detailed guidance is perfect - just what I was looking for.  I’m with another friend and my 12 year old son (yes I pulled him from school to make the trip - but this can also be considered an “education” - right?). He keeps telling me he’s dying to jump through a table - well see about that one. 1/2  mile walk is just fine, but thanks for the warning.  I can’t wait for the kick-off … the anticipation of it all is eating me alive !!  

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I agree KDiggz.  Tell anyone who wil listen how far you came for a game.  You’ll get a warm welcome from everyone.  Best NFL fans by far in the league.  If you don’t have Jerseys for everyone in you’re group, you can always grab one at the Bills store.

Much appreciated- thank you!! To be clear, I grew up in Rochester (Webster), but left to join the Army in 1993 - and just retired in 2020 so now I can travel and visit as I want.  Last time I was at the stadium was 1988 - LA Raiders were in town - an extremely cold game.  So extremely happy to be back!  
Currently at “Miss Batavia Diner” for breakfast and having to the time of my life right now!   Time to go to the stadium!  Thanks for the  endorsement and best to you !

• Like (+1) 4

15 hours ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

Hi, I just came in from Hawaii for Sundays game against the Packers.  I’m seeking any recommendations for pre-game activities / tailgating. I plan on arriving in Orchard Park (From Rochester / Webster) at about 11am.  Thanks in advance for any feedback you can provide, it’s much appreciated!!  

On another note, can’t emphasize enough how fantastic this area is because of the great people!  If you don’t already know it, or just need a reminder, it’s a true blessing to live in Western NY.  I’m so happy to be back again!!!

Damn man...I am so jealous.  Visited Hawaii(Honolulu) for my honeymoon about 15 years ago and didn't want to leave.  I can imagine you are probably wearing a winter coat and gloves tho coming from there this time of year haha

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 hours ago, RiotAct said:

Hammer Lot IMO.

I followed the directions exactly - I MADE IT !!! Thanks very much to all who assisted!!!  Now at Danny’s then off to Hammer’s…… a dream come true to be back home with all these great people!

33 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Damn man...I am so jealous.  Visited Hawaii(Honolulu) for my honeymoon about 15 years ago and didn't want to leave.  I can imagine you are probably wearing a winter coat and gloves tho coming from there this time of year haha

No way - I love the cold and already had my shirt off (by the way - I’m female - jjust kidding !) I’m so happy !

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

I followed the directions exactly - I MADE IT !!! Thanks very much to all who assisted!!!  Now at Danny’s then off to Hammer’s…… a dream come true to be back home with all these great people!

No way - I love the cold and already had my shirt off (by the way - I’m female - jjust kidding !) I’m so happy !

Nice!!!  Try the chicken wing soup.  It’s pretty damn good.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

Much appreciated- thank you!! To be clear, I grew up in Rochester (Webster), but left to join the Army in 1993 - and just retired in 2020 so now I can travel and visit as I want.  Last time I was at the stadium was 1988 - LA Raiders were in town - an extremely cold game.  So extremely happy to be back!  
Currently at “Miss Batavia Diner” for breakfast and having to the time of my life right now!   Time to go to the stadium!  Thanks for the  endorsement and best to you !

I did 7 years active duty including a fun field trip to Iraq.  You more-or-less quadrupled me.  Thank you for your service and hope you have a great time.  

I haven't been at a home Bills game since the Bills Monday Night upset of the Raiders where OJ got hurt.  I envy you.  My Filipina wife, who has heard so many stories about the Bills Mafia and our tailgating traditions, is wondering when I'm going to take her.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Let everyone you meet know you are in town from Hawaii and I'm sure they will make sure you get the full game day experience. But be warned you may need a designated driver to get home!

He’s got it made! He came from Hawaii AND he has his 12 year old son! Who wouldn’t want to celebrate with him for sharing that adventure with his child! I took my boys to their first home game from Florida when they turned 16 as a rite of passage. Our amazing Bills fans were begging us to join their tailgates. It’s great that the team is now almost as good as the fans! Almost. 

Have a blast, @BillsNutHawaii!  You deserve it! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I did 7 years active duty including a fun field trip to Iraq.  You more-or-less quadrupled me.  Thank you for your service and hope you have a great time.  

I haven't been at a home Bills game since the Bills Monday Night upset of the Raiders where OJ got hurt.  I envy you.  My Filipina wife, who has heard so many stories about the Bills Mafia and our tailgating traditions, is wondering when I'm going to take her.

Hondo, thank you and likewise.  I’ve also been to the PI, a heck of a place! And really kind people !  Not having been here since 1988, I thought I held the record or close to it ….. you got me beat  there …… come join the fun !!  It’s fantastic …… in the next hour or so; I’m  about ready to go jump through and break a table in your honor / our honor. 

34 minutes ago, Augie said:

He’s got it made! He came from Hawaii AND he has his 12 year old son! Who wouldn’t want to celebrate with him for sharing that adventure with his child! I took my boys to their first home game from Florida when they turned 16 as a rite of passage. Our amazing Bills fans were begging us to join their tailgates. It’s great that the team is now almost as good as the fans! Almost. 

Have a blast, @BillsNutHawaii!  You deserve it! 

Augie, as you may or may not recall, we had our chat a few years ago - about our children. Coming back to the area - Today that day has finally come - I’m back home and loving it more than words can describe (tears, with a bit of whiskey mixed in; coming from my eyes now).  It’s gonna be a great night .   Great to correspond with you again and best! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

Let us know you’re experience tomorrow.  I love when you long distance guys get home for a game and let us know if you lose you’re voice tomorrow morning.  About 70,000 others will be in the same boat.

3 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

We’ll, Hondo, when are you going to pull the cherry and take you’re better half to a Bills Mafia experience.  I try each year, but couldn’t swing it with work this September.  I’m not going later than that as the winds start kicking up in October and don’t want to deal.  I did in 19 in November and honestly, it sucked.  39 degrees with 30 mph winds made it miserable in the upper deck. 

My days of that mess are over.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.