Anyone trying to buy tickets?

Finally got my tickets. They are all in the crappy 307 section of the upper deck, but at least I got 'em.  Of course I had to pay $30 in Ticketmaster handling fees!!!  They need to go back to allowing faxes.  That is so much easier!

PTR

339086[/snapback]

Sounds like Ticketmaster's the problem. Send em' a nasty e-mail! :D

http://www.ticketmaster.com/h/management.html

About Ticketmaster

Ticketmaster is the world's leading ticketing company, providing ticket sales and distribution through www.ticketmaster.com, one of the largest e-commerce sites on the Internet; approximately 3,300 retail Ticket Center outlets; 19 worldwide telephone call centers; and a broad online and offline marketing network.

Ticketmaster serves more than 9,000 clients worldwide across multiple event categories, providing exclusive ticketing services for hundreds of leading arenas, stadiums, performing arts venues, museums, and theaters, and sold 98 million tickets valued at $5 billion in 2004.

Ticketmaster is headquartered in West Hollywood, California and is an operating business of IAC/InterActiveCorp (Nasdaq: IACI).

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suh-weeet. At least you managed to get through. I'm getting a "try back later" message on the website, and a busy signal from the 877-BB-TICKS number.

As if that isn't amusing enough, I'm working midnights. In other words, instead of going to bed like I should have two hours ago, I stayed up for the sole purpose of calling in my order.

I'm running out of patience.

I manage to get through onlone and buy 10 tickets. Entered my credit card and everything.  Get to the end and it freakin crashes!!  Now I have no idea if I bought anything!!!

Last year they let you fax in orders ahead of time.  This was supposed to be an "improved" system!  Nice going, TD!

PTR

339004[/snapback]

This is the side of the President job Donahoe does the worst in my opion. Ticketing including ticket office should have been fixed when he got the job but I think they are too concerned about keeping staff.

The dirty little secret seems to be that if you shop online, there is no limit to the number of tickets you can buy!  You can only get 10 per order, but you can go back again and again.  There was supposed to be a limit of 10 tickets per game.

PTR

339103[/snapback]

I would be very careful with this. My friends did this through ticketmaster last year for some Yankees playoff games and they canceled their tickets the next day.

Finally worked,

Got my 10 extra tix to the Patsies game.

339220[/snapback]

Just curious where your tix are...I got mine at 10am and wound up in section 307 row in the low 20's...how about you?

PTR

I heard that the computer system went down for a little while which induced the clusterfu*%. I can't believe that people in here are actually blaming TD for this. In the current age of high technology that we are all dependent on, things like this are bound to happen. We should be thankful that the Bills even allow season ticket holders to purchase a block of tickets in advance. I don't recall this being an option before TD arrived. Be thankful for what you have.

I heard that the computer system went down for a little while which induced the clusterfu*%. I can't believe that people in here are actually blaming TD for this.

339520[/snapback]

Really. You KNOW it was Travis Henry! 0:)

I heard that the computer system went down for a little while which induced the clusterfu*%. I can't believe that people in here are actually blaming TD for this. In the current age of high technology that we are all dependent on, things like this are bound to happen. We should be thankful that the Bills even allow season ticket holders to purchase a block of tickets in advance. I don't recall this being an option before TD arrived. Be thankful for what you have.

339520[/snapback]

I wasn't exactly blaming TD for the computer foul up...but I was complaining that they eliminated the option of faxing in orders ahead of time, THAT was the best! No bulls**t like I went thpugh today, and no $3 per ticket "convenience" fee either. TD had to have a part in making that decision...so for that I say "nice goin' TD."

PTR

I wasn't exactly blaming TD for the computer foul up...but I was complaining that they eliminated the option of faxing in orders ahead of time,  THAT was the best!  No bulls**t like I went thpugh today, and no $3 per ticket "convenience" fee either.  TD had to have a part in making that decision...so for that I say "nice goin' TD."

339576[/snapback]

Believe it or not you actually saved a little. When I paid for my seasons online they added a $1 internet transaction fee (on top of the $3) to the order.

TD must like the MickeyD Dollar menu. 0:)

339520[/snapback]

Ummmm, yes it is the GM's fault. He makes sure he has the people to run the WHOLE organization from top to bottom.

This wouldn't have been such a big deal today IF the Bills don't have some kind of ticket/PR problems every fuggin year. Well, they do......then they don't do what they are supposed to do when the problem is solved.

Thus, they got bitched at a bunch today....I was one of them when they screwed up my tickets. I ordered some extras for elderly people and specifically said DO NOT PUT THEM IN THE END ZONE. He said he wouldn't, and said he'd call me before he got my tickets when the system was fixed. I told him upper deck, rows 1-20, or Tops Family section, but we'll discuss it when he calls.

Well, he doesn't call, puts them smack in the scoreboard endzone, and thus I ripped the poor girl a new ass when she didn't want to "fix" my order. She siad the Upper Deck tix are gone, and then I explained to her that I had some pulled up online. She backtracked. I told her to quit screwing with me, and fix my order.

Needless to say, my order is fixed. I have no confidence in what the ticket office there EVER does.

I'm still confused.  Was the problem with Ticketmaster or with the Bills ticket office at OBD?

339621[/snapback]

This was both. Even if it was a problem with ticketmaster....the Bills rep, never called me back when he went in to get my tickets. Then, the poor girl who had to take my call, tried to jack me around and cover up the guy's mistake.

Bills, ticketmaster, fax, paper shredders.....I don't give a fugg who's fault it was......the Buffalo Bills weren't ready, as is always the case in the ticket office again this year.

That, my friend, falls on no one but the Buffalo Bills. They have the reputation of having the worst service in the ticket office in pro sports, and the beat goes on and on again this year.

I drove by the Ralph today around 12:34 pm and there was a line of I would guess 30 people outside the ticket windows. I would think the line was a lot longer earlier in the day. The Bills switched from tickets.com to ticketmaster this year, but, still have the Forans in charge of ticket sales! 0:)

....still have the Forans in charge of ticket sales! 0:)

339851[/snapback]

IMO, you've nailed the problem, Mr. Hammer! The only certainty in several decades of poor ticket sales processes are Jerry and the Mrs. While I admire Ralph for being very loyal to his friends, it's time to gracefully move this aspect of the Bills operations up a notch, or two.

For folks bashing TD for any snafus, remember, the Forans are Ralph's people and Donahoe most likely has limited or no management oversight over their performance.