Going to my first Bills home game

Hambone

2 hours ago, Hambone said:

I am born and raised in Kentucky, but have been a diehard Bills fan since the Super Bowl years. Over the last several years, I have turned my son into a diehard fan as well. For my sons graduation and my birthday, my wife got us tickets to the Vikings game. It will be my first Bills home game and my sons first Bills game ever. I have a few questions about the gameday experience i was hoping someone would answer for me.

1. If I wanted to Uber to the game, where is a good location to have them drop us off at to avoid as much traffic as possible. Somewhere within a reasonable walking distance. I would say a mile or so from the stadium. We are staying in East Aurora.

2. Where is Hammer's Lot? The parking lot maps I see just show lot numbers. We want to check out the tailgating experience and heard that it is one place I should check out. Also, are there any other lots I should visit? 

3. Is there any thing special I need to know about entering the stadium? Do you still have to have proof of Covid vaccine, or was that just a thing last year? 

4. As far as dressing for the game, what is the weather typically like mid-November. Is it usually colder or warmer then the temperature suggests in the stadium?

That is all I can think of for now. If there is anything else you think I may need to know, please let me know.

Thanks and Go Bills!!!

I went to my first Bills game many years ago in late October.  

I was NOT prepared, as far as attire goes.  

If nothing else, make sure you've got some sort of rain gear or water-resistant outerwear.  And, as someone mentioned upstream, wear waterproof, insulated boots.  Once your feet are cold and/or wet, you're fuct.

Enjoy!!!

Have a great time!  It will be memorable.  You can park close pretty cheap ($30), it is Buffalo.  When they opened Joe Robbie in Miami years ago, I was standing behind Ralph Wilson waiting for tickets at Will Call.  His comment:  "Can you believe what they get for parking?  They would skin me alive in Buffalo if I tried that."  Great game, Bills won.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, BillsDad51 said:

Right now, AccuWeather has a high of 40 with afternoon showers. I'm checking daily cause my son and I are coming from Chicago for the game. Hopefully the forecast will improve as Nov.13 gets closer.

that’s a total guess this far out.

1 hour ago, BillsDad51 said:

Right now, AccuWeather has a high of 40 with afternoon showers. I'm checking daily cause my son and I are coming from Chicago for the game. Hopefully the forecast will improve as Nov.13 gets closer.

"Checking daily" for a forecast 3 weeks away?  They can't get a forecast right 3 days ahead, let alone 3 weeks. ;)

Edited by LabattBlue

Moved away from upstate NY when I was a kid in the early 90s but was already a Bill's fan.  Saw some games against the Jets when I lived near NY City when I worked for Ralph Lauren but went to my first game in Buffalo last year.  If you are staying in Buffalo paying the 50 bucks for a Rally bus is a great deal.  They pick you up down town and drive you to and from the game and have storage under the bus if you want to tailgate.  You can leave your stuff with the bus drink all game and they'll drive you back to the city afterwards.  I tried to dress warm enough for the game and my daughter talked me into buying a Bills blanket on the way in and I'm glad I did.  We'll see how warm that blanket keeps me when I bring it to Foxborough December 1st.

https://rally.co/buffalo-bills/

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...

So, I made it in to town yesterday and I am having a great time. I do have one question about parking. I was just reading that you need to have a parking pass to park in the lots by the stadium (Lot 4 for example). If I don't have one, can I just pay there at the lot in the morning?

I’d just park at a dude’s lawn. 
For example guys on Webster Road have porta potties and tailgates. Easy walk. Drive to Abbott + Webster road give the owner $10. The houses all north of the stadium park in their grass. *our weather just switched totally, a Kentuckian needs to think “winter skiing”

Edited by Since1981

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.