Why are we playing in KC two years in a row?

Virgil

On 10/12/2022 at 7:44 AM, BLeonard said:

O/T:  Bit of Bills schedule trivia for anyone that cares.  When Jim Kelly retired after the 1996 season, there were 30 teams in the league.  During his career, he played against 28 of them.  Besides the Bills, which team did Kelly never play against? (PS, not thinking of the Ravens here, they had just started in 96).

Buffalo never played San Diego during Kelly's tenure. I learned something new today. Thank you for asking! And for all your research and taking the time to do a chart, etc.

Back then, long times between playing teams was common. Buffalo didn't host Seattle from 1976, when Seattle first entered the NFL as an expansion team, until 1995. So for almost two decades Bills fans never got the privilege of watching the Seahawks in the Rich. And, from 1976 to 2007, we played 8 out of our 10 games against them at Seattle.

Edited by chongli

52 minutes ago, chongli said:

LOL. Don't remind us of that. I watched it live and did not want Kelly's career to end that way.

Here's a nice highlight video of that game.  I just watched it.  I forgot what a close, tight game that was.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.